• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Yrael

Hooray, so I just did a little spot of hunting and actually managed to get the Contrary Scale from Chaos Gore early on (my luck was evidently better today). I've got a new set now:

ygHTFIf.jpg
(shitty photo sorry)

Selene Helm X
Garuga Mail X
Kushala Grip X
Kushala Cocoon X
Rhopessa Crura X

Evasion +3 (lol)
Sharpness +1
HG Earplugs
Focus
694 Defence
Switch Axe honed for Life

brau

I am online.. and i'l be hopping on and off during the morning. Its gameday here at work. So i'll be playing games all day, later today at home i'll play some more. :D

Tom_Cody

Randoms keep carting against Dalamadur...

I think I will finally need to play with GAF in order to get to G rank. I'll pop in here tomorrow night at ~9 EST.

Yrael

Passes the fashion hunter test too! Good job.

Thanks! :D

The only real drawback of this set is that until I get a better Talisman (with +6 FastCharge and three slots instead of two) it requires a three-slotted weapon. The Waxglare Wand works nicely though, thankfully, as does the Tatanka Talon and (when I get it) Praying Dalamadur.

Thanks! :D

The only real drawback of this set is that until I get a better Talisman (with +6 FastCharge and three slots instead of two) it requires a three-slotted weapon. The Waxglare Wand works nicely though, thankfully, as does the Tatanka Talon and (when I get it) Praying Dalamadur.

Uh, don't worry about Praying Dalamadur, since there is no G-rank Dalamadur.

anyone interested in doing some G3 quests? and kick some elder dragons asses?

room is up, 50 4874 3689 0858

code is 0307

I am waiting for a phone call, so if you see me go to the next zone and camp for a few minutes, don't yell at me!

Rawk Hawk

So I just saw the Teostra Switch Axe in a video, while it was one I wanted at some point, I think it may have just become my most wanted weapon. That thing looks awesome.

EDIT: well, closed

sorry I had to leave so quickly!

Nice hunt today! I tried high rank guild quest for the first time (136 chameleos) and killed my first apex tigrex. I earned the shah dalamadur codex too!
Still discovering things after 300 hours... This game is so great!

upandaway

Got another Charmer +7 OOO charm. Getting flooded with Charmer charms and nothing to show for it.

My luck is the worst tease. I always get amazing Charmers and never anything actually useful with them.

First death thanks to being flinched is by of course a switch axe user. >__> Those guys always know where i'm gonna be to trip me up. Hell, every weapon seems to trip me and it's like, why?

So what's everyone think about the teo/kushala dual blades? I'm wanting to scratch a blast itch and the idea of farming normal and high rank brach hurts. Any reccommended teo weapons in general? I've got lots of teo parts... lol

So what's everyone think about the teo/kushala dual blades? I'm wanting to scratch a blast itch and the idea of farming normal and high rank brach hurts. Any reccommended teo weapons in general? I've got lots of teo parts... lol

CB and the SnS are great, the SA isn't compared to the Brachy stuff, and outside of that I don't really know. In general, those split element DBs aren't great because you're effectively inflicting half the aliment you could be if it was dedicated one element. If you want blast DB, the Brachy set are the way to go.

Finally got a Weathered SA so I can get the Daora SA. So happy I can finally bring an ice SA along on the hunts. Plus it's a badass scythe.

brau

Alright. got time to play. Someone has the Star knight dlc? or should i just make a room?

EDIT: alright... no one replied

Room is up.
65-7947-0036-9497

Testsu X always a good intro, Regios X, if you can swing it this is an HR armor that should be pretty decent starting out, but it does require a pretty good charm that you might not have yet.

Torso Up Helm (LR-HR), Rebellion Armor (1x Fast Sharpen Jewel [1]), Torso Up Arm (LR-HR), Nargacuga Faulds (1x Fast Sharpen [1], 1x Evasion Jewel [2]), Torso Up Greaves (LR-HR).

Charm Evasion +5/+1 (Zero up to OOO) (1x Evasion [2], 1x Evasion[1]), basically you want Evasion +5 in total on the charm. Gives you Honed Blade[14] , Evade +1, Speed Sharpening.

I just finished the Tetsu X set! But now I'm already thinking about my next armor set...

Would it be a waste of time to get Regios X at this point? It seems pretty easy to farm, but I'm wondering if it won't be outclassed by other items I can craft before long.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a quick primer on Talismans/Gems. These are two areas in which I have very little expertise! I'm bummed my current set doesn't give Sharpness+1, so I wouldn't mind getting that somehow.

Hammer user, btw.

Hooray, so I just did a little spot of hunting and actually managed to get the Contrary Scale from Chaos Gore early on (my luck was evidently better today). I've got a new set now:

(shitty photo sorry)

Selene Helm X
Garuga Mail X
Kushala Grip X
Kushala Cocoon X
Rhopessa Crura X

Evasion +3 (lol)
Sharpness +1
HG Earplugs
Focus
694 Defence
Switch Axe honed for Life

Nice work! After a couple days, I finally got 2 contrary scales in 1 run last night! And I made a similar set, but a bit better IMO for my playstyle (db don't really benefit from Evasion +3):

Helios Helm X (same as Selene, but for male)
Garuga Mail X
Seltas Vambraces X
Garuga Tassets X
Rath Soul Greaves Z
Talisman Handicraft +5 one slot

Gives me

Sharpness +1
Razor Sharp
HG Earplugs
Critical +2
Evasion +1

Nice mix for me as a DB user.

Between this, full Regios, and full Grand Mizuha, I think I have pretty much what I need for armor sets for the time being.

I just finished the Tetsu X set! But now I'm already thinking about my next armor set...

Would it be a waste of time to get Regios X at this point? It seems pretty easy to farm, but I'm wondering if it won't be outclassed by other items I can craft before long.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a quick primer on Talismans/Gems. These are two areas in which I have very little expertise! I'm bummed my current set doesn't give Sharpness+1, so I wouldn't mind getting that somehow.

Hammer user, btw.

Regios X is awesome. It was my first G rank set and I still use it, especially against fire monsters.

Hammer user, btw.

Regios X is super good! Hell, I'm at the highest level of hunting you can possibly be and still turn to it now and again. It gives you free maxed constitution, steady hand (attacks won't be deflected and lose sharpness at half the rate), bleeding prevention (though this is a Seregios-only mechanic at the moment), and the only downside is you'll swipe your whetstone five times instead of four, so make sure you're safe before sharpening.

It'll give you a ton of slots to work sharpness into, even if you have simple Talismans. The basic jist is that you can get active abilities from Talismans you pick up in the field, and gems you "slot" into your armor and weapons. Look for the little Os under the name of an item to see how many slots you have available. The smithy should have a good section on it if you go into the help menu.

According to GaijinHunter's guide, the mining spot area has a 10% chance of showing up on any completed quest but only the really fancy stuff like Divine Spheres show up at the level 126 and 136 tiers.

Ah ok. Wait, mining spot? Does he mean the treasure area?

Why does the brachydium armor set require gravios/black gravios palliums? : <

Because just requiring nuke brachy parts would be too easy of course :p

Top Bottom