• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

Where are these gunners you guys speak of? I usually find another gs user, hammer, and a glaive.

No bow or gunner anywhere online.
Bowgunning's all I've done the whole game (mostly heavy, but some light). Though I rarely play with randoms so I haven't gotten a feel for how uncommon they are with the general hunting populace.

Shengar

I am primarily LBG now, with probably a quarter of the matches as SnS. Gunlance has sort of fallen out of favour with me. I prefer LBG for many 4 hunter fights and especially fights with randoms. Four people gathering around, slashing at a monster, tripping each other, sometimes total chaos where people can't control themselves, I'd much rather be gunning. Even better, if you're actually playing with a good team.

From the supply box, the game clearly indicates that each battle was designed for two blademaster, one gunner, and one archer in mind. Even the Ace Hunters group is not all melee and have Ace Gunner

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
^ Kiranico lists which areas have the best mining spots for Rustshards and Ancient Shards. Here are the gathering maps:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2w2vy4/gathering_maps/

I just did the 10* advanced Dah'ren Mohran quest...good god, I didn't expect that during the second half of the battle the monster would start immediately in front of me. I was expecting it to be far away at the edge of the arena as usual, but BOOM - face full of Mohran. I almost jumped out of my skin.

Thanks!

Wow for some reason this stupid HR7 Kushala Daora "Stormy Knight" (needed for wycoon trades) is giving me a lot of trouble solo. I am G3 now so obviously I passed "Storm Front" and I passed his Caravan Urgent without any trouble at all once I realized to bring a poison weapon.

Now, in "Stormy Knight" I keep running out of time. It's a 35 min counter. The fight goes pretty well at first, but then the poison proc resistance starts to build up and I run out of flash bombs (which don't even work half the time anyway), and then I just can't get any hits in and time runs out.

Seriously considering farming for a wind resist set just to beat this freaking quest. Is windproof (lo) or (hi) required to resist his wind? Assuming Hi since he is basically a wind dragon.

No rooms with this quest open either... maybe you guys could help me out later tonight when I get online, like around 10 pm pacific?

"Stormy Knight"

Soloing that is tough because it's a guild quest, and the game assumes you're playing with four players. That's probably why you're having the most trouble, I think they take 70% of the damage you normally dish out?

In any case, what poison weapon are you using? Generally I'm able to solo Kush with my Chameleos weapons, but I'm not sure if you've gotten to play against that dude yet. The IG in particular lets you keep hitting him while he's in the air, and you can ground him with enough hits. Alternatively, aim to cut the tail. If the wiki is to be believed, that will weaken the barrier.

Soloing that is tough because it's a guild quest, and the game assumes you're playing with four players. That's probably why you're having the most trouble, I think they take 70% of the damage you normally dish out?

In any case, what poison weapon are you using? Generally I'm able to solo Kush with my Chameleos weapons, but I'm not sure if you've gotten to play against that dude yet. The IG in particular lets you keep hitting him while he's in the air, and you can ground him with enough hits. Alternatively, aim to cut the tail. If the wiki is to be believed, that will weaken the barrier.

Yeah I am using Mortal Miasma DB. Believe it or not, the upgrade path for those DBs requires me to trade Kushala parts for Chameleos parts at the Wycoon. I can't get the parts from Chameleos directly. So it's a total Catch-22. I don't know any other weapon classes well enough to be more effective, unfortunately.

Edit

Alternatively, aim to cut the tail. If the wiki is to be believed, that will weaken the barrier.

I will try this in the first half of the fight. Thank you.

Yeah I am using Mortal Miasma DB. Believe it or not, the upgrade path for those DBs requires me to trade Kushala parts for Chameleos parts at the Wycoon. I can't get the parts from Chameleos directly. So it's a total Catch-22. I don't know any other weapon classes well enough to be more effective, unfortunately.

Oh that's right, because there is no high rank Chameleos in the game. You could try a dragon or electric element DB if you want to do more damage, but I think the poison approach is probably the "safest" one.

My personal experience with the tail thing is that he almost entirely stops stunning you. It happens much more rarely than the "all the time" mode that the barrier tends to have.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kush is really easy to knock out of the sky with flash bombs, so maybe that will help in your effort to get some damage in. As others have said gem'ing in Wind Res if all else fails.

