• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Prisoner

Finally made the Lagiacrus X set (Awaken, Weakness Exploit, Focus, Divine Blessing).

Managed to gem in Sharpness +1 and Speed Sharpening, and gem out Status Atk Down without using weapon slots (Handicraft +7, 2 slot charm).

It's pretty great.

PrankT

Hone and collect divine spheres are my favorite things to do at this point. New weapons are fun, but I always gravitate back to horn, hammer, and great sword...and switch axe to a lesser extent.

Made it to G-Rank! My Double Gore set isn't cutting it, though.

Any armor recommendations for an early G Hammer user? I saw a Brachydios set floating around that looked interesting.

Made it to G-Rank! My Double Gore set isn't cutting it, though.

Any armor recommendations for an early G Hammer user? I saw a Brachydios set floating around that looked interesting.

Testsu X always a good intro, Regios X, if you can swing it this is an HR armor that should be pretty decent starting out, but it does require a pretty good charm that you might not have yet.

Torso Up Helm (LR-HR), Rebellion Armor (1x Fast Sharpen Jewel [1]), Torso Up Arm (LR-HR), Nargacuga Faulds (1x Fast Sharpen [1], 1x Evasion Jewel [2]), Torso Up Greaves (LR-HR).

Charm Evasion +5/+1 (Zero up to OOO) (1x Evasion [2], 1x Evasion[1]), basically you want Evasion +5 in total on the charm. Gives you Honed Blade[14] , Evade +1, Speed Sharpening.

Yrael

Grr, I want to make a new armour set, but it requires the Selene Helm X, which in turn, requires a Contrary Scale. I tried doing a few runs with randoms last night, but didn't have much success. Every time I managed to get Felyne Carver (Hi), the team triple carted.

People also kept trying to capture the monster instead of killing it - the moment it started to limp, "cap pls" and "I'll set a trap!" (even when they, too, were after the Contrary Scale). Like clockwork. I had to keep explaining that the Scale doesn't come from capture rewards and is usually found by carving or shiny drops. Gosh.

jorgejjvr

Grr, I want to make a new armour set, but it requires the Selene Helm X, which in turn, requires a Contrary Scale. I tried doing a few runs with randoms last night, but didn't have much success. Every time I managed to get Felyne Carver (Hi), the team triple carted.

People also kept trying to capture the monster instead of killing it - the moment it started to limp, "cap pls" and "I'll set a trap!" (even when they, too, were after the Contrary Scale). Like clockwork. I had to keep explaining that the Scale doesn't come from capture rewards and is usually found by carving or shiny drops. Gosh.

I've gotten the contrary scale from the quest rewards after a hunt (when it's not captured).

-Alternis

I had the same problem a while back, hard to convince people that it's only from carving since if they happen to get a scale in the rewards they think it's from capping.

I need that too. We should farm cgm some time.

OceanBlue

This is the first time I've ever had two people in a party blatantly sit there and watch the rest of us fight. One person was just wandering around doing who-knows-what, and the other was just sitting in high places and carting. The other person put in way more effort than the other two deserved. >_>

Also it sucks making mistakes as a gunner lol. You mess up once and it's 50/50 whether you die from it.

Wolfe

This is the first time I've ever had two people in a party blatantly sit there and watch the rest of us fight. One person was just wandering around doing who-knows-what, and the other was just sitting in high places and carting. The other person put in way more effort than the other two deserved. >_>

Also it sucks making mistakes as a gunner lol. You mess up once and it's 50/50 whether you die from it.

I had a dude in full G rank gear with no active skills join my GQ room earlier, I let him stay since I wanted the guy to turn out to be a badass player that is just good at the game. Turns out he was just a leecher and wanted to AFK while we killed, abandoned that one quick :(

Also had a string of successful hunts getting my GQ up to lvl 132 and then the group mostly disbanded and 2 new players joined. Ended up having a bad run and 3 different people carted. One of the new guys has chat presets ready that he busts out after we get back to the guild hall, something along the lines of calling the rest of us out for carting and that all we have to do is just "don't die..."

Booted his ass instantly (in the off chance it was someone here, sorry lol!), I mean I get frustrated too but shit happens, I don't need you bringing anyone else down with your condescending bullshit.

Anyone playing this with the circle pad pro?

I was until I got a n3DS. What's up?

