• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Sorry for the double cart. Played bad that run getting killed right away.

First time against raging brachy. It is as scary as it sounds.

It's fine, I wasn't really feeling the fight either.

Raging isn't really that bad, but you have to learn to not be greedy. Every chop counts, but if you go too deep, you just get blown up. For what it's worth, Herb, you did fantastic for someone who hasn't fought him before. I saw you dodge out of the way of the slime explosion like a pro multiple times.

Are we talking about our Nuke Brachy runs? I remember once I was being all cocky with my Glaive and said "I CAN TOTALLY FLINCH HIM WHILE HE'S ABOUT TO DO THE GROUND EXPLOSIONS" ... lol nope. From full health to dead in an instant.

Are we talking about our Nuke Brachy runs? I remember once I was being all cocky with my Glaive and said "I CAN TOTALLY FLINCH HIM WHILE HE'S ABOUT TO DO THE GROUND EXPLOSIONS" ... lol nope. From full health to dead in an instant.

Did you know you can use the Glaive jump to bounce over his explosions if you're a real pro? I love that trick for getting out of the line attack when I can't dodge it.

First nuclear Brachy of the day and got two reactors xD

-Alternis

That was my first Raging Brachy ever, and I got 1!

Ha ha now I just need a couple of Brach Obliterators and Flashpoint Slime. I don't even have him yet, haven't unlocked his scroll. I can't wait to finally get the Lightbreak Twins. I've been using the Rare 9 forever now.

Yeah but did you know you can also use the Glaive to jump into the explosion? Cause that's what I did :D

cNe6K9u.jpg

jorgejjvr

What's up with each zone's "Secret" area? What does that even refer to?

You can get extremely rare stuff from then, maybe even some unique items. Usually you're guaranteed to get it if you eat for felyne Explorer. You can only spawn in it (it's usually on a high cliff, so falling off means you won't be able to get back).

-Alternis

You can get extremely rare stuff from then, maybe even some unique items. Usually you're guaranteed to get it if you eat for felyne Explorer. You can only spawn in it (it's usually on a high cliff, so falling off means you won't be able to get back).

-Alternis

And Felyne Explorer doesn't work on Harvest Tours, sadly.

Think my 3ds is going to spontaniously combust. I finally have all the mats for my Ukalnos/Teostra set, just missing the money. I've been on and off farming these guys since Story of Seasons came out and have otherwise not played this game much. Soon as this is done i can start focusing on finishing my kushala stuff and getting my other misc sets and weapons done.

It's rare that I don't miss a single cannon shot against Gogmazios. That was an excellent hunt of the oily bastard.

Thanks for the hunt Glitch and Beats! I was kinda clueless, so I did my best to not die, but I guess I wasn't far away enough from the explode-y beam. But we did it! Gold crown, here I come!

Riposte

Did the HR5 quests "Gathering of Dragons" (Rathian, -los, Tigrex) "Primal Forest M.I.A." (Naja, Grav, Gore) solo. Was very challenging and probably the most fun (and frustration) I've had so far. Think I'll rank up now lol.

All shall fear the day I decided to do guild quests for black Fatalis armor. Btw I still need the head if anybody has a Teo, Cham or Shaggy.

Shengar

All shall fear the day I decided to do guild quests for black Fatalis armor. Btw I still need the head if anybody has a Teo, Cham or Shaggy.
I don't have the quest but I can help since I need fucktons of divine spheres for all these armors that built out of boredom.

Yrael

Relevant to Switch Axe users:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APFoRsUXd4c

Nice work! After a couple days, I finally got 2 contrary scales in 1 run last night! And I made a similar set, but a bit better IMO for my playstyle (db don't really benefit from Evasion +3):

Helios Helm X (same as Selene, but for male)
Garuga Mail X
Seltas Vambraces X
Garuga Tassets X
Rath Soul Greaves Z
Talisman Handicraft +5 one slot

Gives me

Sharpness +1
Razor Sharp
HG Earplugs
Critical +2
Evasion +1

Nice mix for me as a DB user.

Between this, full Regios, and full Grand Mizuha, I think I have pretty much what I need for armor sets for the time being.

That's awesome!

I think I might actually swap out my Focus skill for Evade Extender (with a different charm)...that way I can use weapons with 2 slots instead of 3.

PrankT

Spent a few hours in the arena getting coins for the g. knight boots for torso up with a bit more defense than tetsucabra x...and these are the ugliest pants in the game. Makes your hunter look like he has toothpick legs. Ugh, what a waste.

Also, I would play apex deviljo any day over 3 tigrex. Tigrex is creeping up on my least favorite list.

I don't have the quest but I can help since I need fucktons of divine spheres for all these armors that built out of boredom.
I know somebody on here has it since I ran it with gaffers the other day. And yeah them divines are gonna drop like candy hopefully @.@

Top Bottom