• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

PrankT

Act of Gog > One guy carts > Team abandons quest > solo cutting his tail off to end via subquest.

My Monhun is strong.

Edit: What the fuck has happened to the online community? I'm getting guys quitting left and right, leaving as soon as the mission is over without a word, and leaches all over the place especially in these big battles. Doesn't even use the cannon! Even the simplest player can contribute in the Gog fight by loading the cannon.
I've disconnected quite a bit where I know it probably looks like I quit. I usually give people the benefit if the doubt.

Quadratic

Anyone interested in fighting Shah Dalamadur?
Hopefully able to get a gem for the Rebellion Z helm.

05-9658-0096-6585
pw:0001

Edit: Still have a slot open

jorgejjvr

I had all 5 GQ and made my own Death Stench full set. I'm assuming that's what you're going for, unless it's C. Fatalis Z stuff.

I gave all 5 GQ's to a friend before I deleted all of them. I could probably ask him later if he still has it if you're interested.

Please reply when you can. I'm heavily interested >.<

-Alternis

Rawk Hawk

Thanks for the group tonight guys (I am Lags in game), pretty awesome runs. Got to figure out how to hone my waxglare wand and which seregios weapon to upgrade (hammer or gun lance).

Yrael

Jumping back into online after some time off - is this a set that's likely to get me kicked from online missions? I know some people don't like others using the Fate skill, but I've also got some other useful skills here too so wasn't sure. I am in G1 (and have never carted more than once in a single mission online).

Full Golden Lune Armour

Skills:
Miraculous Luck
Razor Sharp
Partbreaker
Divine Blessing

Total defence: 510

OceanBlue

I've disconnected quite a bit where I know it probably looks like I quit. I usually give people the benefit if the doubt.

Just happened to me :(. I was enjoying the party I found too.

Jumping back into online after some time off - is this a set that's likely to get me kicked from online missions? I know some people don't like others using the Fate skill, but I've also got some other useful skills here too so wasn't sure. I am in G1 (and have never carted more than once in a single mission online).

Full Golden Lune Armour

Skills:
Miraculous Luck
Razor Sharp
Partbreaker
Divine Blessing

I'm in G2 with Rath Soul armor (500 def after upgrades) and I haven't been kicked yet. I even run around with Rare 7 weapons (elemental SnS) when everyone's using Rare 8 and 9 because I like switching between weapons so often.

Full Golden Lune Armour

Skills:
Miraculous Luck
Razor Sharp
Partbreaker
Divine Blessing

I waited to get g rank armor until seregios, and I did get kicked in g1 quests for having a high rank set. I had good skills on that set too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
G-Rank room, looking to do some of the G1 Wycoon upgrade quests (2x Khezu, Seltas/D.Seltas, Ketcha/A.Ketcha, Daimyo Hermitaur/P.Daimyo Hermitaur).

52-1066-3464-2570

EDIT: Done. Thanks so much for the help, Zetani! We absolutely demolished those quests! :lol

Did the urgent /mordan (?) and Kirin quest and I did all the quest with talk bubbles and I searched for everyone who might wanna talk but can't find any new request quest. Not sur what I should do other than do all the quest that don't have the bubbles. :/

Not sure why all my urgent quest are still low ranked even though I'm at 8 star.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit, I'm loving this gemmed up/talisman'd Lagi X set. 569 def, Awaken, Crit Draw, Weakness Exploit, Quick Sheath, Focus, and Divine Blessing. So good.

As a charge blade user, I am torn between a gogma and a Kushala daora gear set. Both have interesting habilities. I am now wearing a chaos gore set, but it is mainly good for elemental weapons.

I guess I will craft both...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I love those moments when teamwork just kinda happens. Was fighting a Shrouded Nerscylla online, and it ran off to go sleep. I went into it's lair planning on setting a trap under it. Well, one of the other guys ran in and set up a couple bombs under it at the same time. So it was just the perfect setup. Bombs knocked it down into the trap and we cap'd it. With no prior planning or communication. Just love when that happens.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So this is how my Monster Hunter day went:

"I'm bored and don't know what I want to do now...I guess I'll just do those Wycoon upgrade quests" -> "Hey, now I can make the Lagi X set. I think I'll do that. Just need to farm a few Tidal Najarala and Rathalos." -> "Holy shit this set is great. Just need to farm a Ruby Basarios real quick for decoration materials." -> "This would be an AMAZING Great Sword set. Let me just make a GS suitable for G-Rank." -> "Oh hey, I'm only a few Tigrex Hardclaws away from upgrading this GS. Let's get those real quick, then." -> "Fuck it, I'm just gonna go fight one more thing to test everything out now that it's done." -> "Holy shit why is the sun up?"

This goddamn game. :lol

I am thinking about picking this up. I have never played a Monster Hunter game before. Would this be the best thread to get help and advice from or is there another aimed at beginners like myself? The search brought up one, but it was not very active.

Holy shit, I'm loving this gemmed up/talisman'd Lagi X set. 569 def, Awaken, Crit Draw, Weakness Exploit, Quick Sheath, Focus, and Divine Blessing. So good.

Now slap on that Deified Grisblade and watch the fireworks happen.

I wish I had some way to get Sharpness+1 in there.

I am thinking about picking this up. I have never played a Monster Hunter game before. Would this be the best thread to get help and advice from or is there another aimed at beginners like myself? The search brought up one, but it was not very active.

Check out the OP, and ask us if you have questions. This was also my first Monster Hunter game and once I nailed down the basics, it all kinda clicked together for me.

twelver

Anyone have a colorful feast dlc quest they can host after 4pm eat today??

