• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Sorry about closing out the room. Something came up for a moment. Back to killin'!

13-7826-4492-5306

Edit: Any help, even one hunt, would be greatly appreciated. Randoms are abandoning as soon as one person faints...

Riposte

Man, I am reminded high/G people like to go into low/high rank rooms just to overpower whatever monsters that room is doing. This annoys the hell out of me and worse is probably that most people I meet aren't bothered by this, so I just have to quit. Whatever makes you grind easier I guess.

I do know the one GAF room I joined back in 3U did this. I was bummed because I went crazy and farmed a bunch of bnahabra wings (which is a pain in the ass lol) for a LR weapon to help in a such a situation, but I didn't really get to show off because the guy I was helping was cool with people just bulldozing the monster with gear far above what's expected.

spiritfox

Man, I am reminded high/G people like to go into low/high rank rooms just to overpower whatever monsters that room is doing. This annoys the hell out of me and worse is probably that most people I meet aren't bothered by this, so I just have to quit. Whatever makes you grind easier I guess.

I do know the one GAF room I joined back in 3U did this. I was bummed because I went crazy and farmed a bunch of bnahabra wings (which is a pain in the ass lol) for a LR weapon to help in a such a situation, but I didn't really get to show off because the guy I was helping was cool with people just bulldozing the monster with gear far above what's expected.

Eh, if I'm farming a monster anything that makes it faster I welcome.

Beats

Eh, if I'm farming a monster anything that makes it faster I welcome.

Well it can be frustrating if you want to get the monster parts or just feel like fighting a particular monster, but at the same time not want the fight to be trivialized because of gear that's way above what people normally have at that level. I can see how that would make the game less fun for some.

spiritfox

Well it can be frustrating if you want to get the monster parts or just feel like fighting a particular monster, but at the same time not want the fight to be trivialized because of gear that's way above what people normally have at that level. I can see how that would make the game less fun for some.

Of course, I'm mostly talking about taking on the same godamn Rathalos the thousandth time just because the game is stingy with Rubies. Then again, with randoms sometimes the fight isn't trival at all.

Tom_Cody

I have zero complaints about this.

I've alway been further ahead in the single players than the multiplayer, so I have (virtually) always experienced the monsters solo before venturing online. If a G3 wants to stop in, I'm happy to have the fight sped up. I've already gained the satisfaction from soloing the monster, so what's the downside?

Also, while coming up through high rank, I have played with a surprising number of useless G rank players. Like, shockingly bad.

As a bow user, my gameplay is mostly unaffected by the presence of other players anyway. I'm just doing my thing and they're doing their thing.

I am infinitely more annoyed by useless IG users who simply attempt and fail mounts over and over again and players who are under-armored and cart repeatedly.

krossj

I was in a high rank Teostra room yesterday to get some horn+. Most might just need specific materials from that rank instead of joining to intentionally overpower the monster.

You could start a room of your own and just kick anyone over a certain rank.

Rawk Hawk

Curious what the HBG community does in groups online. I'm going to make a pierce armor set next and then start crafting up a HBG to try it out. The Gravios one seems popular for sieging, but how often in hunt do you get the opportunity to do that? Do you guys find it's better in groups of 4 with trips and mounts over say the Destiny's Arm which appears to be the better non-siege option? Seems like in the end you want both, but just curious what you all do when paired up with some blademaster hunters online. (Probably should have paid more attention to what Tuffy brings to our hunts, haha)

Also I'm in the market for a Kushala GQ, have a good armor set for Kushala which should make farming spheres and what not easier with that one. I don't really have a preference for weapon type or armor series, although if you have one for the chest I would prefer that. Just so I can torso up something if I get a good gem. Haven't done much GQ'ing, time to start leveling them up for some real fun!

tuffy

Curious what the HBG community does in groups online. I'm going to make a pierce armor set next and then start crafting up a HBG to try it out. The Gravios one seems popular for sieging, but how often in hunt do you get the opportunity to do that? Do you guys find it's better in groups of 4 with trips and mounts over say the Destiny's Arm which appears to be the better non-siege option? Seems like in the end you want both, but just curious what you all do when paired up with some blademaster hunters online. (Probably should have paid more attention to what Tuffy brings to our hunts, haha)
The problem with the Gravios gun is that its pierce clip sizes are small and its reload speed is just glacially slow. It's faster to roll in and out of siege fire than to reload it normally! It doesn't have a pierce 1 clip either which makes it less useful on smaller targets. Though a room full of blademaster guys will down the monster a lot, I don't want to waste a lot of time reloading the rest of the hunt. So I've been reserving it for big punching bags like Dalamadur and using the Destiny's Arm by default.

