• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

DooD1234

Thanks for the hunts Asra, Wolfe, and zen. Many thanks for bringing me to G rank special too. Gog takes forever to finish that last hunt.

Wolfe

Yeah the last one we did is the harder special permit Gog, still needed a few offenders to finish my CB so I figured what the hell.

Btw did I mention I hate how you have to acquire relic armor sets? The weapons aren't too bad but for matching armor I need to find 5 quests with the correct pieces and biases? Bleh, just wanna make that cool Dark Souls looking Rebellion set :(

Oh and let's not forget how they either come with no skills or a random combined skill, gotta love EVERYTHING being based off RNG :p.

On the bright side I now have the helmet and chest of the model I want, and with Edgemaster and Edge Lore points so far. I think after I finally get this Cham quest to 140 I'm just gonna join other peoples GQs, too tedious leveling my own up. Maybe I'll change my mind later lol.

Yeah the last one we did is the harder special permit Gog, still needed a few offenders to finish my CB so I figured what the hell.

Btw did I mention I hate how you have to acquire relic armor sets? The weapons aren't too bad but for matching armor I need to find 5 quests with the correct pieces and biases? Bleh, just wanna make that cool Dark Souls looking Rebellion set :(

Oh and let's not forget how they either come with no skills or a random combined skill, gotta love EVERYTHING being based off RNG :p.

On the bright side I now have the helmet and chest of the model I want, and with Edgemaster and Edge Lore points so far. I think after I finally get this Cham quest to 140 I'm just gonna join other peoples GQs, too tedious leveling my own up. Maybe I'll change my mind later lol.
You should totally join me and my Cham leveling cause nothing says awesome like Fatalis armor :D

Wolfe

You should totally join me and my Cham leveling cause nothing says awesome like Fatalis armor :D

I'm always down for whatever, it's funny you mention that though cause I've got 2 pieces of the black Fatalis armor now too, chest and gloves I think. Although I'm fully expecting you to say it's for Crim Fatalis or something lol.

I'll keep an eye out for whenever you try running it again.

hey guys, any room open?
Now that a kind random learned me yesterday that CB was able to block, I want to try this incredible new fonction I didn't know about!

lol

edit :

I created a room to hunt rathalos (G rank),

15 6509 5780 7715

I need his tail cut.

upandaway

I'm getting a bit depressed. Ever since I hit G-rank I haven't been able to upgrade any lance or get any decent lance armor set with S+1, and I'm into G2 already. My lances are all terrible compared to my GS/HBG, the few that have white sharpness after S+1 only have like a pixel of it.

I want my lance man. Why you do this to me.

Shengar

I'm getting a bit depressed. Ever since I hit G-rank I haven't been able to upgrade any lance or get any decent lance armor set with S+1, and I'm into G2 already. My lances are all terrible compared to my GS/HBG, the few that have white sharpness after S+1 only have like a pixel of it.

I want my lance man. Why you do this to me.
You should be able to build Ruiner Lance, panda.

upandaway

You should be able to build Ruiner Lance, panda.
See about that how I posted that room this morning for Fatalis
no one came :(

Besides look at this man, look. Okay. So I can get full Regios X for these skills for HBG
Pierce Up
Normal Up
Negate Bleeding
Constitution +2
Recoil +1
Evade Extender

And I can make full Lagi for these skills for GS
Focus
Critical Draw
Divine Blessing
Weakness Exploit
Sharpness +1
Awaken

but lance? I've been on athena for like an hour now and nothing. No I'm not making gravios it looks like white monoblos poop.

jorgejjvr

If you want the regular rebellion set just wait until G rank Dalamadur gets released for DLC. Otherwise you could try Rebellion Z which is Shah Dalamadur.

-Alternis

I'm back, brothers. Although I now have no goals in this game (or any game right now) that I care about due to being totally drained of life by the past semester, I'll be around to help with urgents or whatever. Good to be back <3.

Wolfe

If you want the regular rebellion set just wait until G rank Dalamadur gets released for DLC. Otherwise you could try Rebellion Z which is Shah Dalamadur.

-Alternis

Naw I'm talking about the Rebellion relic armor that looks reminiscent of something from Dark Souls.

I've got Rebellion Z and a few pieces of X just for the hell of it from doing the quest a few times randomly.

Shengar

I'm doing the guild quests that give damascus armor, if anyone is interested feel free to join:

34-8623-4652-4060
Sorry have to bail, I'm done rewarding myself for today.
See about that how I posted that room this morning for Fatalis
no one came :(

but lance? I've been on athena for like an hour now and nothing. No I'm not making gravios it looks like white monoblos poop.
I thought Barroth X looks quite good. Could serve as temporary solution until the GOAT Empress X set.
The reason why I just focusing on Elder Dragons armor and taking GQ only for the Divine Sphere. Too much RNG and plus, min-maxing full armor set with the charm you have is a lot of fun.
I'm back, brothers. Although I now have no goals in this game (or any game right now) that I care about due to being totally drained of life by the past semester, I'll be around to help with urgents or whatever. Good to be back <3.
Welcome back. This thread becoming short on CB user after the first OT :(

Wolfe

I hear ya, I want to eventually get a few full relic sets and weaps but atm I'm fine just working the few decent pieces I find into sets here and there.