Also any recommendations for rebellion helm z mixed sets for s Axe?? Thanks.

Tom_Cody

So this is how my Monster Hunter day went:

"I'm bored and don't know what I want to do now...I guess I'll just do those Wycoon upgrade quests" -> "Hey, now I can make the Lagi X set. I think I'll do that. Just need to farm a few Tidal Najarala and Rathalos." -> "Holy shit this set is great. Just need to farm a Ruby Basarios real quick for decoration materials." -> "This would be an AMAZING Great Sword set. Let me just make a GS suitable for G-Rank." -> "Oh hey, I'm only a few Tigrex Hardclaws away from upgrading this GS. Let's get those real quick, then." -> "Fuck it, I'm just gonna go fight one more thing to test everything out now that it's done." -> "Holy shit why is the sun up?"

This goddamn game. :lol
This rings so true.

Brutalx2

I just reached G rank and decided to try and do Desert Seltas alone. Everything went fine till Apex rajang decided to hop in and destroy me! I died 2 times but in the end i did it! Apex rajang looks so badass it's frightening!

Shengar

If you want to use Lagiacrus X set with Deified Grissblade, make sure you gem out the negative status attack skill or otherwise your blast attack will be as rare as Shagaru Magala mantle.

I have sharpness+1 on mine at the expense of quick sheathing (aside from that same skills as was listed above).

Hm. I'll have to think about that, because I like the quick sheathing skill but I also really enjoy having a purple sharpness.

If you want to use Lagiacrus X set with Deified Grissblade, make sure you gem out the negative status attack skill or otherwise your blast attack will be as rare as Shagaru Magala mantle.

Well done. I just gemmed it out in case I want to use any other status GS.

Do it. This is my first MH too and I think it is my favorite game of all time. Yes.

The thing is, everything you are reading on this page will be meaningless to you until you're 100+ hours into the game. You will have a ton of questions at first, so feel free to ask here and we will try to help you out.

Leezard

Does status attack actually affect Blast? IIRC you want bombardier if you want to get blast attacks more often, but I could be mistaken.

edit: some google searches later it seems like Status Crit affects Blast, but Status attack up does nothing for blast. This would lead me to think that status attack down would do nothing as well.

Rawk Hawk

Relic Armor question: So my next big adventure will be gunning, but I would like to get a body piece with Covert+5 in it, that basically ends my knowledge of relic armor and getting the gem I want.

I think grinding high rank GQ's is the way? Or can G Rank expeditions net these? The wiki page gives information about what style armor you can get, but nothing about slot size or gems, so I'm under the impression they can show up in any piece?

It's probably a grandiose task to search for this as my first piece of gunning armor, but since last night's runs I've spent all my money and taking my time to find something will allow me time to build up funds as well, haha. Even if I don't find it while farming money I should have enough to make another set later.

Shengar

Does status attack actually affect Blast? IIRC you want bombardier if you want to get blast attacks more often, but I could be mistaken.

edit: some google searches later it seems like Status Crit affects Blast, but Status attack up does nothing for blast. This would lead me to think that status attack down would do nothing as well.
Ah yes, my mistake. It is CritStatus that affect blast atack, not the general status attack skilL. Well this mean that you can keep the gem slot for something else.

Menthuss

So uh, I just finished a hunt with a High Rank Yian Garuga. The last time I fought him was in Freedom Unite but he was pretty easy there so I figured this would be a cakewalk. It was going pretty well aside from him surprising me with a bunch of new moves. Suddenly, he enters rage mode. Man, even Sonic would like "Jesus Christ, slow the fuck down!".

So uh, I just finished a hunt with a High Rank Yian Garuga. The last time I fought him was in Freedom Unite but he was pretty easy there so I figured this would be a cakewalk. It was going pretty well aside from him surprising me with a bunch of new moves. Suddenly, he enters rage mode. Man, even Sonic would like "Jesus Christ, slow the fuck down!".

I thought I was prepared for Garuga when I first fought him in this game. Same situation, many many many fights in MHFU and no problems, just a tougher kut-ku, this version is pure evil.

Ever since I got my Regios X set, I've had a handful of people in rooms say "too many regios sets" and then bail! WTF? Like they won't play with someone who has a common (but good) G rank set?

His frenzied mode is insane.

I was planning to use a couple of Garuga X armor pieces in some pierce shot sets. So since there's no proper G rank quest with him, I decided to level up a Yian Garuga Guild Quest on my own for awhile.

I've since decided to use Grand Amagi pieces instead.

Oh, and here's someone's first meeting with a level 140 Yian Garuga with commentary. It's very funny.
I needed 1 silverpelt myself for my kirin ig and yeah, i know what you mean.

Ever since I got my Regios X set, I've had a handful of people in rooms say "too many regios sets" and then bail! WTF? Like they won't play with someone who has a common (but good) G rank set?
Those people aren't worth playing with anyway.

His frenzied mode is insane.
Frenzy Yian is just a purple no-scope bastard.

Salaadin

Is there a suitable three slot GS that can hold its own compared to the Cera GS?

I'm going to get Cera regardless because it's so close but I feel like I might need more slots eventually.
I hate the negative affinity too. Going to have to get over that

Finally I get my 4th Black Gravios pallium so I can finish my Grisblade. Thank Gog for my Miraculous luck armor set.

He's a walking hitbox.

I had a guild quest with a group once, 126+ level, and I was stupidly glad I had brought stamina juice because his first volley of three pecks nearly bottomed me out while I was blocking with my CB.

If anyone is doing the USJ quest, I'd like to join. Need 4 more runs.

Top Bottom