I'm at a point in the game where if I miss the three carves, it's not such a big deal. It's great fun to just kick the leeches as they try to get their carves in.

Wolfe

I'm at a point in the game where if I miss the three carves, it's not such a big deal. It's great fun to just kick the leeches as they try to get their carves in.

Honestly I wanted to mess with the guy like that but being that it was a 130+ Cham GQ I didn't feel like spending 20 minutes killing it with 2 other people to get to that point lol.

Wolfe

I mean it's not super necessary given that water battles are no longer a thing but personally I couldn't play without it. I'm not into touch screen controls so I prefered having a physical control for the camera plus the trigger style buttons and added girth (for grip) help out as well.

Yrael

I'm playing with the n3DS - the second touchpad is well worth it for me. I found playing MH3U on the old 3DS a bit frustrating (I preferred to play it on the Wii U).

I've gotten the contrary scale from the quest rewards after a hunt (when it's not captured).

-Alternis

Yeah, I think the chance is something like 2% as a general quest reward (though like you said, not a capture reward). Though I see from looking at that page it's just slightly higher from doing the Wings of Woe quest instead...hmm, maybe I should do that? I've just deciphered the scroll for it.

I had the same problem a while back, hard to convince people that it's only from carving since if they happen to get a scale in the rewards they think it's from capping.

I wish we could freely chat in-hunt - I've had to make a custom shout-out saying "please kill, don't capture" and it's entirely due to chaotic gore magala. xD

I need that too. We should farm cgm some time.

Sounds good, I'm definitely up for that. I'll be on again later tonight (ie. 9-10 hours from now).

Testsu X always a good intro, Regios X, if you can swing it this is an HR armor that should be pretty decent starting out, but it does require a pretty good charm that you might not have yet.

Torso Up Helm (LR-HR), Rebellion Armor (1x Fast Sharpen Jewel [1]), Torso Up Arm (LR-HR), Nargacuga Faulds (1x Fast Sharpen [1], 1x Evasion Jewel [2]), Torso Up Greaves (LR-HR).

Charm Evasion +5/+1 (Zero up to OOO) (1x Evasion [2], 1x Evasion[1]), basically you want Evasion +5 in total on the charm. Gives you Honed Blade[14] , Evade +1, Speed Sharpening.

I'll probably have to do Tetsu X for now, as I just got fucked up bad by a tiger-striped Zamtrios. Yeesh!

Shengar

Ouch. Those bugs are annoying, almost like a konchu on call half the time.
The worst thing is I used Empress X set because I forgot it have awful negative dragon res. Bugs hit like a bulldozer thrown into my face and one shouldercheck left me with 1/3 of my HP.

The worst thing is I used Empress X set because I forgot it have awful negative dragon res. Bugs hit like a bulldozer thrown into my face and one shouldercheck left me with 1/3 of my HP.

You should be like me, run with full Gore X, gem and eat for dragon res, end up with +23 dragon :D

And speaking of dragon, I got my first piece of that relic set and I need it all!

Tarps

Finally made the Lagiacrus X set (Awaken, Weakness Exploit, Focus, Divine Blessing).

Managed to gem in Sharpness +1 and Speed Sharpening, and gem out Status Atk Down without using weapon slots (Handicraft +7, 2 slot charm).

It's pretty great.

I'm farming for Diablos X Armor right now, but that sounds pretty great, might have to add that to my shopping list!

Can anyone help me farm G-Rank Tetsucabras for a bit? My armor isn't suited to these quests at all, and I'm having a hard time finding randoms that'll pull their weight.

Room: 04 - 6171 - 8607 - 4489

So which elder dragon(s) do i have to suffer through to get parts of Dragon X?
edit: did some looking and I need GQ's with Teo, Shagaru, or Chameleos to get those parts. Guess I better get used to explosion and poison city.

Wolfe

The Fatalis relic armor?

Try this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/edit#gid=560953449

edit: did some looking and I need GQ's with Teo, Shagaru, or Chameleos to get those parts. Guess I better get used to explosion and poison city.

I don't mind Chameleos as I just toss on either Rebellion Z or Metroid armor for the status resist. Been kinda avoiding doing Teostra GQs lol.

I think somebody here had a Teostra GQ that had the head for Black Fatalis. But if anybody else has it i'll gladly gie you the quests for the 4 other parts to go with it :D

Top Bottom