• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

I didn't know apex rajang broke shock traps, wasted my one contribution to what will now be known as the great trapfest of 2015.
All apex monsters are immune to traps while in apex state; they'll just break them instead. Though as you may know, Rajang is very susceptible to pitfall traps while in golden rage mode once he's been knocked out of apex.

Rawk Hawk

Oh good to know, haven't tried trapping apex before, I believe rajang breaks shock at lv2 rage? So when I saw him go black I figured it was my best shot to use it, oh well. Live and learn, haha.

Do you guys ever feel like when you wear a certain monsters armor that you should be able to wipe the floor with em even if they still give ya a hard time?

Hey this is kinda dumb, but I never did the sootstone delivery quest for the drink upgrade. If there's anyone who's wiling to help, it would make it go much faster.

I'm getting a bunch of people joining and picking their own quest... That's getting real annoying real quick.

Thanks whoever Bearface is!

upandaway

Scored myself a nice Water Atk +13 Sheating +4 charm. This will definitely see a lot of use for my LBG.

Gonna have to farm a lot of Kechas now for the Precision Pusca

brau

gotta do rust one more time. After that i was hoping to just do more grank 3 quests, maybe wystones. up for anything.

join me

ID
34-5273-3640-4346

jorgejjvr

Would Wrothhide be worth making just for pure defense?

-Alternis

Also, how many defense points does defense up XL give you?

-Alternis

Shengar

Would Wrothhide be worth making just for pure defense?

-Alternis

Also, how many defense points does defense up XL give you?

-Alternis

I got this from reddit:

skill multiplier flat
Small 1x +15
Medium 1.03x +20
Large 1.05x +25
XL 1.08x +30

So unlike Attack skill that gives you only a fixed amount, Defense have 8% multiplier.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fought two Teostra last night before Splatoon. I ended up with 3 Lrg Elder Dragon Gems. One from a tear the first fight, another two from the body carve on the second.

The RNG gods will surely demand a blood sacrifice soon. And I need a Gravios Pallium right now. Gulp..

Shengar

Fought two Teostra last night before Splatoon. I ended up with 3 Lrg Elder Dragon Gems. One from a tear the first fight, another two from the body carve on the second.

The RNG gods will surely demand a blood sacrifice soon. And I need a Gravios Pallium right now. Gulp..

At least it's Gravios Pallium, not Black Gravios Pallium

jorgejjvr

I got this from reddit:

skill multiplier flat
Small 1x +15
Medium 1.03x +20
Large 1.05x +25
XL 1.08x +30

So unlike Attack skill that gives you only a fixed amount, Defense have 8% multiplier.

Thats crazy! I could end up with about 943-944 defense! So my question now is, should I stay with divine protection and speed sharpening with 846 defense (861 after eating) or should I go for defense up L or XL to get around over 900 defense (even more because glaive buffs)?

-Alternis

Edit: Also, what's better, Miraculous luck or carving God?

-Alternis

Shengar

Thats crazy! I could end up with about 943-944 defense! So my question now is, should I stay with divine protection and speed sharpening with 846 defense (861 after eating) or should I go for defense up L or XL to get around over 900 defense (even more because glaive buffs)?

-Alternis

Edit: Also, what's better, Miraculous luck or carving God?

-Alternis

I prefer Divine Protection since 100 extra defense against end game monster doesn't mean a bunch. Meanwhile Divine Protection reduced incoming damage by 30%, which is much bigger. Yes it's chance based but at least you could gem in another skill with the extra slot.

It depends on what you want: relic weapon and armor spheres? Miraculous Luck. Lashes, and carve materials? Carving God.

jorgejjvr

I prefer Divine Protection since 100 extra defense against end game monster doesn't mean a bunch. Meanwhile Divine Protection reduced incoming damage by 30%, which is much bigger. Yes it's chance based but at least you could gem in another skill with the extra slot.

