• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

brau

I think one of the main creators of the game stated that Zinogre is one of his most favorite monsters to both draw and animate (though I think that was stated back in the 3rd generation)

-Alternis

In 3U Zinogre was my fav monster. He is just like a very big pokemon. That gets fluffy, and it has a lot of personality haha.
41Eu7TyYC0L._SX300_.jpg

Zinogre is the best monster, and they gave him the best goddamn soundtrack in the entire game. Fighting him is always a thrill.

Question. I'm currently fighting the Dah'ren in Moving Mountains on my quest for the Hawk set. I have a fully upgraded Cera Cymmetry honed for attack. I noticed he has a weakness to Dragon, would using my Brimstren Drakepride+ be doing more damage? Or Stygian Acedia whenever I find that stupid Skymerald?

brau

Zinogre is the best monster, and they gave him the best goddamn soundtrack in the entire game. Fighting him is always a thrill.

Question. I'm currently fighting the Dah'ren in Moving Mountains on my quest for the Hawk set. I have a fully upgraded Cera Cymmetry honed for attack. I noticed he has a weakness to Dragon, would using my Brimstren Drakepride+ be doing more damage? Or Stygian Acedia whenever I find that stupid Skymerald?

I really like his OT. But Teostras OST is amazing. I love that fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2vtoCFxJLY

jorgejjvr

How is jho more easy?

How is Rajang easier? Sure deviljho is stronger by far but let's be honest, he's EXTREMELY predictable, slow, and easy to block or evade (even without evasion skills I can roar through his body slam and roar). He's not that much of a threat and is much better than a extremely fast and unpredictable Rajang.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Rajang scares me. So i don't go in to fight him as often. I should try to take him on more now.

He's like deviljho, quite the glass cannon. It takes longer, but it's possible to learn his moves to such an extent whereas you don't even get hit once.

-Alternis

brau

He's like deviljho, quite the glass cannon. It takes longer, but it's possible to learn his moves to such an extent whereas you don't even get hit once.

-Alternis

Yea. its all about learning the patterns and tells. Everytime i have encoutered him he goes crazy and shoots lasers at me. haha Pretty intimidating.

jorgejjvr

Yea. its all about learning the patterns and tells. Everytime i have encoutered him he goes crazy and shoots lasers at me. haha Pretty intimidating.

I'll admit sometimes it's tricky due to his speed, but I think the major reason people find Rajang so hard is precisely that. They feel intimidated, pushed to a corner by its speed to the point where you can't accurately and calmly make decisions and that's what ends up killing you. People get hit once by one of his attacks (which are generally powerful and push you back a lot) and instantly panic and worry about what to do. I've seen hunters die due to his standard sprint when all you need to do is time it right (he sprints in a zig zag pattern, going left and right).

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

I think my bias is because the Jhos I've tried there's a lot of carts while the Rajang runs have been successful.

That's quite odd. Really strange honestly. Jho is just so easy, and I'm sure many GAFers would vouch for me. All I could think of is if your party members had low dragon resistance and got annihilated by his breath.

-Alternis

wiibomb

didn't jho had a lot more health? I think that's the main difference since Rajang is pretty much a glass cannon to compensate for its high attack and speed.. jho isn't nearly as fast but also hits like a tank

That's quite odd. Really strange honestly. Jho is just so easy, and I'm sure many GAFers would vouch for me. All I could think of is if your party members had low dragon resistance and got annihilated by his breath.

-Alternis

Should I have said they were randoms? :D

jorgejjvr

didn't jho had a lot more health? I think that's the main difference since Rajang is pretty much a glass cannon to compensate for its high attack and speed.. jho isn't nearly as fast but also hits like a tank

Honestly I feel like this Jho has less health than those of previous generations. It still has more than Rajang, but in Tri, with a full party, it would take like 20 minutes for a single Jho.

-Alternis

brau

I'll admit sometimes it's tricky due to his speed, but I think the major reason people find Rajang so hard is precisely that. They feel intimidated, pushed to a corner by its speed to the point where you can't accurately and calmly make decisions and that's what ends up killing you. People get hit once by one of his attacks (which are generally powerful and push you back a lot) and instantly panic and worry about what to do. I've seen hunters die due to his standard sprint when all you need to do is time it right (he sprints in a zig zag pattern, going left and right).

