• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

upandaway

Been doing the rathalos method for charms and I'm just not getting anything.

Dangit I've done it like 20 times now, just give me something remotely usable please. Guard, handicraft, crit draw, just something. It's like every other charm I get is element res.

Dangit I've done it like 20 times now, just give me something remotely usable please. Guard, handicraft, crit draw, just something. It's like every other charm I get is element res.

Try to restart the game. It resets the charm table every time you start MH4U as far as I know.

There is something about successfully finishing a Meownster Hunting when they are able to get through all the monsters successfully.

Five palicoes against a giant monster...and all they get are scraps. However, the high-ranked costumes for them are just plain awesome.

Tom_Cody

Correct, if you want to stick with paralysis and a good raw damage. But there are other blades to work with that are good. The Brachy line doesn't require the Immortal Reactor that most of the final Brachy weapons do, just some (relatively common) Brach Pallium. Being the parts breaker or "interrupter" (as blast often causes the monster to recoil) can be a good contribution as well. The Chameleos line poisons easily, but since you're just starting G-Rank that might be a bit out of the way for you.
I love blast, thanks for the suggestion. As I've emphasized, I'm trying to keep things simple, but I definitely might go for this given its relatively easy craftability.

The Waxglare Wand (Chameleos) is amazing, but that is ways off for me.

That moment when you have to decide which weapon you want to use the 5% drop on.

Do I save my S.Magala mantle for the Great Sword, or the Hammer? Or do I wait until I finally take the plunge on his Insect Glaive? Or his Hunting Horn?

Maybe his switch axe, but I'm already working on Stygian Vanagloria for my Dragon axe until the G-rank Savage Deviljho comes out...

Ugh.

Wiseblade

Wow it's like you inherited my bad luck with charms from 3U. I've been lucky enough to get some good stuff this time round, like Handicraft +4 with 2 slots. Not amazing, but way better than what I was slumming with in 3U.

jorgejjvr

I read one of the designers wanted to add more end game sleep weapons due to the lack there of (compared to other status I guess). Why they have to be so meh is beyond me though.

The flaw in that is that all his weapons are outclassed by shrouded nerscylla. His sleep weapons are barely 100 sleep each.

-Alternis

Big thanks to everyone that came. 'Specially to jorge for getting me annihilated by c fatalis.

Room's still open for a bit if anyone else wants to jump in.

Yknow what was neat about that fight? That Crimson behaved completely differently from how I usually fight him, and I've never seen him nuke the area so often as he did there.

Yknow what was neat about that fight? That Crimson behaved completely differently from how I usually fight him, and I've never seen him nuke the area so often as he did there.
I was wondering if that was normal or not cause that seemed a little weird. Still, that was so goddamn sick. Probably my favorite fight so far.

Shengar

The Kaiser X set when paired with my Handicraft+5 OOO make able to gem in almost any skill I want through gemming alone. I wonder if I should keep it.

Riposte

Is there a neat list of weapons that can be "awakened"? I couldn't find it on google. I would think someone would have wrote one up.

tuffy

15 "Terrible Tyrant" runs later and I've got the Pulsating Blastheart needed to finish up my alternate defense-honed Livid Griscannon. I'm hoping it will be useful for Rajang hunts, coincidentally enough. It took me a ton of Molten Tigrex runs to find it the last time too, so hopefully that'll be the last I'll need from him for awhile.

Renewed

I vote to never do Rajang again.

I don't have fun with this thing, it's just a stressful, unhappy time.

I came back to the game yesterday and started with solo against Rajang to see if I could finally overcome him. Used my regular old Diablos X set with my Seditious Cleaver GS. With that Tremor Resist, I can just move into the right place when he does his pound and then charge up a level 3 and knock him over. Odds are I get to knock him over again after that. Surprisingly ended with 4 Mega Potions used due to forgetting the beam.

Shengar

I vote to never do Rajang again.

I don't have fun with this thing, it's just a stressful, unhappy time.
It's not that stressful once you got or upgraded high enough to stand most of it attacks. I can imagine the pain though hunting with 4 blademasters and none bring any traps. The pressure from getting oneshotted can be very stressful indeed but again most Elder Dragons does that too.

That being said, I think Rajang feel more dangerous compared to Jho for the some cheap reason namely blanka ball and hopping around that deal damage for traversing around.

Rajang has this weird property that if you're standing next to him when he leaps, the hitbox is wide enough to chunk off your health even if you're not actually close enough to touch him. Then you're knocked down and you eat shit from his blanka ball, and whoops now you're dead.

It's all these juggle combos that he can do that I don't enjoy. Monster Hunter 5's innovation will be the introduction of Bursts for hunters. c:

PrankT

I think somebody here had a Teostra GQ that had the head for Black Fatalis. But if anybody else has it i'll gladly gie you the quests for the 4 other parts to go with it :D
I have teostra with freedom series A (head), but not sure if that's the one for black fatalis.

upandaway

Wow it's like you inherited my bad luck with charms from 3U. I've been lucky enough to get some good stuff this time round, like Handicraft +4 with 2 slots. Not amazing, but way better than what I was slumming with in 3U.
My luck with charms is incredibly specialized. I'm basically a master of getting Charmer charms (I have 3x +6 OOO and one +7 OOO, couple +5s), it was the same in 3U. And then I get nothing else.

I have a lot of dead time this time though between classes so I'm gonna keep this up, not losing hope yet.

Synless

So I downloaded all the May content and none of the Metroid missions or anything is showing up to play. My buddy is seeing the same exact thing on his, what gives?

N/m it's G Rank.

Top Bottom