The theme is Weapon Gallery and it looks pretty cool, it's a backdrop of a bunch of weapons. I'll cycle between the two because I like the Gore on my lower screen.

tuffy

The new theme is easy to find too since there's only two free themes in the shop. I've been using it for a few days, but I'm tempted to put it and the Gore theme on shuffle.

Oh that's right, because there is no high rank Chameleos in the game. You could try a dragon or electric element DB if you want to do more damage, but I think the poison approach is probably the "safest" one.

My personal experience with the tail thing is that he almost entirely stops stunning you. It happens much more rarely than the "all the time" mode that the barrier tends to have.

Bah, tried again, couldn't really reach the tail at any point... and I ran out of time. I'm going to wait until I can get online and see if anyone will help me with it then.

I just realized I have a set of Gypceros U armor that I made accidentally when I was making my Gypceros S set back in my early High Rank days. It has Wind Res +12, which I can easily get to +15 for Wind Res High. I might give this a shot.

Ultrabum

If I want the Ceadeus CB I gotta do it.

27-4492-2915-3682

The best one I have for this quest is going to be the +35 from my Dominisect.

Edit: Guess my connection died. Room number is still the same though. Weird.

I can't join that room. Its bugged.

Editl Cough make a new room cough

I just realized I have a set of Gypceros U armor that I made accidentally when I was making my Gypceros S set back in my early High Rank days. It has Wind Res +12, which I can easily get to +15 for Wind Res High. I might give this a shot.

Welp, no dice. Time still ran out. I don't get why this quest is only 35 mins. Such BS. I might just forget about upgrading these stupid poison blades altogether at this point. Doesn't seem worth it.

Might give it one more shot with something other than poison, since I have much stronger options if I don't limit myself to poison.

18-1892-7966-5599

If it drops again I'll just give it up until later.

Edit: That went amazingly well, thanks ya'll. Now to put my armor back on and feel comfortable attacking monsters.

tuffy

Edit: That went amazingly well, thanks ya'll. Now to put my armor back on and feel comfortable attacking monsters.
Fortunately, the "Naked and Afraid" Jhos are balanced to not hit very hard at all.

Though it was pretty funny being a gunner with twice as much defense as everybody else thanks to a defense honed weapon.

Quadratic

Anyone have the fur fixation adv quest for Furious Rajang? I've been killing the village one slowly for the heart but it's not dropping. Hoping doing it in a group will be faster.

EDIT: Guess no one has it. I'll start grinding out G rank fanged beasts then.

jorgejjvr

Are there still any newcomer hunters on here? I'm wondering what you guys have thought about your first (or most dedicated) MH. What're your thoughts?

-Alternis

Tzmhero

I'm a newcomer. I'm really enjoying MH4U, 45 Hours in and I'm still on that loot lust. I'm enjoying the game more than I thought I would, and although i don't have all the time in the world to play, i do enjoy just about every moment of it. Even when i get knocked out the three times to fail a quest, I know I learned just a bit more.

Currently I'm farming Gore Magala... he's a pain, especially now that i have to get feelers. Meh.

jorgejjvr

I'm a newcomer. I'm really enjoying MH4U, 45 Hours in and I'm still on that loot lust. I'm enjoying the game more than I thought I would, and although i don't have all the time in the world to play, i do enjoy just about every moment of it. Even when i get knocked out the three times to fail a quest, I know I learned just a bit more.

Currently I'm farming Gore Magala... he's a pain, especially now that i have to get feelers. Meh.

I know that feeling. It's personally a pain for me since I need to get a weapon of each element in my preferred weapon class since I make use of a monster's weakness. Even worse since I use the glaive xP I'm glad you're enjoying it though, and hopefully you can play more on the future! What exactly do you like about it?

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

So what do the end game G rank hunters do for fun now that you've pretty much hunted and done everything a thousand times over?

-Alternis

I'm still upgrading stuff. I haven't even actually done all the SP things yet. But I get my hands on some new armor or something and get deep into the upgrading possibilities.

Top Bottom