• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Renoir

I got him to limp with you guys tips. Eating defender hi. And ditching poison. But the he started doing new Shit. Wind tunnel x2. Pin attack. Fok man.

Kssio_Aug

How does the online feature works? Kind like the Souls series, in the sense that someone random can just join your game and help you out, then leave?

Yrael

Fought Gog for the first time last night (wasn't my urgent, I was helping someone else). Sheesh, it really caught me by surprise a couple of times...it seemed as though it was simply being a damage sponge and not really doing much damage to me, but just as I was feeling confident, I accidentally stepped into a tar patch just as it launched a fireball - instadeath from full health. Eep. The entire battle was such a slog - it took 42 minutes for Gog to finally shuffle off the mortal coil, no kidding.

I'm going to be better prepared next time. Maybe I should upgrade the Wyceum fully.

tuffy

How does the online feature works? Kind like the Souls series, in the sense that someone random can just join your game and help you out, then leave?
Quests are shared by everybody who participates, and everybody gets their own carves and rewards. Except for the urgent quests that mark tier boundaries, completing it counts for everybody also. So there isn't really a separation between who's doing the helping and who's being helped out; everyone's in it together.

Unicorn

Just had a boss moment.

I tried catching shrouded Nerscylla, but drank a pot on accident. Got one tranq before it got out. Another person put a trap down. I see her getting ready to Web zip tackle me. I throw a tranq on the ground in the middle of the trap and she zips to get got. It was pretty satisfying.

Kssio_Aug

Quests are shared by everybody who participates, and everybody gets their own carves and rewards. Except for the urgent quests that mark tier boundaries, completing it counts for everybody also. So there isn't really a separation between who's doing the helping and who's being helped out; everyone's in it together.
I see, but it's possible and easy to join or be joined by others players then? And there's some kind of level restriction to join co-op?

It's super structured. Ever play phantasy star online?
Unfortunately no! =(

tuffy

I see, but it's possible and easy to join or be joined by others players then? And there's some kind of level restriction to join co-op?
It's quite easy; just hop in the same room with somebody, take the same quest together, and you're all set. We post room ID numbers in this thread sometimes so that we can search for that number and join in for whatever.

The only restriction is that people can't take quests at a higher rank than they are. High rank or G rank hunters can join in on low rank quests, but low rank hunters can't join in on high rank or G rank quests (which wouldn't be a good idea anyway).

Kssio_Aug

It's lobby based

It's quite easy; just hop in the same room with somebody, take the same quest together, and you're all set. We post room ID numbers in this thread sometimes so that we can search for that number and join in for whatever.

The only restriction is that people can't take quests at a higher rank than they are. High rank or G rank hunters can join in on low rank quests, but low rank hunters can't join in on high rank or G rank quests (which wouldn't be a good idea anyway).

Ok! I think I got it! Thanks a lot, it seems pretty great! :)

Built my Chameleos set.

HG Earplugs, Status Atk 2, Windproof Hi, Sharpness +1, Constitution +1, Status Crit.

It's tearing things up when I use the DB or with my new Chernobog's Scythe. I really like being able to keep on a monster's weak point without needing to stop, but I do have to be wary of not having any evade bonuses like on most of my builds.

Shengar

You've got to remember that CritStatus won't work if you're weapon don't have positive affinity. I don't if it can backfire on your negative affinity weapon though.

PrankT

lol why the change of heart?
Some dude with a charge blade with only Defense L and Focus kept joining and filling a spot even after I kicked him. Wasn't going into a deviljo battle with him, though I'd still like to do it so I can make both jho apex.

Today I learned several things.

The group Crimson Fatalis quest is only GR, the only regular Fatalis quest is HR, and the only way to get the HR Crimson quest is to do those stupid egg missions.

Urgh. My quest for every charge blade is a long one.

Shengar

The group Crimson Fatalis quest is only GR, the only regular Fatalis quest is HR, and the only way to get the HR Crimson quest is to do those stupid egg missions.

1. Collect 3 steel egg
2. Make Loc Lac set
3. Eat for Felyne Supercat and Felyne Lander
4. Try to have Auto-Tracker skill
5. ????
6. Profit

You can always kill the frenzied Rath couple on the last LR egg mission and much easier to do that since they're just LR monster. Egg-straction the Reckoning though, feature both Tigrex and Brute Tigrex. I don't know if they are HR or G Rank version, but fighting Tigrexes is a pain in the ass. Due to the map layout of Dune area, it'll be easier and much faster to carry the egg without killing them if you have the Loc Lac set.

Ultrabum

Pretty sure there is a high rank dlc online regular fatalis. It's in a fort.

tuffy

You can always kill the frenzied Rath couple on the last LR egg mission and much easier to do that since they're just LR monster. Egg-straction the Reckoning though, feature both Tigrex and Brute Tigrex. I don't know if they are HR or G Rank version, but fighting Tigrexes is a pain in the ass. Due to the map layout of Dune area, it'll be easier and much faster to carry the egg without killing them if you have the Loc Lac set.
Those Tigrexes are just high rank, fortunately, though I think they are frenzied. I wound up just killing them both, chugging a Mega Dash Juice at the egg spot, and running all the way back to base with each one. But if one has 5 slots to spare, Pro Transporter is cheap to gem in; I wound up converting my Capture Guru sets to a transporter one later on to handle the similar Sootstone quests.

