• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Hey Molten? Would you mind dropping a blastheart ot two? Thanks bro.

*edit: Welp, looks like complaining works. I did a solo run to end via sub, i'm not even in my subquest rewards and I already got my blastheart. They do exist!

tariniel

I am also in the market for G Rank Deviljho for some parts, not sure if anyone responded to you but someone has one that would be awesome. I can't play for at least 12 hours, but just tossing it out there now, haha.

I haven't yet but am actively looking around here and other places for one, if I find one I'll send you a PM and I'll share it!

I've done 5-6 expeditions trying to get my own but haven't seen him pop up yet. I assume I have to kill Deviljho in the GQ to get his quest? Either way I've been killing everything and only have yian kut-ku and velocidrome quests to show for it so far.

Rawk Hawk

I haven't yet but am actively looking around here and other places for one, if I find one I'll send you a PM and I'll share it!

I've done 5-6 expeditions trying to get my own but haven't seen him pop up yet. I assume I have to kill Deviljho in the GQ to get his quest? Either way I've been killing everything and only have yian kut-ku and velocidrome quests to show for it so far.

I believe tuffy has one, maybe we can set up a hunting party? What's your play availability? I am usually open nights after 8pm est, if it's a night I can play.

tuffy

Though I do have the Deviljho GC, it has the wrong Freedom Series thingy (arms instead of chest? or maybe the other way around). Though more people are always welcome!

Rawk Hawk

Ah, dang not the one Alternis needs? Thought we almost had a full party there. I need to start getting more GQs myself, I just have a basarios I think in G Rank.

Finally got my first final form weapon! Yes! Now the question is, do you generally hone for defense, attack, or life on DB?

I personally did Attack on my Kirin DB's since they needed the help in attack power but I think more people would do defense since you get a lot of chip damage being under the monster so getting a chance to reduce that is welcome.

tuffy

YOU HAVE FREEDOM C SERIES ARMS!?!?!? :O

-Alternis
No, it's the wrong one. I remember looking at what you needed like: "G rank Deviljho", yes. "Freedom Series", yes. "Freedom Series C", yes. And then the very last part was wrong. It was like missing the last number on a lottery ticket.

jorgejjvr

That gives divine protection too? Awesome, I will hone for defense for sure since I always eat for Defender Hi anyway, now I can start eating for something else!

Indeed. Gaijin hunter noticed that it's a little hidden skill defense honing does that isn't mentioned in game. But it's definitely real and it does stack with Defender and the actual skill. Defender Hi and defense honing gives around a 44% chance.

-Alternis

tuffy

I honed my LBG's for def the other day but now that I think about it, would attack have been a better choice?
I just forge weapon duplicates and hone them differently.

If the monster feels like one I can handle, I'll take the attack honed version. If I'm worried about getting carted, I'll take the defense honed version. Those extra 60 points and shiny sparkles have saved my backside on more than one occasion.

Indeed. Gaijin hunter noticed that it's a little hidden skill defense honing does that isn't mentioned in game. But it's definitely real and it does stack with Defender and the actual skill. Defender Hi and defense honing gives around a 44% chance.

-Alternis

Would that stack with a set that also already had Divine Protection on it, or does it count as Divine Protection?

jorgejjvr

If you go on an expedition, and it tells you the armor you can get, does it apply only to the expedition or to every guild quest earned in that expedition?

-Alternis

Beats

I have Freedom Series C (Arms) on one of my GQs, but it's a Kirin quest. I'm not sure how that would affect the reward though. Does it have to be jho?

If you go on an expedition, and it tells you the armor you can get, does it apply only to the expedition or to every guild quest earned in that expedition?

-Alternis

I think it only applies to the expedition. I've been doing a bunch and the GQs I get don't really have the same rewards.

jorgejjvr

I have Freedom Series C (Arms) on one of my GQs, but it's a Kirin quest. I'm not sure how that would affect the reward though. Does it have to be jho?

I think it only applies to the expedition. I've been doing a bunch and the GQs I get don't really have the same rewards.

Yeah, rewards depend on the Monster. It must be Jho xc

-Alternis

I just forge weapon duplicates and hone them differently.