Beats

ugh, I can get Crit God on my Status/Status Crit set, but it would be the ugliest set in the universe.

Welcome back.

ugh, I can get Crit God on my Status/Status Crit set, but it would be the ugliest set in the universe.

Welcome back.

That's why I settled for one step below god on my status/status crit. And I tried my damndest with Athena to make it not look terrible.

And thanks. Glad to see you're still around.

co1onel

Yeah, I absolutely hate relic sets and I hate myself for thinking it would be a good idea to try and get a full set with honed blade and steady hand. I've been working on the damascus relic set for a few days now. So far I have two pieces with edge lore+5 and one piece with edgemaster+4. So I just need the head and arms with at least edgemaster+3 and I'll have a usable set. I imagine it'll take me a couple more days of grinding the quests to get the pieces.

What makes it even more infuriating is that every relic armor set has two versions, usually one that looks like the low/high rank set and one that looks like the g-rank set. The version you get is completely random. Also every armor piece can glow at random. Maybe the glow doesn't bother people, but for a fashion hunter like me it has to be perfect.

I literally have hundreds of strong/divine armor spheres, dozens of kushala and jho gems, and yet I'm still so far from getting the things I actually want. I can't believe I used to think farming for gems/mantles was a chore.

Wolfe

Really? Well, don't worry. Your resident guard point whorer is back.
If I'm still any good, that is.

No worries, there can be none worse than I. I make it a point to cart as often as possible, sometimes even up to twice a fight!

Dude I hear ya, if you ever need to fill space look for me. I may not care for leveling my own but I don't mind hopping into someone else's guild quest and seeing what random stuff I get. I actually don't like the pulsating glow effect but so far all of my best relic pieces (so 2 haha) have had the glow :(

No worries, there can be none worse than I. I make it a point to cart as often as possible, sometimes even up to twice a fight!

Pfft. Only twice? You're not trying hard enough. Back in my day, we carted 4 times and LIKED it.
No, but srsly, thanks for the vote of confidence.

UkaUka Set with a one-slot Expert +13 talisman

Lightbreak C.Blade has two slots, so it makes it easier to gem all this in.

While I didn't have that particular charm, I did have an Expert+8 with 3 slots and made a much more generalized CB set that doesn't use the weapon's slots.

Critical Eye+2
Mind's Eye
Sharpness+1
Weakness Exploit
Guard+1
Termor Res

Basically dropping the bombardier gems for 1 Expert3 and 1 Expert 2, which gets me exactly to 15 points in expert.

>mfw Chernobog's Scythe has goddamn 60% affinity, Le Salut 50%.

Shengar

Really? Well, don't worry. Your resident guard point whorer is back.
If I'm still any good, that is.
A monster hunter skill can't rust with time!
Only rusted in few minutes by string of bad luck
>.>

Not like I main CB or anything. Noooo...
But I'm see you more often with DB than CB
That's why I settled for one step below god on my status/status crit. And I tried my damndest with Athena to make it not look terrible.

And thanks. Glad to see you're still around.

I can gem in Critical God with my Full Empress X set. But again, it's much better to spend those slots on more reliable skills like Challenger+2 or even Attack Up.

Pfft. Only twice? You're not trying hard enough. Back in my day, we carted 4 times and LIKED it.
No, but srsly, thanks for the vote of confidence.

3 carts came from mine!
Seriously I need to timing my evasion right

Rawk Hawk

Really? Boy I barely play DB lately, unless it's against Uka. We don't really play that often together either, but my main is definitely CB and SA.

Also Gaijin just did three top fives today. Wow.

I spent last night trying to finish off the lightbreak twins too, and bam first mentioned in one of his video. Although I'm making them because in 3U I always wanted the Brach DBs, but never got far enough into it. Sort of like fulfilling that old promise I made to myself, even though it looks like when G Fatalis rolls around, his might end up being better.

Shengar

Really? Boy I barely play DB lately, unless it's against Uka. We don't really play that often together either, but my main is definitely CB and SA.

Also Gaijin just did three top fives today. Wow.

Yeah, from our play session, you might've thought me as a GS User/Bowgunner than Lancer.

He probably already make those three, only got the time to upload it now.
And holy crap, I just realized that Ritual Eidolon have natural purple sharpness. I didn't realize that before o_O

I spent last night trying to finish off the lightbreak twins too, and bam first mentioned in one of his video. Although I'm making them because in 3U I always wanted the Brach DBs, but never got far enough into it. Sort of like fulfilling that old promise I made to myself, even though it looks like when G Fatalis rolls around, his might end up being better.

Lightbreak Twins just look badass too.

Also the Fatalis ones are dual stated. Lightbreak will proc more and have better sharpness.

So after fighting Nuclear Brachy last night about 2-3 times, is it like the other monsters such as M. Tigrex? Moves slower, but hits harder?

