• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Leezard

^ yeah, Garuga is crazy aggressive.

I want to share my Grisblade template I found thanks to Athena's ASS, since I didn't want to use full Lagiacrus.

Ukanlos X
Rebellion Z
Lagiacrus X
Kushala X
Lagiacrus X

With just 2 charge gems, 1 tenderizer gem and any handicraft+5 talisman, you get these skills:

Awaken
Sharpness+1
Weakness Exploit
Focus

You also have 9 free gem slots to work with, not including any slots you might have on your talisman. The drawback is that the set is probably only good for the Grisblade, unless there is another good weapon that needs both awaken and focus.

If you like the souls game, you'll love Monster Hunter. Unless you are Dan Ryckert.

Ha ha, he really didn't enjoy it. Bloodborne quickly shot up to become one of my favourite games of all time, so that is good to hear. My copy of Monster Hunter arrives tomorrow and I am really looking forward to getting stuck in. Everyone be prepared for a lot of questions, I apologise in advance.

Salaadin

In order to get a diablos hardhorn, I only need to break both horns? That's it?

Seems odd that after 10 kills, me or my brother have yet to see a single one

I'm fighting Gravios, and for a minute there I thought this was some weird variant because it wasn't black and charred. Completely forgetting that it's just a regular one.

Wiseblade

Yay, I'm officially G1! I hate fighting Elder dragons, so HR7 was pretty much a nightmare to get through. Especially since i decided that I needed to upgrade my Dual Blades and Charge Blades as much as I could first.

Boogiepop

Just about to finish a nice set of Seregios X for my G rank starter armor. What's the recommended "best" G rank armor for Charge Blade so I know what to aim for next?

Beats

tuffy, do you use pierce 2 or 3 against Chaos Gore? I'm not sure what to use sometimes. I feel like across the wings or shooting the head straight on might be long enough to get all the hits in with 3, but I dunno.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Question for GS users. Right now I'm using the Grandglory Blade (1248 raw, 430 awakened Fire, +40 DEF, 10% affinity, 3 slots). It's maxed at Rare 9 so I can't upgrade it any further. Would it be worth it to go for the Tigrex GS line? I can make the Veined Graveblade+ right now (1296 raw, 330 awakened Blast, 15% affinity, 2 slots), but I don't want to use up the materials if it's not worth it compared to what I'm using now. I really like the DEF bonus on the Grandglory Blade and I'd hate to lose that, and I really don't care for how the Graveblade looks, but at the same time I'm a bit new to the Blast element, since I pretty much skipped out on 3U, so I don't know how good it is (though I do know it was heavily nerfed from Slime in 3U). Any opinions? I'm using a set with Awaken, Crit Draw, Fast Charge, and Sheathing, by the way.

Ultrabum

Question for GS users. Right now I'm using the Grandglory Blade (1248 raw, 430 awakened Fire, +40 DEF, 10% affinity, 3 slots). It's maxed at Rare 9 so I can't upgrade it any further. Would it be worth it to go for the Tigrex GS line? I can make the Veined Graveblade+ right now (1296 raw, 330 awakened Blast, 15% affinity, 2 slots), but I don't want to use up the materials if it's not worth it compared to what I'm using now. I really like the DEF bonus on the Grandglory Blade and I'd hate to lose that, and I really don't care for how the Graveblade looks, but at the same time I'm a bit new to the Blast element, since I pretty much skipped out on 3U, so I don't know how good it is (though I do know it was heavily nerfed from Slime in 3U). Any opinions? I'm using a set with Awaken, Crit Draw, Fast Charge, and Sheathing, by the way.

The tigrex GS you mentioned eventually upgrades to this:

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/greatsword/deified-grisblade

Its a pretty good GS especially if you are going to use awaken, but you will need endgame type materials to get it.

Defense is nice so I would definitely consider that in your decision.

Blast still works great in this game, imo. Its especially good on multi-monster hunts and on some specific monsters, but its still OK-good on everything.

Salaadin

I think these hard horns are going to make me quit this game. This shit is demoralizing.
12 kills in mp and 6 sub quest runs in sp. Ugh. Not a single one.

I promise I'm done talking about this.

I was kicked once in 3U when I showed up in FULL Brachy and my Brachy hammer.

Also since no one responded I made a room. I promise to not kick you for any gear combo.

G Turns: 65-2792-9959-6447 pass: 1111

PrankT

I think these hard horns are going to make me quit this game. This shit is demoralizing.
12 kills in mp and 6 sub quest runs in sp. Ugh. Not a single one.

I promise I'm done talking about this.
I've killed countless diablosesesoses over my 322 hours of gameplay and have received a total of two hardhorns...both of which I got last week about a month after I have up on them. Good luck!

Man Caravaneers challenge is such bullshit. If that Furious Rajang wasn't there, it would be easy.

What weapon are you using? I use IG and I spent the majority of the fight on top of the Zin and Rajang. I fainted once but was still able to pull it off. Also bring smoke bombs and if needed farcasters.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What weapon are you using? I use IG and I spent the majority of the fight on top of the Zin and Rajang. I fainted once but was still able to pull it off. Also bring smoke bombs and if needed farcasters.
I used lance. First time i manage to get the Rajang to kill the Zinogre, since I didnt realize that the smoke bombs last for like a minute. Then I died. Second time I ate shit. Third time I used the smoke to kill the zinogre but died once. Killed the Rajang and died another time, then fought Shagaru and died a third time. Its nothing but running for half n hour.

thechemist

Just abit of advice, I just entered HR3 online and Level 5 quests offline, just wanted to know what other weapons should I craft after the poison battleaxe, I am open to suggestions! I like to get stuck in rather than battle from afar.

That looks pretty crazy, a weapon you can dash, jump and block with that also allows you to delay your decent while attacking in the air? I mean where do they go from here, a MH mecha?

Ok maybe not that far, but still.

I would play the shit out of a Kaiju Hunter game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC13z3IZlgo I realise this is from frontier but man is it flashy.

Huh, it's really funny to see a bunch of the Teostra animations in that beastie. Guess they must have brought it down from that guy to our lion wyvern.

Rawk Hawk

Just abit of advice, I just entered HR3 online and Level 5 quests offline, just wanted to know what other weapons should I craft after the poison battleaxe, I am open to suggestions! I like to get stuck in rather than battle from afar.

If you mean the G Jaggi switch axe, I did that as well and ended up just making other switch axes since that one goes a pretty long time before more upgrades. At that time I used the Eisenleib (Gore) and Grim Kaze (cat looking one) a lot. That is, if you wanted to stick with axe.

tuffy

tuffy, do you use pierce 2 or 3 against Chaos Gore? I'm not sure what to use sometimes. I feel like across the wings or shooting the head straight on might be long enough to get all the hits in with 3, but I dunno.
I've been leading off with pierce 2 against Chaos Gore, largely inspired by this run against a similarly-sized lv 140 Shagaru Magala. But I'm tempted to try both pierce 2 and pierce 3 on a couple of runs against 10* Caravan Chaos Gore to see if there's any difference.

thechemist

If you mean the G Jaggi switch axe, I did that as well and ended up just making other switch axes since that one goes a pretty long time before more upgrades. At that time I used the Eisenleib (Gore) and Grim Kaze (cat looking one) a lot. That is, if you wanted to stick with axe.

Thanks mate but yeah sorry the poison battleaxe is actually in the Sword/ Shield weapon class. I never used the switch axe, may give it a shot regardless.

Top Bottom