• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

What's a good set for starting G-Rank? I'm halfway through G1-Star and even with Evasion+3 and Evade Extender, I still can't dodge everything (Tigerstripe Zamtrios was awful). Is the Kecha Z armor good to get through G Rank Seregios? What about the Ash Kecha Wacha insect glaive?

deim0s

What's a good set for starting G-Rank? I'm halfway through G1-Star and even with Evasion+3 and Evade Extender, I still can't dodge everything (Tigerstripe Zamtrios was awful). Is the Kecha Z armor good to get through G Rank Seregios? What about the Ash Kecha Wacha insect glaive?

What are you using right now? any HR armor should hold up to a G-Rank Seregios, upgraded of course.

What are you using right now? any HR armor should hold up to a G-Rank Seregios, upgraded of course.
A hideous combination of Lobster armor (gunner cap, arms, and legs), SilverSol Mail, and Lagombi S Faulds. It gets Evade+3 and Evade Extender, but after giving it as many heavy armor spheres as I had at the time, its defense came out to only just above 400 with the +40 defense boost from the Dalamadur dual blades. It's good until I get comboed to death by an enraged monster that can kill me in 2 hits in rage mode. I can avoid most attacks, but when I do get hit, I find myself getting hit again by an unavoidable follow-up attack.

Wolfe

Reverse desire sensor. "Don't need it? Here have 27 of it!"

Like how my first seregies lens took 10-20 kills and now I have been getting one on literally every quest during the carves. Think I'm at 10 now and I don't fight the guy that often, cracks me up.

Renewed

Been working on getting closer to stun lock Rajang... I wanna make farming this brute easier dangit.

Also bonus Gore Magala cosplay

LbGB4dh.jpg

Managed to do 1 run with randoms on my Cham quest, we did it but the stupid gunner kept on ruining my mounts so I put a bomb right in front of them so that worked out quite well.

Did get 1 beshackled armor and it wasn't the skin i was looking for, though it does look cool on its own.

co1onel

Just about done even bothering with randoms. We've beaten this quest maybe once in the past 10 or more times I've done it. clearly this isn't working.

EDIT: So happy now, I finally got the waist piece with +4 edgemaster. Now I just need the head with at least edgemaster+2.

Shengar

Anybody want to hunt Oroshi Kirin, Elder Dragons, or some Apex monsters?

Does palico level effect monster hunter? Should I try to level up my blocking palicoes?

Anyone have an extra blocking palico? I have two.

I'm not sure but I guess level does affect Palicoes effectiveness on using their skills.

And I have five blocking Palicoes, one at level 20 IIRC.

Shengar

Leveling up the cats is such a pain. I've been using them normally and they only go up levels once in a long while.

Better saved them until you got to G Rank so you can beat HR Caravan monster easily. It isn't that hard to level them up when you have Felyne Trainer.

I've been watching this thread like a hawk and it seems like we're past the point of people needing help with urgents and such.

I'm not really in the mood to farm endgame things. I'm at the point in this game where all I feel like doing is helping people who literally need help, kinda like how I felt after 300 hours of MHTri. Maybe I'll just hop from random room to random room looking for people doing urgents like I did then, though it was so much easier with the way towns/lobbies worked on consoles, plus having a physical keyboard to chat.

Top Bottom