• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Also make sure you set them to Train whenever you can. Every little bit helps.

I've been watching this thread like a hawk and it seems like we're past the point of people needing help with urgents and such.

We just had three people need help with Urgents yesterday. There are still people working their way along, new people coming up.

Also make sure you set them to Train whenever you can. Every little bit helps.

We just had three people need help with Urgents yesterday. There are still people working their way along, new people coming up.

Good to know. I'm currently nocturnal (been working 12-8 am; actually working right now), and living in the US, so maybe that's why I haven't seen much action.

Shengar

I've been watching this thread like a hawk and it seems like we're past the point of people needing help with urgents and such.

I'm not really in the mood to farm endgame things. I'm at the point in this game where all I feel like doing is helping people who literally need help, kinda like how I felt after 300 hours of MHTri. Maybe I'll just hop from random room to random room looking for people doing urgents like I did then, though it was so much easier with the way towns/lobbies worked on consoles, plus having a physical keyboard to chat.

You're in luck, I'm urgently need help against...
against....
uhhh...
Oroshi Kirin?

To be honest, I'm just creating new armor set, mix-matching with the charm I have ad infinitum. I don't have interest in relic equipment, as I just want to try new weapon and playstyle. Creating new armor is what makes me keep at it (though I'll run out of armor set I can build soon enough).

I'll open it in five minutes.

Anybody want to hunt Oroshi Kirin, Elder Dragons, or some Apex monsters?

I'm up for all three of those things. I haven't hunted Oroshi all that much. No one really does, I remember needing a ton of help against Kirin from the guys here. But from what I did in SP, Oroshi feels much less cheap.

You're in luck, I'm urgently need help against...
against....
uhhh...
Oroshi Kirin?

To be honest, I'm just creating new armor set, mix-matching with the charm I have ad infinitum. I don't have interest in relic equipment, as I just want to try new weapon and playstyle. Creating new armor is what makes me keep at it (though I'll run out of armor set I can build soon enough).

I'll open it in five minutes.

<_____< You know damn well you don't "literally need" my help. Hell, you and I could sit in base camp while Beats solos everything.

But you're my bro, so I'll join you. Thing is though, I still have another 30 minutes of work left, so if you've got space in 32 minutes, I'll come.

<_____< You know damn well you don't "literally need" my help. Hell, you and I could sit in base camp while Beats solos everything.

But you're my bro, so I'll join you. Thing is though, I still have another 30 minutes of work left, so if you've got space in 32 minutes, I'll come.

Nah man you know how butthurt Kirin gets ya? 25 thunder res and you're still spending half the fight face down on the floor. Oroshi is an upgraded version, totally worse in every way. :C

upandaway

I'm not really in the mood to farm endgame things. I'm at the point in this game where all I feel like doing is helping people who literally need help, kinda like how I felt after 300 hours of MHTri. Maybe I'll just hop from random room to random room looking for people doing urgents like I did then, though it was so much easier with the way towns/lobbies worked on consoles, plus having a physical keyboard to chat.
Though I try not to ask for help too often and sometimes plug in without GAF because you guys squat non-endgame monsters like a Seltas, it feels a bit like cheating!

That said, I'm playing right now if anyone wants to help! G2/G1 advanced

49-3965-1618-8657 / 1111

Though I try not to ask for help too often and sometimes plug in without GAF because you guys squat non-endgame monsters like a Seltas, it feels a bit like cheating!

That said, I'm playing right now if anyone wants to help! G2/G1 advanced

49-3965-1618-8657 / 1111

Were you with our group when we did those Berserk Tetsucabra hunts? That was hilarious, I don't think you were. Thing went from mounted to stunned to tripped to stunned to trapped to mounted to dead.

I seem to be having connection problems.

upandaway

Made my Seregios and Lagiacrus armors, so nice. All that's left is full Nargacuga (though that will take a lot, I still need another skymerald and a khezu special cut) before I can lance again in peace. I have as much defense on my gunner armor now as I had on my blademaster armor before.

Really like the look of the Seregios gunner armor

Made it to G rank and I'm finally gonna be looking to play with this fine community. Can't play much this weekend but I hope to be joining up soon after. I may pop on later tonight for bit.

Ohnonono

Is Nargakuga or whatever the bat monster is in this? It was one of my favorite hunts from the later psp game. If not do they tend to bring back monsters that skip a series? Would hate to see it go!

tuffy

Is Nargakuga or whatever the bat monster is in this? It was one of my favorite hunts from the later psp game. If not do they tend to bring back monsters that skip a series? Would hate to see it go!
Nargacuga's low rank and G rank armors are in this, but he is not. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him in the series though.

Shengar

The Star Knight armor is still not coming westward?
I'm not sure about that since the quest after all have been fully translated.
Weird, I don't remember ever doing any expeditions outside of the required story ones but I already have 2/4 vile fangs that I need.

Anyways thanks, now I can stop wasting my time on the GQ ones at least.
There will be DLC released for it bit we don't know when.
Sadly no. Apex Nargacuga would be a blast to fight.

That moment when you know how far down the rabbithole of a weapon you're in, when you're making one for each element.

Also Helstrong Firebath is a damn good name for a switch axe.

tuffy

I'm thinking about a long range weapon. Lbg or hbg?
I started out with LBG. Its unsheathe/sheathe speeds are fast, your maneuverability while the weapon out is good, but its shots are fairly weak. It compensates with its unique rapid-fire mechanic which multiplies a single shot into a volley of shots, machine-gun style. But because a rapid-fire volley leaves you stuck in place until all the shots are fired, it's important to look for pretty big openings.

HBG is slower to sheathe/unsheathe and your movement speed with the weapon out is also very slow. So getting around means lots of rolling, which is why a lot of HBG sets feature some form of Evade Extender. Each individual shot is quite strong and it's easy to fit a shot or two into pretty small openings to counterattack.

They control almost the same but play very differently. So it boils down to whether you prefer a slow Great Sword-style HBG or something more Dual Blade-style in the LBG.

Top Bottom