• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

upandaway

That's what I do. I've got a Leather S set or some other mix with a bunch of gathering-specific skills meant for runs when I'm looking for ores or bugs or whatever. I make a lot of use of saved armor sets for things like that.
Yep. Also a random set with Combo Pro whenever I need to combine something that can give multiples.

Beats

Needed HR Gore parts for an SnS, but one of them was a Nyctgem so I used up a Golden Ticket to get it. I figured that I probably wouldn't get one when I tried getting the rest of the parts, but then I ended up getting one anyway from the first carve.
: <

Beats

anyone up for G-Rank Shagaru Magala? I need a mantle to finish this upgrade line. :c

69-3552-2654-2950
Pass is 1234.

edit: 1 spot left.

edit 2: I got one, so we're doing whatever now.

poQi033.png
TEySnzd.png

SICK

Dude: *looks at my def* You are a noob, leave.
Me: Have some manners.
Dude: Come teach my dick some manners.
Me: Was that supposed to be offensive?
Dude: *email*

iQoHLmDLaVMun.jpg

Doing Gog with randoms has officially made me lose my mind. Though to be fair it was my fault for letting the guy stick around. On my GC it has the same dude carting twice or three times on almost every quest, usually on the 2nd phase.

I wish you could just switch over genders on characters like you can all the other customizable things. There are some armors that look way better on females.

Alright, fuck randoms trying to do G S.Magala.

63-8834-3822-0740

Riposte

I have the devil's luck. On my third try on LR S.Magala (going back for a half-hearted attempt to far for Charge Axe) I got two fucking plates (one carve, one reward).

Rawk Hawk

Shaggy room down? Just looking to do a few hunts, anyone need help? Want to try out LS... Incoming trips!

18-3095-4024-7780 pass2468 closed

Hop in and post whatever you want.

onionfrog

Anyone care to help me with the G3 quest: Into the Heavens (Stygian Zinogre and Chaos Gore)?

I need to unlock Caedeus parts trading at the Wycoon.

All done, thanks for the help!

Renoir

Ok so I got garuga s
Earplug hg
Partbreaker
Razor sharp
Critical+2

So Ur saying just do armor sphere? And learn Dodge?

Wolfe

http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/34h9ys/tetsucabra_armor_on_numbers_and_mediocrity/

Its 2 main skills are mediocre at best. Health +20 can be easily gotten with food and Defense Up does not reduce damage much. You're much better off getting armors with better skills and upgrading them with Armor Spheres.

Or like most people that craft it they're using it as a transitional armor to help them work towards some of the better armors.

Coming into the thread and saying "that sucks" without even telling why or giving any alternate suggestions is sorta rude and makes you come off as a bit of an elitist.

I just need 1 offender and I can once again have Miralis armor... the problem is that today all i've found is failure. For every 1 successful run i'll have one failure to go with it and always on the 2nd phase. I'm sure I said that earlier today but man, it's disheartening.

PrankT

I just need 1 offender and I can once again have Miralis armor... the problem is that today all i've found is failure. For every 1 successful run i'll have one failure to go with it and always on the 2nd phase. I'm sure I said that earlier today but man, it's disheartening.
I'll do a run.

How do I know if an area is designated "High Rank"? I'm looking for Rare Scarabs, for example, and I'm not sure which missions will yield that bug. Is there nothing 6* that would suffice even if the monster is considered High Rank?

Feebastic

How do I know if an area is designated "High Rank"? I'm looking for Rare Scarabs, for example, and I'm not sure which missions will yield that bug. Is there nothing 6* that would suffice even if the monster is considered High Rank?

An area is designated High Rank if it's a 4-7* quest. You might just be getting really unlucky. Check kiranico for locations and drop rates of rare scarabs to give yourself a better idea of where you should be looking.

spiritfox

Or like most people that craft it they're using it as a transitional armor to help them work towards some of the better armors.

Coming into the thread and saying "that sucks" without even telling why or giving any alternate suggestions is sorta rude and makes you come off as a bit of an elitist.

Admittedly my tone was too rough, I apologise for that.

Tetsu armor has its use. It has good defence and is easy to get. It works as a transitional armor, but not as an armor you need to get. Other options in that tier include Kut Ku and Velo, which have Attack Up, a much more useful skill. Or you can just upgrade your defenses and use that until you get a better set.

PKrockin

An area is designated High Rank if it's a 4-7* quest. You might just be getting really unlucky. Check kiranico for locations and drop rates of rare scarabs to give yourself a better idea of where you should be looking.
4-7 star gathering hall or 7-10 star caravan is HR.

Even Harvest Tour: Frozen Seaway counts? I just want to make sure before I repeatedly run this thing looking for Rare Scarabs and Novacrystals.

PKrockin

I thought that the Desert Seltas quests (which are unlocked by actually getting to G-Rank) and onwards are classified as G-Rank?
Those monsters are G-rank, yeah. I don't know if the ores and bug spots give HR or GR materials though. It seemed like he's only in Caravan 6 right now so I just spoke generally.

Renoir

Even Harvest Tour: Frozen Seaway counts? I just want to make sure before I repeatedly run this thing looking for Rare Scarabs and Novacrystals.

These rare mining/gathering spots are really all about luck. My luck was take Hr quest with a monster. No tours. Was looking for dragon relic was never there when I took the harvest tour. But I take a quest with Hr zamtrious I find the bones @ the spots Kiranico said it would be.

Top Bottom