• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wolfe

I have a friend that plays with the regular 3ds and one that plays with 2ds. It plays okay for both of them.

Edit:
If anyone wants a casual hunt I'm resource gathering: 53-8074-4321-4662

I'll jump in with you after this hunt.

OK, i really want to buy this game. Anyone here plays on the standard 3ds model? I wanted to know if you can play it without any hassle or if i should wait to get a new model. I ask because i can't get the new 3ds for now.

I played on the 3DSXL for the longest while, it's perfectly fine. You'd be seeing a load time decrease and 60fps when playing offline if you got the N3DS, that's about it. Totally enjoyable!

OK, i really want to buy this game. Anyone here plays on the standard 3ds model? I wanted to know if you can play it without any hassle or if i should wait to get a new model. I ask because i can't get the new 3ds for now.

I play on the OG model, and it hasn't done me wrong yet. I even came from playing 3 Ultimate on the Wii U, and adapting to the virtual d-pad hasn't been an issue. Just rely a bit on the soft lock-on and you should be fine. :)

Shengar

Urgh, searching GQ 126+ always gives me Rajang, Teostra, Deviljho, or anything of those. There are so many times before I got bored carving blackpiel or goldfur. I rrally wish more people forget about the stupid RNG play and have things like Styg Zin or Brachydios.

I really want the Metroid suit but I'm only G1 ;__; Anyway, what's some recommended armor sets to ride out G1 in, or should I just stick with my good ol' Lagi blademaster armor?

Urgh, searching GQ 126+ always gives me Rajang, Teostra, Deviljho, or anything of those. There are so many times before I got bored carving blackpiel or goldfur. I rrally wish more people forget about the stupid RNG play and have things like Styg Zin or Brachydios.

Funny you should say that, I just had an expedition drop a zin quest just now.

DooD1234

I just realize. Is the metroid event quest suppose to be referencing Metroid bosses? It been a while but wasn't there a spider boss in Metroid Fusion. I see the purple yian Garuga is Ridley

Wolfe

I've got a room up for battlequarters apex rajang (g crown) and whatever turns after that if anyone is interested.

id: 01-3358-2778-5427

After 150h of Glaive realness, I'm ready to move on to Bowguns.

I forged the Ace set because it has 20 Fire Res and Bonus Shot. I'm gonna rapid fire the fuck out of Lvl 140 Teostra, but that is for next weekend! Mwahaha!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Need to do this advance quest so I can get some lagia parts. Maybe afterwards we can do G turns or something. Its a stygian and a brute tigrex.
08-6286-8227-1942

MildSoss

Would any one be willing to help me with my Ukanlos urgent so i can get into G rank? Help a poor high rank nooby out. :(

ID hall: 61-2549-1655-6565

Wanderer5

I realized that I carved freaking Black Gravios' pallium lol. Course I get the luck for the monster that was a pain to get a decent group for.

Wolfe

Turns out that gravios was my last G3 quest lol, can't even remember the last time I saw it in the list.

Grats on the pallium btw, always cracks me up when I carve something like that without noticing it at the time.

DooD1234

Woot, almost finish almost all of this month DLC quest. I like the Nintendo armor and weapons but I wish they were a lot more useful. Really useless but it really funny looking at your character with the Varia suit and then proceed to put a bigger arm cannon onto your arm cannon.

Shengar

Where the hell is the last canteen upgrade quest (the last fish upgrade)? G3, I assume? 'Cause that's all I have left.
All canteen upgrade quest are available pre-G rank quest. Make sure you check any quest with blue fish on the left side indicator since that mean it'll upgrade your canteen ingredients.

Wolfe

Woot, almost finish almost all of this month DLC quest. I like the Nintendo armor and weapons but I wish they were a lot more useful. Really useless but it really funny looking at your character with the Varia suit and then proceed to put a bigger arm cannon onto your arm cannon.

I love rocking my Varia armor on 140 gq, may not have the best skills but it's a solid defensive armor with room for multiple extra skills with the right weapon belt and charm.

Any rooms up? I'm up for anything right now.

Put one up.

Pila

Finally managed to reach G rank, I'm happy that I did it with my velociprey set, last urgent quests were something with my low defence, it's been a fun ride. Time to forge something less shitty I guess, not gonna do G stuff with that. xD

I made Gyp Z but mostly for nostalgia, although it can be pretty decent.

Sounds good, I may forge that.

DagsJT

Really struggling to get going on this. I'm RIGHT at the beginning, 2 star quest to kill jaggia except I haven't got a clue what they look like, which zone they're in ... It takes ages to go between zones. It already feels like a slog.

Really struggling to get going on this. I'm RIGHT at the beginning, 2 star quest to kill jaggia except I haven't got a clue what they look like, which zone they're in ... It takes ages to go between zones. It already feels like a slog.

They give a nice little picture at the start that is a fair approximation of what they look like. They're the slightly bigger purple dinosaurs that appear in the same areas that Jaggi do. Also I don't know what's up with ages... It's never been more than a second or two even on my 3DSXL.

Pila

I guess he's talking about the actual walking in the wild, not the loading screens.

Areas ain't that big DagsJT, you're not gonna spend a lot of time walking, it's not open world. At the very beginning you just don't know where to find monsters and what they look like but you'll learn soon.

When you see a balloon in the air, wave at it. They'll copy and you'll see a target on your second screen, it's your main target for the current quest.

brau

ok... so i was gonna do Rollin quest for teh blanka dlc. But its telling me that i am not eligible. how come? i am G3, and this is a low rank quest.

brau

Lol.. was about to edit. I just read no armor or power charms.

Thanks guys! i am gonna go strip and hunt some konchus.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is a dumb question - how do I go about farming decent rusted weapons? I really want to get a rustshard that gives me a delicious hammer.

Yrael

^ Kiranico lists which areas have the best mining spots for Rustshards and Ancient Shards. Here are the gathering maps:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2w2vy4/gathering_maps/

I just did the 10* advanced Dah'ren Mohran quest...good god, I didn't expect that during the second half of the battle the monster would start immediately in front of me. I was expecting it to be far away at the edge of the arena as usual, but BOOM - face full of Mohran. I almost jumped out of my skin.

I beat the Caravaneer's Challenge this morning! I thought I was toast when Rajang saw me first, and then Zinogre spotted me during my 8th smoke bomb, and I died, but I took care of Rajang quickly after, and Zin and Shaggy were a piece of cake.

Yay rainbows!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I am primarily LBG now, with probably a quarter of the matches as SnS. Gunlance has sort of fallen out of favour with me. I prefer LBG for many 4 hunter fights and especially fights with randoms. Four people gathering around, slashing at a monster, tripping each other, sometimes total chaos where people can't control themselves, I'd much rather be gunning. Even better, if you're actually playing with a good team.

Tom_Cody

Where are these gunners you guys speak of? I usually find another gs user, hammer, and a glaive.

No bow or gunner anywhere online.
Gunner classes represent 3 out of the 14 total classes. I'd say that's about right as far as their representation online. Maybe a bit less, but not by much.

(I'm an archer)

upandaway

Made a nice new set with mostly EX Rathian parts and a Kushala chest, gives me Sharpness +1 and Rec Up with a bunch of slots and free charm, and 466 defense, this should carry me for a while in G rank and I could make it without farming anything.

I can either gem in Focus + Bio Researcher or just Attack Up (L) for GS. Dunno which way to go

Top Bottom