But if I'm up against something where I'll be doing a lot of dodging, like against Shagaru Magala, I switch over to the Furia Sedition and use a set with Recoil Down +2. The Destiny's Arm and Furia Sedition actually have almost identical attack power when affinity's factored in, but the Sedition's reload-on-roll feature makes it a lot safer in situations where I don't want to take a surprise energy geyser in the pants mid-reload.

Rawk Hawk

The problem with the Gravios gun is that its pierce clip sizes are small and its reload speed is just glacially slow. It's faster to roll in and out of siege fire than to reload it normally! It doesn't have a pierce 1 clip either which makes it less useful on smaller targets. Though a room full of blademaster guys will down the monster a lot, I don't want to waste a lot of time reloading the rest of the hunt. So I've been reserving it for big punching bags like Dalamadur and using the Destiny's Arm by default.

But if I'm up against something where I'll be doing a lot of dodging, like against Shagaru Magala, I switch over to the Furia Sedition and use a set with Recoil Down +2. The Destiny's Arm and Furia Sedition actually have almost identical attack power when affinity's factored in, but the Sedition's reload-on-roll feature makes it a lot safer in situations where I don't want to take a surprise energy geyser in the pants mid-reload.

Hmm. What to do with this? There is always the simple, "agree to disagree".. but a slow pitch down the middle like that almost begs for a bigger swing.

Anyway, I still haven't faced fatalis online, so maybe I'll start with that gun just so I have a chance to farm a new monster. Thanks as always!

spiritfox

Is the Steve HBG a good standard-use HBG? Because man the Griscannon and the Gravios guns look like ass.

Shengar

Getting your ass blasted by Michael Bay random explosion in middle of reload after you just avoid one is simply the most infuriating thing ever. Up there, really close to Yian Garuga instant transform to moving hitbox.
Is the Steve HBG a good standard-use HBG? Because man the Griscannon and the Gravios guns look like ass.

Grisscannon looks kinda cool, in an eerie way.

tuffy

Hmm. What to do with this? There is always the simple, "agree to disagree".. but a slow pitch down the middle like that almost begs for a bigger swing.

Anyway, I still haven't faced fatalis online, so maybe I'll start with that gun just so I have a chance to farm a new monster. Thanks as always!
I did sorta leave myself open there, didn't I.

But anyway, the Fatalis Flameshells and Flamehorns seem really common and he's got about 9 body carves, so you'll probably wind up with enough of them after a couple of hunts. Getting the Conquest Sphere from Akantor is liable to take longer.
I think it is, yeah. Steve's has about 4% less attack power than the Griscannon which isn't bad at all. Plus, its normal 2 clip turns into 7 shots with the limiter removed which is decent. Its reload-on-roll make the small pierce 3 and normal 3 clips less of a concern also. The main downside is using it as a pierce gun takes Recoil Down +2 instead of +1 which means fitting in another 5 skill points somewhere.

I also appreciate that its design isn't just another miniature monster head that shoots bullets from its mouth, which the Fatalis guns also share.

Any advice for an end-game GS user? Rawkhawk showed me that Bai-Bai Kaiser and Uka-Uka armors are great, but I've still yet to get a talisman that would offer some sort of earplugs as monster roars ruin my charges. =(

Edit: I should state that I am wearing the Diablos X set in full.

upandaway

Earplugs for GS is definitely nice but GS has honestly so many more useful skills that take priority over it. There's enough to make sure you'll never be able to fit all great GS skills into one armor set, so might as well focus on those, especially if you can use disposable earplugs once in a while.

Shengar

Any advice for an end-game GS user? Rawkhawk showed me that Bai-Bai Kaiser and Uka-Uka armors are great, but I've still yet to get a talisman that would offer some sort of earplugs as monster roars ruin my charges. =(

Full Lagiacrus X set with Defied Grissblade.
Also like what panda said (the poster above me), Earplug is just luxury. You could always buy disposable earplugs if that feels necessary. Sharpness+1 is much more important and if you have good charm (like Handicraft 5+ with slots at the very least), that's easily attainable with Lagiacrus X set.

Full Lagiacrus X set with Defied Grissblade.
Also like what panda said (the poster above me), Earplug is just luxury. You could always buy disposable earplugs if that feels necessary. Sharpness+1 is much more important and if you have good charm (like Handicraft 5+ with slots at the very least), that's easily attainable with Lagiacrus X set.