It depends on what you want: relic weapon and armor spheres? Miraculous Luck. Lashes, and carve materials? Carving God.

What about capture God?

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Wait, what? Are you going to skill out the defense down it has?

Edit: Oh wow, I see. You're just going to use the chest piece. Whoops.

Bleh, actually I was referring to the full armor >.< I don't know why I call it wrothhide. Anyways, what if you gummed out the defense down?

-Alternis

Bleh, actually I was referring to the full armor >.< I don't know why I call it wrothhide. Anyways, what if you gummed out the defense down?

-Alternis

You have a -15 on defense (Defense Down M) with 4 gem slots total. You'd need to have a hell of a talisman to get it out.

So honing for defense, does that Divine blessing stack with the armor skill divine blessing, and therefore also stacks with Felyne Defender when you eat for it? Because if so, holy crap.

jorgejjvr

You have a -15 on defense (Defense Down M) with 4 gem slots total. You'd need to have a hell of a talisman to get it out.

So honing for defense, does that Divine blessing stack with the armor skill divine blessing, and therefore also stacks with Felyne Defender when you eat for it? Because if so, holy crap.

Yes they do. Divine blessing, Defender (Hi), and honing stack. SO MUCH LESS DAMAGE

-ALTERNIS

Doing runs for the Ghoulish Gold Gorer and i broke the horns faster using crit draw vs part breaker. How is that a thing I ask you?

brau

bah.. it disconnected me. i'll make a new room i guess.. unless someone already has one open.

and this is my rust set... tons of slots... what should i do with them?

iKtWQfy.jpg

Terrible picture quality haha

jorgejjvr

bah.. it disconnected me. i'll make a new room i guess.. unless someone already has one open.

Speed sharpening, divine protection, get rid of poison and you're good.

-Alternis

Well don't take it to a cham fight that's for sure :p
*edit: GDI TEOSTRA! Just need them horns but nope, he gives me damn manes.

brau

Thanks guys. I'll have to get some caravan tickets to get the 2 gem for the divine protection. Bah... alright... what we doing now? anyone need help?

Going through the caravan quests (right now at end of level 4 quests) doing a few guild quests here n there with no failure so far (yes I know caravan quests are easier).

Primarily just trying to unlock all the villager/merchant bonus upgrades before guilding.

Still maining long sword and getting a better hang on the new abilities/combos since MHFU

Prisoner

What reasoning do you have behind your statement? Would those skills be better than day speed sharpening or divine protection? (I use glaive)

-Alternis

As much as I like speed sharpening, it's hardly a "necessary" skill, especially since the Star Knight set has steady hand built in. I tend to only sharpen when the monster is moving to another area, even if I have purple sharpness still; that way I don't lose sharpness in the heat of battle. I often finish hunts without seeing my sharpness degrade once.

Bio researcher and tremor res are far more useful, depending on the monster. Evasion is just the best for everything (better than divine protection, in my opinion, because avoiding attacks altogether is preferable to being hit slighty less hard). With fully upgraded Star Knight armor, and a defense-honed glaive you should have more than enough defense for even the strongest monsters.

Did you guys check out the Splatoon Testfire?

I don't have a Wii U. :(

jorgejjvr

As much as I like speed sharpening, it's hardly a "necessary" skill, especially since the Star Knight set has steady hand built in. I tend to only sharpen when the monster is moving to another area, even if I have purple sharpness still; that way I don't lose sharpness in the heat of battle. I often finish hunts without seeing my sharpness degrade once.

Bio researcher and tremor res are far more useful, depending on the monster. Evasion is just the best for everything (better than divine protection, in my opinion, because avoiding attacks altogether is preferable to being hit slighty less hard). With fully upgraded Star Knight armor, and a defense-honed glaive you should have more than enough defense for even the strongest monsters.

I don't have a Wii U. :(

I'm guessing evasion is preferred over bio researcher and Tremor res?

-Alternis

Top Bottom