• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ukanlos hitbox is some kind of crazy bullshit.

Kush is the one that gets me. I can run within an inch of Ukanlos charging at me, dodge out of his belly flop no problem, but Kush's air dash, among other moves, always seems to hit me. Even when it appears I am literally metres away from it. I speak on this mostly as a LBG user fighting both these monsters.

brau

We just couldn't get past Ukanlos hahaha. But it was good hunting. I'll setup a new room in a min.

It was a good group of people. That gunner was pretty awesome. :)

tuffy

Hey Tuffy, what's your armor that you use with the Griscannon?
I've mostly settled on:

Brachydium Helm
Brachydium Vest
Gogma Guards
Brachydios Coat X
Brachydios Coat X
Normal Up +5, 3 slots

which I've gemmed for:

Challenger +2
Adrenaline +1
Evade Extender
Normal Up
Trajectory

The Adrenaline +1 was a free skill, but the rest seems to offer a nice mix of offense and utility. By coloring the Brachydium parts blue and the Brachydios parts green, it doesn't even look much like a mixed set at first glance.

brau

So Im an idiot and traded in some Azure Rathalos part for I. Lagia parts too soon and need more parts to complete my armor.

If you need help, let me know. i still got some time to spare to help out.

I've mostly settled on:

Brachydium Helm
Brachydium Vest
Gogma Guards
Brachydios Coat X
Brachydios Coat X
Normal Up +5, 3 slots

which I've gemmed for:

Challenger +2
Adrenaline +1
Evade Extender
Normal Up
Trajectory

The Adrenaline +1 was a free skill, but the rest seems to offer a nice mix of offense and utility. By coloring the Brachydium parts blue and the Brachydios parts green, it doesn't even look much like a mixed set at first glance.

THis setup was pretty badass. You were dominating monsters, would not let some of them fly out haha.

tuffy

THis setup was pretty badass. You were dominating monsters, would not let some of them fly out haha.
When I downed a fleeing Kut-Ku 4 times in a row, that's when I decided I liked Trajectory and would keep it around.

And now that I've taken care of some errands I should be free to lend a hand with hunting things also.

brau

When I downed a fleeing Kut-Ku 4 times in a row, that's when I decided I liked Trajectory and would keep it around.

And now that I've taken care of some errands I should be free to lend a hand with hunting things also.

join.

23-8156-8871-0612

was showing off how cool your setup is. come and show it off here.
:p

Rawk Hawk

Going to try and finish off G3 tonight with Keoni, Teostra, Kushala and Gog on the menu. Anyone feel free to hop in, we can really do anything!

70-2185-1538-1370 pass 2468

Whats the online community of this game like in numbers?

US/EU still cross-play yeah?

I will assume roughly 1000-1500 players online daily? (at one time)

I've mostly settled on:

Brachydium Helm
Brachydium Vest
Gogma Guards
Brachydios Coat X
Brachydios Coat X
Normal Up +5, 3 slots

which I've gemmed for:

Challenger +2
Adrenaline +1
Evade Extender
Normal Up
Trajectory

Going to steal this once I finally get that Dire Blastheart to finish it off. I've enjoyed my LBG time and I'd like to try out the HBG. Need to figure out that talisman though.

Also, of course, this requires the Brachydium helm, which means I need 2 immortal reactors now.

onionfrog

The desire sensor is crazy sometimes...
I just got two Ukanlos stones from my first time fighting G-Rank Ukanlos!
Whenever I don't even want certain materials I end up getting all the rare drops

Edit: Just got two Tigrex mantles in quest rewards...
I guess I'm making some Tigrex gear eventually.

Wow, thanks to Rawkhawk and Arc for helping me with Gogmazios! That was an awesome fight!

Also to the other person's name I forgot that helped with Kushala and Teostra!

Rawk Hawk

Wow, thanks to Rawkhawk and Arc for helping me with Gogmazios! That was an awesome fight!

Also to the other person's name I forgot that helped with Kushala and Teostra!

Only the three of us on Kushala and Teostra, even though they went down like we had four. It was my devilish good looks.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok so here's my list of G sets.

Nerscylla Z(almost complete)
Zinogre X
RathSoul Z
Tetsucabra X

I plan on making Arc X and my collection should be finished.
Just need to farm for a lot for heavy armor spheres.

deim0s

Gunlance have nothing against one bomber palico, nothing.

Hah! so true.

Forgot to change my Palico settings on a Rajang hunt. When I lined up a kill burst with the CB then boom! I go flying just to be vaporized a sec later, ruining a supposedly clean run.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If only they made an Isabelle Palico figure too...
wHmfiNM.jpg

and others:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/13078577.html

jorgejjvr

Does anyone know what's in store for next month's DLC? Hopefully the quests are actually difficult this time. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get savage Jho, the rare raths, or Fatalis!

-Alternis

Leezard

Does anyone know what's in store for next month's DLC? Hopefully the quests are actually difficult this time. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get savage Jho, the rare raths, or Fatalis!