Can vouch for this build. Fantastic fun, built in Divine Blessing is great as well.

tariniel

Does anyone else just... not really like the idea of 126+ guild quest grinding?

I got to G bronze crown and have been enjoying finishing off some of my weapon upgrades. The idea that I would grind the same quest hundred of times for a random drop that could invalidate all of my work upgrading weapons doesn't sit well with me.

I think I might just end up quitting before long because I have no motivation to do gquests.

tuffy

It's not something I'm interested in, that's for sure. It helps that even the best relic bowguns are supposedly not as good as those one can craft. But leveling up guild quests to find relics and Divine Spheres just to make it easier to do more guild quests feels like a needless grind put in to give people something to do at the endgame once all the regular quest progression's been exhausted.

shuusin

Neo Member

I got to G bronze crown and have been enjoying finishing off some of my weapon upgrades. The idea that I would grind the same quest hundred of times for a random drop that could invalidate all of my work upgrading weapons doesn't sit well with me.

I think I might just end up quitting before long because I have no motivation to do gquests.

I'm in the exact same boat as you, trying to find Guild Quests or people to level your own up with has been an absolutely awful experience. Some people are just douchebags with requirements, or not sharing quests, while others are just bad. I know I'm not capped out gear-wise but I feel like it, and I definitely don't look forward to having to farm multiple sets of GQs to get other weapons.

Shengar

I don't like GQ grinding either. Not because the weapon, but fighting the same monster over and over again in such bland, boring environment kill the enjoyment of the game really fast, especially when you only play with randoms which pretty much forces you to play it safe.

Leezard

Grinding GQs is not very good, no. I ran a couple of GQs and got lucky as I got a near-perfect GS early (perfect in everything except that the element might be able to be awakened already?), so I have no motivation to grind for other weapons.

Shengar

It's not something I'm interested in, that's for sure. It helps that even the best relic bowguns are supposedly not as good as those one can craft. But leveling up guild quests to find relics and Divine Spheres just to make it easier to do more guild quests feels like a needless grind put in to give people something to do at the endgame once all the regular quest progression's been exhausted.

I think the RNG involved with relic bowgun is too big for gunner to actually care about them.

shuusin

Neo Member

My G-Rank GS progression went from Lagiacrus to Diablos to Bai-Bai to Uka-Uka to an HG Earplugs set I'm using now: Selene/Garuga/Garuga/Kushala/Kushala which gives 13 sockets to fit focus/crit draw/sharpness+1.

Personally, I've found sheath control/quick sheathe to be low on the skill priority, and I like HG Earplugs a lot.

All I care about with Guild Quests are the Divine Spheres and the occasional unobtainable rank of a monster (G-rank Yian Kut-Ku for example). I'm not really into playing those quests any higher since you don't really gain anything in materials for doing so. I just like the spheres for extra defense on some of my armor.

tuffy

I think the RNG involved with relic bowgun is too big for gunner to actually care about them.
That's a very good point. Given randomly assigned clip sizes, randomly assigned recoil, randomly assigned reload speed and randomly assigned attack power, the odds of coming up with some sort of relic Eclipse Gambit must be astronomically small.

tm24

Bowguns seemingly are the most worthless of the relic weapons if the tables i saw were right.
My G-Rank GS progression went from Lagiacrus to Diablos to Bai-Bai to Uka-Uka to an HG Earplugs set I'm using now: Selene/Garuga/Garuga/Kushala/Kushala which gives 13 sockets to fit focus/crit draw/sharpness+1.

Personally, I've found sheath control/quick sheathe to be low on the skill priority, and I like HG Earplugs a lot.
Wow, that set sounds nice. So you get HGE/focus/critdraw/Sharpness and do you still have more slots?

shuusin

Neo Member
Bowguns seemingly are the most worthless of the relic weapons if the tables i saw were right.

Wow, that set sounds nice. So you get HGE/focus/critdraw/Sharpness and do you still have more slots?

Not sure exactly how many extra slots I have, but I know that I didn't have to get the most efficient versions of gems to fill out, or use my weapon slots.

edit: The Garuga gloves could easily be replaced by some Rank 10's, but I couldn't get the Earth Dragonsphire from Moh'ran and gave up. I think you could use Mizuha (Cham) as well, depends on your charm.

That's why I'll only play with friends or do solo G-rank searches for new Poogie costumes. Met some really cool GAF hunters and looking forward to more hunts.

Top Bottom