• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Beats

Tried to make something decent with the Metroid set and I ended up with:
Challenger+2
Wellness
Sharpness+1
Rock Steady
Bombardier
Raise Hunger

I'm using Grand God's Peer Belt for the waist, True Ruiner SnS, and Handicraft +4 Defense -1 two slot talisman. I don't think the Raise Hunger skill will be too much of an issue, so I'm happy with the set.

also what exactly does Rock Steady do? It's just windproof(lo) and earplugs right? Are there any other effects?

tuffy

Man, trying to figure out armor sets is a fucking headache.

I am trying to build a set with Knockout King and either Attack Up or Evade Distance. Where do I begin in HR?
Uniqlo armor pieces from the DLC event quest and Molten Tigrex pants might be an option.

Uniqlo Hood
any 3 slot chest piece
Uniqlo Watch
Uniqlo Pouch
Excello Greaves
with any 3 slot charm can be gemmed for:

Knockout King
Attack Up (M)
Evade Extender

Though there's even easier options if you've got some decent charms available.
also what exactly does Rock Steady do? It's just windproof(lo) and earplugs right? Are there any other effects?
It's low grade earplugs, low grade wind resistance and it also lets you get back up faster when hit.

tariniel

Man, trying to figure out armor sets is a fucking headache.

I am trying to build a set with Knockout King and either Attack Up or Evade Distance. Where do I begin in HR?

Plugged this into Athena's and got this (sorted by max defense, using any 3 slot charm). It gives Knockout King, evade extend, attack up M. It's a very useful tool to have if you have windows, google Athena's Armor Set Search.

Rathalos Helm S
Silver Solmail (or anything with 3 slots)
Uniqlo Watch
Uniqlo Pouch
Mono Greaves S
-----------------
OOO
-----------------
1x Attack Jewel 3
3x KO Jewel 2
1x KO Jewel 1
4x Jumping Jewel 1
1x Attack Jewel 1
-----------------
283-622 Def, -1 Fir, -3 Wat, 4 Ice, -9 Thn, 2 Drg

jorgejjvr

I have a Grank Silver Rath!

Do you have a G rank Golden Rathian too?

And a white Fatalis?

And a G rank Black Fatalis?

And everything else we don't have?

Don't misunderstand, I don't mind if you have those things, in fact I could really use them, but am I correct in assuming you got those quests illegitimately? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

-Alternis

I want craftsman specs but to get it i'm a bit confused. Do I need just to have an A rank on the Jho and Tigrex quests with any weapon or do I need to use all the weapons?

tuffy

I want craftsman specs but to get it i'm a bit confused. Do I need just to have an A rank on the Jho and Tigrex quests with any weapon or do I need to use all the weapons?
It's just A rank on Jho and triple Tigrex for the specs. You only need to clear all the arenas with all weapons with at least one A rank for the two earrings.

I'm at 10 star town quest but I haven't played online ...

Can I still get the DLC stuff without beefing up my HR or is it triggered by HR?

brau

I'm at 10 star town quest but I haven't played online ...

Can I still get the DLC stuff without beefing up my HR or is it triggered by HR?

I don't think the dlc impacts anything. just extra quests and items and what not. All separate from your main set of quests. They should show as npc, event quests and such. Someone correct me if i am wrong tho.

jorgejjvr

Oh man, I would love if I could use you to get the stuff I need. Do you have time today or tonight to help me out?

I saw the list. Some of those... Ugh. I'm excited to try chameleos. I've never fought him before.

There are still MANY things you haven't fought. It'll get even worse in G4 (G Crown/G special) where you're introduced to the hardest of the hardest and apex monsters.

-Alternis

Edit: Good luck with the G3 urgent since it seems so many people find it tedious.

Unicorn

There are still MANY things you haven't fought. It'll get even worse in G4 (G Crown/G special) where you're introduced to the hardest of the hardest and apex monsters.

-Alternis

Edit: Good luck with the G3 urgent since it seems so many people find it tedious.
Gog?

I don't think the dlc impacts anything. just extra quests and items and what not. All separate from your main set of quests. They should show as npc, event quests and such. Someone correct me if i am wrong tho.

Oh? I dled the LoZ dlc but I don't see it in my guild events stuff.

I feel like it's because I'm still HR 1 ...
I don't do online here because the wifi for my 3DS sucks unless I'm in the lobby.

jorgejjvr

Alright! Fully maxed out my Star Knight. I'm down for anything. Does anyone need assistance of any kind (regardless of rank)?

-Alternis

Renoir

I'm trying to solo akantor for the cowardly cat. And man this is anoying I can't tell if I'm even doing damage to him. I'm rocking a mix garuga s suit. I have earplugs He, razor sharp and part breaker. I have a long sword daito bane for poison.
I know to stay by his back legs but the roar for some reason even reach his back. The tail sweep gets me even if I superman dive. He doesn't want to die even after I ate feline weakener. There is no video strat for him? Tips?
Thank you

I'm trying to solo akantor for the cowardly cat. And man this is anoying I can't tell if I'm even doing damage to him. I'm rocking a mix garuga s suit. I have earplugs He, razor sharp and part breaker. I have a long sword daito bane for poison.
I know to stay by his back legs but the roar for some reason even reach his back. The tail sweep gets me even if I superman dive. He doesn't want to die even after I ate feline weakener. There is no video strat for him? Tips?
Thank you

I remember staying behind his back leg in Freedom Unite, but I've read that they added a new move for him that lets him turn around and attack whoever's behind him. That's something to watch out for.

The roar encases his entire body. The only way to avoid that is to move away from him or maybe superman dive. It's also recommended that you bring defense seeds because his defense down can knock your defense down to 30% or something along those lines. He will kill you in one hit in that state, so don't engage him under any circumstances if you have defense down.

cheesekao

Thank you
Dive towards the tail sweep.
Eat for defender hi.
Don't stay under his belly for too long.
Don't use poison weapons. Use the element it's weak to.
Flash bomb whenever he tries to do the wind tunnel.
Join the gunlance master race and slowly but surely turtle to victory.
Alternatively, get a g rank set and wreck it.

Dive towards the tail sweep.
Eat for defender hi.
Don't stay under his belly for too long.
Don't use poison weapons. Use the element it's weak to.
Flash bomb whenever he tries to do the wind tunnel.
Join the gunlance master race and slowly but surely turtle to victory.
Alternatively, get a g rank set and wreck it.

Weak to thunder, dragon, and to a lesser extent, blast.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just wait until you're endgame if you plan to solo. The Ukanlos afterwards almost took me to time even then as a LS.

Top Bottom