• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

onionfrog

I got it from a guild quest I did the other day. It's edgemaster +4, expert +11 with no slots >:

*edit: Room for 1 right now.
Good hunts guys!
I think I ended up with 3 more elder dragon gems from those GQ runs, so that's cool!
It's getting late here gonna head to bed...

I just wanna say thanks to everybody who dropped by to help level the quests up. Now I know what armor i'm looking for in the rewards screen. It's Dragoncasque, Dragonarmor, Dragonarms, Dragonbase and Dragoncuisses. It's a darn shame that they're currently rare 7-8 drops but at least now I can say i have the pieces should I start wanting to make it. Though i'm hoping to get at least edgemaster, bounty hunter and ferocity on the set.

Riposte

Caravaneer's Challenge is cleared! Although it took a few rough tries and I carted twice, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I was using Auberon the Lagiacrus set (Awaken, Focus, Weakness Exploit) with CritDraw and ResTremor (for Rajang) slotted in.

I think there's a quest still hanging around, but otherwise done with offline high rank until I get access to G quests. I think I'm pretty close to doing that (rank 7).

For posterity (lol), here's what I made for high rank (some starting at low rank):

Weapons: Dark of Night (Kut-Ku>Narga GS), Grimmig Cat Katze (paralyzing felyne SA), L'Oppresseur (Gore Charge Blade), Shell Castanet (Hermitaur Hunting Horn), Auberon (the Azure 'Los GS with awakened element), Odyssey Blade (Ludroth SnS)

Armor: Nerscylla S, Skull/Velociprey/Tigrex/Chrome/Tetsucabra (popular Sharp+1, Atk XL build), Lagiacrus (become a little obsessed with Awaken weapons at this point)

I ended up building a lot of weapons, but I got good mileage out of them. Haven't touched either lances and I'm not used I want to play a ranged class, think I'll correct at least the former. For G-rank, I think I'll explore some of the crazy shit you can do with SnS, speed setup, and evasion+2.

Yrael

Hi guys. Any tips for Hr6 Shagaru urgent. So far it's smashing me and my friend.

- Remember to bring Lifepowders and (if possible) Dust of Life items. Heal your friends the moment it looks like they're in trouble
- Use a Farcaster if you're in trouble (and bring along materials to make more Farcasters - always remember to make another one once you've used one up)
- Armorskins are helpful to boost your defence
- Flash bombs will work on Shagaru, but traps will not
- Dragon and fire weapons work best of the elemental types
- Sleep and blast are options for status conditions
- If you don't have an Insect Glaive, use the tiny ledge to try and mount Shagaru whenever it comes close enough to it
- Practice your evasion tactics (like superman diving when Shagaru launches an aerial attack in your direction, etc)

Man, the Fashion Hunter in me wants to build the Brachydium armor, but the Utility Hunter is screaming at me to save the Immortal Reactor for his IG because I hate the crappy sharpness on the Hellruin Glaive.

I'm mostly a utility hunter, but I do have limits.

It would take Honed Edge, Steady Hand, Critical God, Challenger+2, and Evade+1 all activating at once to make me wear Gravios armor, for example.

My favorite looking set just for the sheer doofiness of it all is the full Gravios X set with Icelance Zamtrios. It looks like you'd barely be able to move!

Levelling up GQ, might be Chaos Magala now I think. Also trying to get a good pair of pants for this relic armor thing and maybe a new CB

I know it's ungodly early, so there should be plenty of space.

Yrael

New set:

mlEqUIp.jpg

Waxglare Wand
Selene Helm X
Kushala Cista X
Nargacuga Braces X
Kushala Cocoon X
Selene Greaves X

Giving:
Evasion +3
HG Earplugs
Sharpness +1
Evade Extender
Defence: 731
Attack: 1458 (with 300 poison)

(Or with powercharm + power talon + armorcharm + armor talon:
Defence: 761
Attack: 1539 (with 300 poison))

New set:

Waxglare Wand
Selene Helm X
Kushala Cista X
Nargacuga Braces X
Kushala Cocoon X
Selene Greaves X

Giving:
Evasion +3
HG Earplugs
Sharpness +1
Evade Extender
Defence: 731
Attack: 1458 (with 300 poison)

(Or with powercharm + power talon + armorcharm + armor talon:
Defence: 761
Attack: 1539 (with 300 poison))

Nice! Even looks good fashion-wise.

Wonder what I could get on that if I settled for Evasion+2, regular earplugs, and dropped evade extender.

Yrael

Cheers. :)

I should've mentioned also that the Talisman I'm using for it is +6 Evade Distance OOO (the best one I've been able to find so far). The additional jewels are:

1x Evasion Jewel 2
2x Earplug Jewel 3
1x Artisan Jewel 3
2x Evasion Jewel 1
3x Earplug Jewel 1

Dropping the Evasion and Hearing down a peg opens up quite a bit of space for another skill.

Top Bottom