• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

deim0s

are there any good gunlance solo hunt videos? I kinda want to see what people are capable of doing with the weapon.

I dont know about MH4U vids, but if you search for MHFU or MH2G there are a lot of gunlancers soloing stuff ridiculously. Plus that corn gunlance.

Shengar

are there any good gunlance solo hunt videos? I kinda want to see what people are capable of doing with the weapon.
Tuffy should be able to help you since he like to search gunners solo run with certain setups, so he must know the trick searching it.

upandaway

Got some okay charms finally

Handicraft +5 Survivor +4
Gloves Off +8 Pierce Up +6
Guard Up +7 FreeElement +7 OOO
Guard +6 OO

That Pierce Up charm looks especially nice. Thinking about pairing that with Regios X + Regios HBG, but I'd like to have Evade Extender too...

tuffy

Tuffy should be able to help you since he like to search gunners solo run with certain setups, so he must know the trick searching it.
Unfortunately, I just bookmark neat runs I find posted on the internet and dig them out when appropriate. The trouble is that although Gunlancers love to turn crazy synchronized maneuvers into music videos there's a real shortage of them doing awesome speedruns of things solo. So it's hard to find anything useful for learning how to use the weapon.

Beats

hmm, maybe i'll make my own gunlance videos! Though capture cards for the 3DS are kinda expensive... : <

I think I'm on a charm table with lots of CritStatus/Status charms right now since that's all I'm getting lol.

hmm, maybe i'll make my own gunlance videos! Though capture cards for the 3DS are kinda expensive... : <

I think I'm on a charm table with lots of CritStatus/Status charms right now since that's all I'm getting lol.

Just mount a camera on a tripod and hold your DS real still while you play.

Rawk Hawk

Oh man, I would totally pick up gunlancing more to get in a "Nice Synchronization!" music video! I've done I think 3 hunts with it so far, one being my double cart to Rajang last night, but other than that it's really fun. Just so use to rolling forward, losing that option sometimes puts me in a situation where I feel lost. Started turning my back and hopping towards enemies that way, haha.

deim0s

Oh man, I would totally pick up gunlancing more to get in a "Nice Synchronization!" music video! I've done I think 3 hunts with it so far, one being my double cart to Rajang last night, but other than that it's really fun. Just so use to rolling forward, losing that option sometimes puts me in a situation where I feel lost. Started turning my back and hopping towards enemies that way, haha.

Actually evading towards the monster is a legit move by GL/Lance users for a long time now.

Rawk Hawk

Actually evading towards the monster is a legit move by GL/Lance users for a long time now.

Oh cool, yea it seemed to work. I have a decent Evade Dist charm, so since I don't have a GL set, I just threw that charm on my Regios X and charmed in Artillery God for now. You can cover some good ground with that back hop.

jorgejjvr

I don't if this is a bug or intentional, but Rajang two hand slams actually registered two hit upon landing: first the damage, then the tremor. Found this when I'm trying to counter it. Not really big deal but it can potentially kill you if Rajang decided to follow it up with deadly attack.

Its intentional. I believe the same occurs with Shagaru Magala' ground slam.

Anyways, has anyone ever successfully cut off a Rajang's tail? That's even harder than getting its horns, but apparently it makes it so Rajang cannot become golden anymore.

-Alternis

Its intentional. I believe the same occurs with Shagaru Magala' ground slam.

Anyways, has anyone ever successfully cut off a Rajang's tail? That's even harder than getting its horns, but apparently it makes it so Rajang cannot become golden anymore.

-Alternis

Only once. ONCE. That tail probably has more HP compared to Rajang itself.

tuffy

I don't think Rajang's tail is something that can be cut off and carved, though. It's a breakable item that usually doesn't break until he's almost dead. I've managed to get a few of them simply because his backside's such a good shot target as he goes charging past.

I don't think Rajang's tail is something that can be cut off and carved, though. It's a breakable item that usually doesn't break until he's almost dead. I've managed to get a few of them simply because his backside's such a good shot target as he goes charging past.

I joined a random room one time where this LS user was on the tail the entire time. We had one HBG and a lancer while I was using GS as usual.

Everytime Rajang fell into a trap or toppled, the LS was on that tail like glue. Just kept at it and I remember hearing something break. Strangely no one broke the horns for some reason which is why I wanted to fight Rajang so I can open up the pieces to forge.

