• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Is there a resource that describes a way for me to see what relics are worth keeping?

Now I need to decide if I want to use my Crook for that gunner set that Gaijinhunter uses or something else...

Shengar

Brace vs Force wystone G1, great sword user?

Leaning towards brace.

It depends on how you play and the composition of your team mate. I think knocking out monster from frenzy is calculated from total damage you dealt. so in that sense, with Force Wystone you could knocked out monster much faster if you keep on the offensive all the time. The problem is of course if the monster you fought against just can't stop moving and you don't do shit in that short period of Force Wystone, which in that case Brace is much more preferable for its longer period of effect. If your team have decent IG user or status attacked, personally I'll go with force.

Shengar

I used force until I started to play against apex monsters, at which point I switched to brace.
I'm the reverse since I switch to Force or elemental depending on what gun I use, employing all or nothing policy by applying both Force/Drive during apex.

PrankT

I'm the reverse since I switch to Force or elemental depending on what gun I use, employing all or nothing policy by applying both Force/Drive during apex.
I think I'd use the same approach if I used projectiles, but I use horn and hammer a lot and get slapped around :).

Wolfe

Speaking of the new DLC I've got a room up if anyone wants to take turns doing the new stuff. It's open to randoms too but all they seem to want is jp DLC since they all leave immediately after checking the board.

Room id: 31-7785-5516-0381

Yrael

Whee, I got my first proper G rank armour - a full White Monoblos set! :D

To break it in, I went through the entire G2 with a random team online, including Chaos Magala at the end. It was a great run.

Shengar

Speaking of the new DLC I've got a room up if anyone wants to take turns doing the new stuff. It's open to randoms too but all they seem to want is jp DLC since they all leave immediately after checking the board.

Room id: 31-7785-5516-0381
Full D:

tuffy

I'm most curious about the new items sold by the Wycoon. I'd love to be able to buy Popfish, Pin Tuna or Armor Stones in bulk.

Tom_Cody

I feel like it's getting harder to find sessions online. I seem to wait longer when I create lobbies.
How specific are the lobbies you're creating? I always just join a lobby with two or more players related to what I am trying to accomplish.

I've only ever had trouble finding an appropriate lobby when doing something really specific, like hunting high-rank Yian Garuga or high-rank Ruby Basarios.

Rawk Hawk

The one hit KO was real last night, Rapid Fire kept me stuck in place to long.

Thanks for the help last night, I think for late G3 stuff I'll bring blademaster from now on. I hadn't even done the Ukanlos or Akantor before, and both seemed quite different than the ones I've faced. Like the death on Akantor was not a move I've seen before.

Tom_Cody

Is there a skill that increases walking speed while your weapon is drawn/charging?

This would be incredibly powerful for bow.

tuffy

The one hit KO was real last night, Rapid Fire kept me stuck in place to long.

Thanks for the help last night, I think for late G3 stuff I'll bring blademaster from now on. I hadn't even done the Ukanlos or Akantor before, and both seemed quite different than the ones I've faced. Like the death on Akantor was not a move I've seen before.
Looking for big enough openings for rapid fire is one of the major things I have to adjust to when bouncing back and forth between HBG and LBG. With HBG I can squeeze in a shot or two very opportunistically, but not so much with LBG.

But on the upside, when Ukanlos starts pointing in my general direction, LBG makes it much easier to sheathe and escape his burrowing charges. Though I must admit, the first time I ran into the super version he was carting me left and right with that ice beam.
Is there a skill that increases walking speed while your weapon is drawn/charging?

This would be incredibly powerful for bow.
I would put such a skill on every heavy bowgun set I have. Instead I have to stick with Evade Extender.

Rawk Hawk

Looking for big enough openings for rapid fire is one of the major things I have to adjust to when bouncing back and forth between HBG and LBG. With HBG I can squeeze in a shot or two very opportunistically, but not so much with LBG.

But on the upside, when Ukanlos starts pointing in my general direction, LBG makes it much easier to sheathe and escape his burrowing charges. Though I must admit, the first time I ran into the super version he was carting me left and right with that ice beam.

I would put such a skill on every heavy bowgun set I have. Instead I have to stick with Evade Extender.

I half debated slapping on a shot not on rapid fire just for that reason. Although I think the one thing that got me more than anything is the distance you are away from a monster. As a 250 hour blademaster,I'm use to being right up in their face. Standing so far away gave me a false sense of confidence to be able avoid anything, I mean you can easily see the tells now, right? Turns out, not right. In time I'm sure.

Pila

Anyone High rank? I'm hr7, we can take turns or whatever, just join. :)

67 2249 2034 2009
Pass 8787

Closing room, nobody joined :/ randoms here I come. ^^

Unicorn

Lots of good stuff in May update. No Resetti, but my friend will love Blanka is now in. Dante looks ridiculous, so I'm looking forward to that.

tuffy

Looks like the new Wycoon stock is:

raw meat
bomb casing
dung bomb
farcaster
honey
gunpowder
Kelbi horn
stam+ nectar: water

Looks like the best one is being able to get a lot of Kelbi horns without having Maximeld multiply them and using up a lot of Frenzy stuff like before. That in turn makes it a lot easier to whip up a bunch of Ancient Potions in a hurry.

Unicorn

raw meat
bomb casing
dung bomb
farcaster
honey
gunpowder
Kelbi horn

Looks like the best one is being able to get a lot of Kelbi horns without having Maximeld multiply them and using up a lot of Frenzy stuff like before. That in turn makes it a lot easier to whip up a bunch of Ancient Potions in a hurry.
Raw meat?! Megaton! I have the hardest time getting meat for some reason.

tuffy

Raw meat?! Megaton! I have the hardest time getting meat for some reason.
I've been stockpiling hundreds of raw meats over the course of doing Harvest Tours (usually for various Armor Spheres) and finding them in the quest rewards. But I'm glad they're easier to get in bulk now if the need arises.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

raw meat
bomb casing
dung bomb
farcaster
honey
gunpowder
Kelbi horn

Definitely good for the Kelbi Horns. Everything else is pretty cheap and easy to make / farm for, whereas the cost of straight up buying it is criminal.

Yrael

raw meat
bomb casing
dung bomb
farcaster
honey
gunpowder
Kelbi horn

Fantastic. It'll be nice to be able to quickly stock up on honey and gunpowder - I've been submitting quite a few honey and nitroshoom jobs. Wish there was a quicker way of getting Screamer Sacs though.

I'm still waiting for G rank Gold Rathian to appear. I miss my Golden Lune armour already, lol.

Leezard

raw meat
bomb casing
dung bomb
farcaster
honey
gunpowder
Kelbi horn

Which quest do you have to beat for this?

deim0s

I see. Thanks. is there like a new game plus or special quests after you're done with the main quest?

There is no NG+ in Monster Hunter. Only the SP quest ends - G-Rank/guild quests is where you'll spend your time in the rest of the game and DLCs for fun stuff.

jorgejjvr

I PM'd you jorgejjvr, in case you didn't see it. Got a Deviljho/Plum Hermitaur Tri Series B Arms.

This will give you Tempest/Welkin and Death Stench Arms.

Video (May want to mute) With a link to a JP site that has max values in the description too.

I usually just use this site. There's probably a translated English version somewhere.

Yes please! I would absolutely love that guild quest! Finally! I cannot thank you enough, my sorrow is at an end! I'm eternally grateful! Just make a lobby whenever you can and you can give it to me. In return, perhaps I'll give you 100 honey? Or any item of your choice?

-Alternis

Top Bottom