Wolfe

ID 02-3451-4590-7360
G3 taking turns. still trying to get more rusted kushala pieces.

Sorry I left before you got out of that quest but I got annoyed at the other dudes that joined.

First the 2nd guy to join after me puts up a quest and the 1st guy to join after me readies up. They're waiting but I haven't picked up the quest cause who cares about guy joining and posting a quest right away when it's someone elses room. Guy 1 says "we can do it with 2" and they then leave while you're still on your quest and I'm still just standing there...

I just don't get that kind of shit, go make your own room. Seems rather selfish to go on a quest in someone elses lobby and block space for people that will actually contribute.

/rant

Back to the real topic, gear. Why did this stupid edgemaster 4 charm only come with 1 socket, totally kills everything I try to do with it. Of course the edge lore 4 charm I don't care about (yet) has 2 sockets :p

/Gcrownhunterproblems

Those Tigrexes are just high rank, fortunately, though I think they are frenzied. I wound up just killing them both, chugging a Mega Dash Juice at the egg spot, and running all the way back to base with each one. But if one has 5 slots to spare, Pro Transporter is cheap to gem in; I wound up converting my Capture Guru sets to a transporter one later on to handle the similar Sootstone quests.

I could easily gem it into my Star Knight set instead of using Divine Protection.

Shengar

They are? That make things easier then. But I personally prefer bloodless completion, I nice break from killing monsters.

brau

Sorry I left before you got out of that quest but I got annoyed at the other dudes that joined.

First the 2nd guy to join after me puts up a quest and the 1st guy to join after me readies up. They're waiting but I haven't picked up the quest cause who cares about guy joining and posting a quest right away when it's someone elses room. Guy 1 says "we can do it with 2" and they then leave while you're still on your quest and I'm still just standing there...

I just don't get that kind of shit, go make your own room. Seems rather selfish to go on a quest in someone elses lobby and block space for people that will actually contribute.

/rant

Back to the real topic, gear. Why did this stupid edgemaster 4 charm only come with 1 socket, totally kills everything I try to do with it. Of course the edge lore 4 charm I don't care about (yet) has 2 sockets :p

/Gcrownhunterproblems

lol. no biggie man. finding a good group to go after rust doara is a pain. I don't think some people read the topic in the room either.

EDIT:here we go again. trying to do rust.

41-6698-6651-7133

I forgot that I had the Grand Mizuha set, so free HG earplugs means the whole transporting thing is trivial as long as I navigate around the monsters right.

Pila

Thank you for the tips guys. Finally killed akantor. Feelsgood.Gif

Congratz! :)

Almost done with my P. Gyp g-rank-starter set, farmed a bit yesterday with a very cheerful and skilled guy. Those are the random rooms I love!

tuffy

It would appear that if I want to push the Uniqlo stuff to G level I'll be needing a ton of divine armor spheres.
I don't even think it's worth it. The gunner version's max defense for the whole set is supposedly 365, which is about 100 points lower than I'd be comfortable wearing to any G rank hunt. It's probably best left to high rank.

I don't even think it's worth it. The gunner version's max defense for the whole set is supposedly 365, which is about 100 points lower than I'd be comfortable wearing to any G rank hunt. It's probably best left to high rank.
If that's the case how come they don't save this stuff for G quests so people can have the option to be mad stylish or not right?

Wolfe

If that's the case how come they don't save this stuff for G quests so people can have the option to be mad stylish or not right?

That's why I always appreciate when they make HR and GR versions of DLC items/sets.

How [Hercules.gif] disappointed was I to find out the recent DLC CB only upgrades to a rare 6 or 7 :(

tuffy

I'd be happy if there wasn't such a big difference between high rank and G rank sets. In 3 Ultimate, a full suit of Rath Soul maxed out at 310 defense while a full suit of Rath Soul Z maxed out at 320, or about 3% less. In 4 Ultimate, those same suits max out at 400 defense vs. 460, or about 13% less. It's a big enough difference that I can't justify mixing in lower rank pieces anymore.

Shengar

I'd be happy if there wasn't such a big difference between high rank and G rank sets. In 3 Ultimate, a full suit of Rath Soul maxed out at 310 defense while a full suit of Rath Soul Z maxed out at 320, or about 3% less. In 4 Ultimate, those same suits max out at 400 defense vs. 460, or about 13% less. It's a big enough difference that I can't justify mixing in lower rank pieces anymore.

Well, guild quest and apex monsters happened.

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed when I was leveling up my armor to the 700's. And seeing people with 800+ as a blademaster and it's wow.

Shengar

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed when I was leveling up my armor to the 700's. And seeing people with 800+ as a blademaster and it's wow.

My Rath Soul Z have 715 defense, 750+ with my IGs since all of them are defense honed. Yet, G Rank monsters still hit like a truck. Perhaps 136+ GQ Chameleos poison breath will still one shot me.

Wolfe

So my last wycoon quest is the hr 8 akantor but I keep getting people too low, anyone want to help me knock this out? 41-4937-7289-4513 if so.

Top Bottom