If the monster feels like one I can handle, I'll take the attack honed version. If I'm worried about getting carted, I'll take the defense honed version. Those extra 60 points and shiny sparkles have saved my backside on more than one occasion.
Weapon duplicates? You must have tons of gems and other rares laying around to do that.

tuffy

Weapon duplicates? You must have tons of gems and other rares laying around to do that.
I wound up with a vast number of Seregios parts farming him for Zenith Gems (either for myself or helping others), so it was easy to crank out a pair of Furia Seditions and a pair of Vaya Seditions. Those also tend to be my first choices for quests where I might get clobbered since the auto-reload feature will hopefully cut down on being caught by a big attack mid-reload. I'll probably get to the rest of my collection at some point.

But in any case, don't think of defense honing something as a mistake; you're just covering that base now and can always attack hone another copy later.

Beats

Screw it, I'm just going on expeditions, hunting five monsters, collecting drops, and hoping RNGesus blesses me.

-Alternis

If you want to make it go faster you can try to make a set with Challenger +2, Adrenaline +2 and Fortify. You can cart unlimited times on expeditions, so you can cart twice for the fortify boost at the start.

Wolfe

Also, does anyone have a G rank Savage Deviljho Guild Quest? (Yes they exist)

-Alternis

Got a source on this? I keep hearing they don't and I've never seen one or seen anyone on here or Gfaqs ever mention one. Would be neat if true though!

PKrockin

Not sure if there are Savage Jho Guild Quests but he at least shows up in expeditions. I wish they actually labeled him as savage rather than just "Deviljho" with a red icon. When I fought him I was pretty confused as to whether this was Savage Jho or just how Jho is in 4U now.

jorgejjvr

I'm pretty sure G Savage Jho is Expedition and DLC only.

To my knowledge, it's possible to get a high rank Savage Deviljho Guild Quest and upgrade it to G rank. However, I too have yet to find confirmation.

Gosh, all this is dragging me down, I feel like giving up. I supposed I'm destined to not finish the Death Stench set.

-Alternis

Wolfe

Not sure if there are Savage Jho Guild Quests but he at least shows up in expeditions. I wish they actually labeled him as savage rather than just "Deviljho" with a red icon. When I fought him I was pretty confused as to whether this was Savage Jho or just how Jho is in 4U now.

Savage Jho has a completely different icon.

MH4-Savage_Deviljho_Icon.png
vs the normal Jho:
MH4-Deviljho_Icon.png

To my knowledge, it's possible to get a high rank Savage Deviljho Guild Quest and upgrade it to G rank. However, I too have yet to find confirmation.

Gosh, all this is dragging me down, I feel like giving up. I supposed I'm destined to not finish the Death Stench set.

-Alternis

I'm still keeping an eye out for you, my closest jho gq so far is freedom c head :(

Anyone up for some High Rank Arena Quests? I need for Black Belt legs for a Charmer set I'm making, so I'm aiming for Color Code (Azure Rathalos + Pink Rathian Outbreak [or Gravioses]) for Flying and Ace Hunter Coins and Jho for Brute Coins.

EDIT: nvm. Turns out I don't need them!

Shengar

There's no such thing such as Savage Jho GQ. Savage Jho isn't a subspecies but rather special individual monster like Chaos Gore or Nuclear Brachydios. If Savage Jho got its own quest, then latter two should have one as well yet there are none. Both will be "upgraded" to their respective unique individual version (I can confirm for Gore at least) when the GQ level is high since they don't have apex status.

Purdy

How important is doing all the quests at the start? I'm currently on the 3 star ones, just killed the Gypceros but left a couple of two star ones out, that an issue?

Also when you leave for quest, is that what determines the area you are in? For example if I go on a 3star quest in Harth or the Harbour I end up in the same zones, so I'm guessing they are determined only by the quest you are doing and not the town you are in?

tuffy

How important is doing all the quests at the start? I'm currently on the 3 star ones, just killed the Gypceros but left a couple of two star ones out, that an issue?
It's not a bad idea to do them all eventually, outside of the training quests. Sometimes quests will improve food or other things, and it's good practice.
Also when you leave for quest, is that what determines the area you are in? For example if I go on a 3star quest in Harth or the Harbour I end up in the same zones, so I'm guessing they are determined only by the quest you are doing and not the town you are in?
You're correct; the town you're in and the quest's location are totally independent. The quest's location is based on the quest and it doesn't matter whether you start the quest from Val Habar, Harth, or wherever.

Purdy

It's not a bad idea to do them all eventually, outside of the training quests. Sometimes quests will improve food or other things, and it's good practice.

You're correct; the town you're in and the quest's location are totally independent. The quest's location is based on the quest and it doesn't matter whether you start the quest from Val Habar, Harth, or wherever.

Cheers

Top Bottom