-Alternis

I also really enjoy the fact that monsters can get you in a combo. that helps with the intimidation part. Gotta come in, study the monsters and exploit their weaknesses. Some have really small windows. Thats what i think i find so appealing about the game, and i tihnk MH4 has a great balance so far on epic encounters.

wiibomb

Honestly I feel like this Jho has less health than those of previous generations. It still has more than Rajang, but in Tri, with a full party, it would take like 20 minutes for a single Jho.

-Alternis

yeah, that's true, but comparing this jho with MH3U, it is pretty much the same..

also let's not forget that MHTri was built around the fact that you had to go online to play some monsters, and jho and Alatreon were pretty much the most difficult thing there, so they kinda supposed you already where in a full party, different from this or MH3U where you can opt to refuse to go online

jorgejjvr

yeah, that's true, but comparing this jho with MH3U, it is pretty much the same..

also let's not forget that MHTri was built around the fact that you had to go online to play some monsters, and jho and Alatreon were pretty much the most difficult thing there, so they kinda supposed you already where in a full party, different from this or MH3U where you can opt to refuse to go online

You have a point, but even with increased health I still find Jho to be easier considering the fact that in the end, you get hit much less (or not at all if you know how to dodge or block his moves perfectly). Rajang on the other hand is much harder to dodge and block, and is still really powerful. This added with his speed makes him a formidable foe. Jho only really hits you if you're in the middle of something.

-Alternis

Shengar

GQ 140 Stygian Zinogre shits all over Rajang and Jho. I kinda wished they make apex out of it instead its electric cousin to make relic farmer crying home.

Purdy

At what point should I start playing online? Not even sure where to begin...

Should I just do all these 'star quests' in SP first? I'm on 4 star atm

Ultrabum

At what point should I start playing online? Not even sure where to begin...

Should I just do all these 'star quests' in SP first? I'm on 4 star atm

I would play single player until you unlock the wycoon, so can farm honey. I would also kill at least 3 big monsters, like the great jaggi, tetsucabra, ect.

Then I would go online! Online is super fun and it scales parallel to the single player.

Purdy

I would play single player until you unlock the wycoon, so can farm honey. I would also kill at least 3 big monsters, like the great jaggi, tetsucabra, ect.

Then I would go online! Online is super fun and it scales parallel to the single player.

Oh okay, miles past that then

I've been wondering if a single monster type can have different stats per individual or per quest within the same rank.

I am aware that monster size can make a slight difference in stats, so let's ignore that for now. And I'm not talking about subspecies or frenzied/apex versions, but rather, the same exact monster.

I ask because that Kushala quest "Advanced: Stormy Knight" that I had been tearing my hair out over for a couple days was significantly more difficult than the quest "Advanced: Storm Front" which I am able to solo with ease. On paper, they appear to be the same quest. HR7, "Slay a Kushala Daora or repel it", Kushala not frenzied, apex, or rusted. The only difference that I can see is the subquest, but that shouldn't matter, right? I don't get it.

Rawk Hawk

Yea I believe different quests with the same monsters can have different stats. All the elder dragons in hr7 have two versions it seems, later the same thing applies in G3. There are normal hunts, then ones in the battlefield with buffed stats.

Riposte

In what order should I do the caravan quests after reaching 6* with HR4? There seems to be two paths and I'm not sure what their relative difficulty is (i.e., what order to do them along side the guild quests if I want to keep the difficulty leveled). First involves unlocking more quests in 6* as you increase your HR through high-rank guild quests, while the other involves unlocking higher levels of caravan quests ignoring HR until you reach G rank (which I am assuming was added after the fact with 4G/4U).

wiibomb

You have a point, but even with increased health I still find Jho to be easier considering the fact that in the end, you get hit much less (or not at all if you know how to dodge or block his moves perfectly). Rajang on the other hand is much harder to dodge and block, and is still really powerful. This added with his speed makes him a formidable foe. Jho only really hits you if you're in the middle of something.

-Alternis

I agree with it too, may be I'm more used to fight jho than this new rajang... but rajang is a real pain

By the way... I'm in need of a party to fight Gogmazios.. EVERYONE dies at it.. I don't get it since I usually don't... anyone wants to help me?
Room 61-1904-9255-0281

Top Bottom