-Alternis
I think we might get the Dante palico armor.

I mostly want the GX Hunter quest, that armor is all I need for making an even better GS set.

so what would be the "best" gear for a CB user? I made the gogma one, because it boosts elemental and non elemental CBs but I wonder what other people are using.

so what would be the "best" gear for a CB user? I made the gogma one, because it boosts elemental and non elemental CBs but I wonder what other people are using.

Dokudodo set has paid dividends for me. With the right gems and charm, you get Challenger+2, Honed Blade, Razor Sharp, and Element attack up. That's Rebellion Helm Z, Grand Divine Ire Robe, Kujula Grip, Grand Divine Ire Obi, and Grand Divine Ire Feet.

Dokudodo set has paid dividends for me. With the right gems and charm, you get Challenger+2, Honed Blade, Razor Sharp, and Element attack up. That's Rebellion Helm Z, Grand Divine Ire Robe, Kujula Grip, Grand Divine Ire Obi, and Grand Divine Ire Feet.

Thanks, I will investigate this. Seems indeed interesting...

Tom_Cody

I'm getting kind of burned out on playing with randoms.

I'm busy with work/MBA/GF so I only get in a few 60-90 minute sessions per week. It becomes a huge drag when people triple cart (sometimes the same person all three times) or, worse, take 10-15 minute pauses between hunts for no foreseeable reason. Ugh.

Tarps

I'm busy with work/MBA/GF so I only get in a few 60-90 minute sessions per week. It becomes a huge drag when people triple cart (sometimes the same person all three times) or, worse, take 10-15 minute pauses between hunts for no foreseeable reason. Ugh.

I know what you mean, tbh get a bit fussy / bossy pre-quest, and will kick people I don't think can manage, or insist they eat for defence. I know it sounds awful, but sometimes you just don't want to be doing all the carrying,

I find it really odd how people will just immediately quit after one cart. It's not like it'll drag the score down by a thousand points.

brau

I find it really odd how people will just immediately quit after one cart. It's not like it'll drag the score down by a thousand points.

This is the biggest pet peeve. I don't really mind people carting, or us failing the quest. But when people leave because of one cart.. its really annoying.

Apart from that... i have found most people from GAF tend to be pretty good players (at least the ones i have been playing with). Also i never struggle to find people to play with.

This is the biggest pet peeve. I don't really mind people carting, or us failing the quest. But when people leave because of one cart.. its really annoying.

Apart from that... i have found most people from GAF tend to be pretty good players (at least the ones i have been playing with). Also i never struggle to find people to play with.

Gaf is the A-team of Mh4.
You can't kill a monster? Call Gaf!

Rawk Hawk

Yea, the thing with GAF members I think is we don't mind sacrificing our own damage out put for better team output. Sheathing to life powder or dust of life, taking an extra second to not all run to the same spot on a toppled monsters so we all trip each other. With randoms I feel like people are more greedy and basically just want to be able to tell themselves "Well, it wasn't me" even if only to themselves as they log off.

And now, MH Random Psychology Hour:
The one thing I have noticed though, life powders seem contagious. I feel like if I use one in a fight, it reminds those randoms and they will be more mindful of it in the future. So, a lot of times I life powder minimal damage towards the beginning of a hunt to set the tone of a team battle. Any one else get that feeling with randoms online? Maybe I'm just convincing myself I'm doing something when in reality I'm not, haha.

spiritfox

Yea, the thing with GAF members I think is we don't mind sacrificing our own damage out put for better team output. Sheathing to life powder or dust of life, taking an extra second to not all run to the same spot on a toppled monsters so we all trip each other. With randoms I feel like people are more greedy and basically just want to be able to tell themselves "Well, it wasn't me" even if only to themselves as they log off.

The one thing I have noticed though, life powders seem contagious. I feel like if I use one in a fight, it reminds those randoms and they will be more mindful of it in the future. So, a lot of times I life powder minimal damage towards the beginning of a hunt to set the tone of a team battle. Any one else get that feeling with randoms online? Maybe I'm just convincing myself I'm doing something when in reality I'm not, haha.

I do sometimes forget I have Lifepowder until someone carts. Maybe I should start doing that too.

brau

It depends on their rank. I feel people with G Rank special seem to be more mindful of life powders and help out. I try to pay attention to other peoples health as the fight goes. But i guess you do make a good point. Helping them out will set a good example that they can follow.

eschiver

It depends on their rank. I feel people with G Rank special seem to be more mindful of life powders and help out. I try to pay attention to other peoples health as the fight goes. But i guess you do make a good point. Helping them out will set a good example that they can follow.

Lifepowder is great for saving randoms from carting. Used it last night.

I noticed in high rank, randoms tend to not know skills require 10 points to activate usually. Also they don't seem to be aware that they need freelement for some weapons.... Tried to help them but they're just confused on what I am saying lol.

Top Bottom