Aside from the AoE explosions, I noticed he doesn't run too much like the counterpart does.

So after fighting Nuclear Brachy last night about 2-3 times, is it like the other monsters such as M. Tigrex? Moves slower, but hits harder?

Aside from the AoE explosions, I noticed he doesn't run too much like the counterpart does.

If anything Nuke feels like he moves faster than regular Brachy. If he targets you he basically warps to your position. =/

While I haven't been playing, I also haven't been looking at GH's stuff. Just checked out his top 5 CBs. Zero elementals even though he's also the one who said elementals have more damage potential than impact ;_;.

Welp, eventually I'll make more impact I guess. I do have Desert Rose (#5) and Chernobog's Scythe (honorable mention), but those are both status, and if I'm going to paralyze/poison, I'd probably use my LSs instead.

co1onel

One good thing that came out of the farming for relic armor is I got a nice relic hammer with 1820 raw and a quite a bit of purple sharpness. Only downside is its the silver rathalos skin which isn't my favorite.

Shengar

In design yes, but in-game lore, not really. Raging Brachydoes is supposed to be differrent individual monster, just like Furious Rajang and Savage Jho. That's why you mostly carved G Rank Brachydios part from its as opposed to M. Tigrex where all of its drop is unique. Gameplay wise, yes Capcom make it much slower. But it have more HP, more hard hitting and more dangerous (for blademasters at least) due to its exploding slime on its body.

One good thing that came out of the farming for relic armor is I got a nice relic hammer with 1820 raw and a quite a bit of purple sharpness. Only downside is its the silver rathalos skin which isn't my favorite.

I also got a rather nice HH from guild quest. Excellent list of songs, great sharpness and attack, but the main the problem is.....
I can't play HH

tuffy

If anything Nuke feels like he moves faster than regular Brachy. If he targets you he basically warps to your position. =/
His sprint around the room is about the same, but his actual attacks come out slower, his fiery horn flip has a shorter range, and he doesn't jump into an explosive blast at all. So I find his moves are easier to avoid than regular Brachy, but one slip-up and it's easy to wind up on the cart because they hit so much harder.

Shengar

His sprint around the room is about the same, but his actual attacks come out slower, his fiery horn flip has a shorter range, and he doesn't jump into an explosive blast at all. So I find his moves are easier to avoid than regular Brachy, but one slip-up and it's easy to wind up on the cart because they hit so much harder.

I think why most of its attack explode less is due to design oversight. You see that its slime will turn red when enraged and any attack it make with its will explode just like regular Brachydios. The thing is, the red slime will explode when attacked, returned to yellow and while in this state, the attack wouldn't be much different from its normal state attack and with a gunner, most of the time this slime will keep on yellow during the duration of its rage.

Rawk Hawk

I think why most of its attack explode less is due to design oversight. You see that its slime will turn red when enraged and any attack it make with its will explode just like regular Brachydios. The thing is, the red slime will explode when attacked, returned to yellow and while in this state, the attack wouldn't be much different from its normal state attack and with a gunner, most of the time this slime will keep on yellow during the duration of its rage.

So his red spots blow up when hit? Never really noticed, I know they blow up in my face all the time, but just assumed it was a timing thing, maybe I've been hurting myself all along, haha.

tuffy

So his red spots blow up when hit? Never really noticed, I know they blow up in my face all the time, but just assumed it was a timing thing, maybe I've been hurting myself all along, haha.
It's why I try to prioritize shooting his glowing red spots first and then move on to his weak points. My hope is that I can set them off from a distance before any blademaster-type folks move in. I'm not always successful, though.

Rawk Hawk

It's why I try to prioritize shooting his glowing red spots first and then move on to his weak points. My hope is that I can set them off from a distance before any blademaster-type folks move in. I'm not always successful, though.

Gotcha, that makes sense. I'll try to avoid them next time, I just always assumed it was timed like the ground ones. Definitely cost myself a few extra mega potions last night, haha.

They detonate either by hit or by proximity. So if you stand too close for too long when it's glowing red, it'll blow up in your face.

Bad gunners can ruin that fight because they'll detonate the slime in your face before you have a chance to react to it. Good gunners mean you never have to worry about it.

Wow, I did not know about the glowing spots. I ran around like a chicken waiting for it to get to lower ground so I could mount nuclear brachy up.

Edit: Is nuclear brachy an advanced quest or something? I'm still deciphering some more aged text.

He's an advanced quest and a deciphered text quest. It's pretty easy to join his quest, but takes a few unlocks before one can post it.

Ah thanks Tuffy. The blademaster armor looks really good and now I'm considering a set! Oh the desire sensor for pallium and reactors...

I'm always down for whatever, it's funny you mention that though cause I've got 2 pieces of the black Fatalis armor now too, chest and gloves I think. Although I'm fully expecting you to say it's for Crim Fatalis or something lol.

I'll keep an eye out for whenever you try running it again.

Lol nah, it's for Black Fatalis :D

Top Bottom