• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

I still haven't been able to beat regular Apex on his own.

I've finally gotten my Magala CB all the way upgraded. The poor thing has stayed with me pretty much all of the 300 hours I've put into this game, and now it's complete.

jorgejjvr

Does anyone know fellow hunters who have the deviljho GQ with Freedom C Series arms? My apologies if I'm asking this too much, but quite frankly at this point there's nothing else to do in MH and finishing Death Stench is all that's keeping me from being at peace.

-Alternis

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Finally made my Zinogre set. Took me a while before I could get jasper off its tail. It has:
Thunder atk 3
Latent power 2
Minds eye
Razor sharp

It has 4 more slots but i need more parts for Guts gem. And also need another Jasper for my Volt axe.

ID: 27-4191-6236-0033
Pass: 0000

G-Turns, 2 slots open. Mostly doing quest completion but would also like farm some Zenith Wyvern Gems (both regular and large).

Made the Kirin IG and I already know I want to hone attack on it since even though the element is 550 the raw is very low at 713. And it already offers +38 def, so I think it's a good idea. Though having almost 100 def from a weapon does sound kinda tempting.

I have some questions for dual blades users.
Should I get Steady Hand?
If my weapon already has purple sharpness, should Honed Blade be considered?
If my weapon has both elemental and status attack, should I get Enlightened Blade?

I'm considering mixing some relic armors with Shinobi set but damn making choice is hard ;_;

I have some questions for dual blades users.
Should I get Steady Hand?
If my weapon already has purple sharpness, should Honed Blade be considered?
If my weapon has both elemental and status attack, should I get Enlightened Blade?

I'm considering mixing some relic armors with Shinobi set but damn making choice is hard ;_;

Steady hand most definitely. You'll halve the rate of sharpness, which is huge for dual blades especially. Honed blade with something that already has purple will give you an attack boost, so I'd put that second on the line. I've not been able to build something with Arcana yet, so I have no idea how that would go, but I imagine it'd be really handy on those with locked elements like the Dalamadur DBs.

But Steady Hand 100%.

Just killed my first Chameleos. It took 29 of the 35 minutes I had, made me cart twice, and stole a Max Potion and Ancient Potion :/ What an annoying piece of trash monster.

How do I unlock the Crazy Stupid Love quest? I'm working with 6* Caravan quests, but I have a feeling it's only unlockable via quest line I missed.

How do I unlock the Crazy Stupid Love quest? I'm working with 6* Caravan quests, but I have a feeling it's only unlockable via quest line I missed.

Assuming you already completed Advanced: Fleet Action, make sure you spoke to everyone in town. I don't remember who exactly you have to talk to, though.

Salaadin

Charm farming is sucking the life out of this game for me. Think it's time for me to just stop and maybe something will just drop naturally during a random quest.

Anyone interested in doing Chumming the Waters (dual frenzied Zamtrios for casting machine upgrade)?

Edit: Never mind, already been DC'ed twice since I posted this.

Charm farming is sucking the life out of this game for me. Think it's time for me to just stop and maybe something will just drop naturally during a random quest.

I got most of my good charms from Felyne Explorer food skill. I can only tolerate charm farming if I've got something on in the background.

Assuming you already completed Advanced: Fleet Action, make sure you spoke to everyone in town. I don't remember who exactly you have to talk to, though.

Christ, I hate that monster. Okay.

Urgent Quests don't count if you're not the one starting them? I just killed a Pink Rathian with someone, and it didn't put me to HR5. :(

(I have the quest available to me, by the way)

Christ, I hate that monster. Okay.

Urgent Quests don't count if you're not the one starting them? I just killed a Pink Rathian with someone, and it didn't put me to HR5. :(

Yeah, you have to be the one who posted the urgent in order for it to count.

Feebastic

Nope, they don't. Fine when playing with friends/ GAF, annoying online with randoms.

I got most of my good charms from Felyne Explorer food skill. I can only tolerate charm farming if I've got something on in the background.

I just do the classic Sovereign of the Sky trick with my IG. G2, eat for Explorer, hit all the gold mining spots on the map, break Rath back with two mounts or sooner if I can aim the IG right. It's a five minute run, tops.

What's the expected online etiquette during fights like Zam where you might get frozen (or fights where you might get paralyzed, webbed, etc.)? I just had a guy rage pretty hard because I didn't help when Zam froze him. We completed the quest anyway and neither of us died, but was I "supposed" to break off to unfreeze him?

What's the expected online etiquette during fights like Zam where you might get frozen (or fights where you might get paralyzed, webbed, etc.)? I just had a guy rage pretty hard because I didn't help when Zam froze him. We completed the quest anyway and neither of us died, but was I "supposed" to break off to unfreeze him?

It's generally nice to do so, but if you have to go out of your way to help him, I think it's a bit much. Especially Zam; if you were facing Uka it'd be a different story because of how devastating he can be, but you don't need to be running across a map to help someone who's frozen.

tuffy

It's good to help somebody stuck in an ice ball if you can, but people need to bring their own cleaners in case that happens. If one happens to forget, it's better to scurry off into a corner until it wears off rather than force others to break away from the fighting to take care of one's own mess. There's no excuse for raging at others about it.

I just do the classic Sovereign of the Sky trick with my IG. G2, eat for Explorer, hit all the gold mining spots on the map, break Rath back with two mounts or sooner if I can aim the IG right. It's a five minute run, tops.

Yup, that's the ideal charm run. I was responding to the user's post about feeling burnt out from charm running and that I avoid feeling burnt out by eating for Felyne Explorer whenever I'm helping friends/GAF. A lot more tolerable when spaced out like that, and I've gotten some amazing charms from it.

I would've just told him to bring cleanser 'cause it's a pretty cool item to use when you're trapped in a snowball.

Shengar

If you already unlocked Juju Melding and have a fuckton of Pure and Vile Frenzy Crystal, charm melding is a good alternatives.

I would've just told him to bring cleanser 'cause it's a pretty cool item to use when you're trapped in a snowball.

I almost said something along the lines of "maybe you should have dodged his freezing attacks like I did", but I just closed the 3DS on him instead.

I was using the IG on the quest; can my pheromone shot break snowballs? If I was gunning the quest I could have shot him to break it.

Top Bottom