Wolfe

What's the best time to get people to hunt? Me and herp just worked our asses off against R.Brachy, and four people make that fight goddamn trivial.

I'm on the west coast (US for time zone reference) but I typically get off work around midnight which is why I show up here so late usually.

Riposte

Unbelievable. Got the gem off my first carve (tail) of High Rank S.Magala. My luck in this game has been too good to be true. It's been raining rubies, plates, gems.

What's the best time to get people to hunt? Me and herp just worked our asses off against R.Brachy, and four people make that fight goddamn trivial.

I would love to do raging brach tonight around 10 pacific if you can. I don't have his scroll yet. I've done maybe 4 scrolls so far, so I can't start a quest with him yet. I played him one time with some other gaffers and got a reactor from a tail carve. What luck! But now I need more of his regular parts for my final upgrade.

I got this new Witcher game on PS4 but honestly I'd rather play MH!

So, I was just blessed with an Immortal Reactor, and now I'm torn. I COULD save it for his IG when I get around to it, or I could trade it in for the last upgrade in my Zinogre SA line... I mean I do already have the Hellruin Glaive for Blast...

Wolfe

Sorry herb I could have been playing better but S magala with randoms is tough considering they typically will end up spread out like that which ends up sending the guy all around the dang zone. Feel like I'm constantly chasing the thing.

Plus as you know I can't block, shoulda realized sooner this thing on my right arm was a shield!

Also this doesn't usually bother me but I don't think either of those other dudes busted out a lifepowder once. I don't expect people to heal me or nothing but it sure is nice on fights with lots of chip/environmental damage like that. DB guy sure was willing to share his criticisms though lol.

javadoze

Being a ChargeBlade user myself, I have to say it seems pretty complicated at first, but really isn't that hard.

That said, what upgrade trees should I pursue for CB in G-rank? Should I go for multiple CBs with specific elements or go for impact and brute damage?

Being a ChargeBlade user myself, I have to say it seems pretty complicated at first, but really isn't that hard.

That said, what upgrade trees should I pursue for CB in G-rank? Should I go for multiple CBs with specific elements or go for impact and brute damage?

Impact is just more effective in general, I've found. Plus you do KO damage which is always a good thing.

Brachy, Ceadeus, T.Zam, S.Nerscylla, Kush, and C.Fatalis are all great CBs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QRqZgh8-nk

I haven't seen this video, but I basically listen to everything he says. I've been using the Lightbreak C.Blade with the following skills:

Critical Eye+1
Mind's Eye
Shapness+1
Weakness Exploit
Guard+1
Bombadier
Tremor Res

I would use the Rathalos line if the game let me upgrade it all the way, but it's a really good fire charge blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QRqZgh8-nk

I haven't seen this video, but I basically listen to everything he says. I've been using the Lightbreak C.Blade with the following skills:

Critical Eye+1
Mind's Eye
Shapness+1
Weakness Exploit
Guard+1
Bombadier
Tremor Res

I would use the Rathalos line if the game let me upgrade it all the way, but it's a really good fire charge blade.

What's your armor loadout to get all that?

What's your armor loadout to get all that?

UkaUka Set with a one-slot Expert +13 talisman

Lightbreak C.Blade has two slots, so it makes it easier to gem all this in.

Ukanlos Mask X
Kaiser Mail X
Ukanlos Claws X
Kaiser Tassets X
Ukanlos Hessian X

Tenderizer Jwl 1
Tectonic Jwl 1
Ironwall Jewel 1
Bombardier Jwll x 4
Ironwall Jewel 2 x 3

Wolfe

No joke but I've made every CB available right now except the regular Zam line, Rajang CB or the Diablos one simply because I don't like how they look lol.

I generally use impact phials but like having the element ones as well in case I ever feel like exploiting a large weakness or whatever. Plus even with impact the extra elemental damage is always nice should you go that route. I have a CB for each status in case the need arrises. Unfortunately if the set you're using is socket starved and you need a 3 socket weapon your only options (discounting the future DLC CB that maxes out at rare 7) are the crimson fatalis CB and elite blade final upgrade (which requires awaken for the para). Because of this a few of my sets are kind of stuck with the Fatalis blade (assuming the set has sharp+1) which isn't bad, I just like being able to switch things up.

Top Bottom