• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

brau

Bah. Sorry guys. Carted twice cuz people came to bug me. hahaha Then had to drop altogether. I'll play from home without distractions in a few.

Prbly old. But LOL.

upandaway

So many randoms seem to either be playing IG or LS and as a lancer it pretty much means I'm constantly being tripped over, it's starting to become tiresome.
I noticed this too. Even with GAF if I use a lance on a small monster I get tripped quite a bit, it's just impossible to avoid.

If it's a small monster that falls down after a mount, sometimes I couldn't get a single attack in the entire time until it got up (though that was more rare).

So many randoms seem to either be playing IG or LS and as a lancer it pretty much means I'm constantly being tripped over, it's starting to become tiresome.
I use IG and I get tripped a lot too! And the worst part is trying to reposition and not getting twacked out of place again.

tm24

Hmm, i can target a GS set with S+1, Sheath Control, Focus, CritDraw and HGE. But i have to give up my precious Cera GS and go to either Stygian Acedia or Grand Shamsir. I've seen mroe and more people use Grand Shamshir lately. Is the poison that great? I guess i can make both and switch out based on the monster really.

Also, people aren't even trying anymore

LHATyrL.jpg

He had a Brawn +10/Mechanic +10 when he entered the room

Hmm, i can target a GS set with S+1, Sheath Control, Focus, CritDraw and HGE. But i have to give up my precious Cera GS and go to either Stygian Acedia or Grand Shamsir. I've seen mroe and more people use Grand Shamshir lately. Is the poison that great? I guess i can make both and switch out based on the monster really.

It's really the slots most likely. I like Cera but my charms suck so I have to use Shamshir with 3 slots to make up some of the deficits.

Man that's fucking amazing.

As far as GS, both are great. I like the Stygian because most of the Elder Dragons (hell, most of the dragons) have a Dragon weakness. The poison is nice but I always feel like it just doesn't go enough on its own as a Greatsword, unless you have someone else using a faster poison weapon.

tm24

It's really the slots most likely. I like Cera but my charms suck so I have to use Shamshir with 3 slots to make up some of the deficits.
Yeah the slots are pretty amazing. I think i'm willing to give up some dmg for utility. Especially focus. Doing a lv3 charge crit into a full combo should easily cover the dmg difference between the two
Man that's fucking amazing.

As far as GS, both are great. I like the Stygian because most of the Elder Dragons (hell, most of the dragons) have a Dragon weakness. The poison is nice but I always feel like it just doesn't go enough on its own as a Greatsword, unless you have someone else using a faster poison weapon.

Yeah, thats what i was I thinking. The dragon dmg probably adds like 10% roughly if my mental math is right

onionfrog

I'm curious, what mix are you using to get that skill set?

I've got a mix that'll give me HG earplugs, focus, critdraw and sharpness +1. Cant fit any other skills in though.

Damnit, stupid Metroid quest didn't drop an Immenseness Ticket S for me! Ah well, one metroid quest and whatever G-rank stuff on a rotating basis.

Hall ID: 07-5077-0070-8183
P/W: 9099

tm24

Hot dang! I'm on now if your around. What's the best way to get ahold of you?

I can bring my wife too to help.

Let me finish this S. ZInogre and ill create a room

Thunderbolt can also help you get it.

Funny enough, my name is just a shortened version of a dumb nick name one of my friends give me in middle school because i kept stealing his stuff to annoy him. The Thunderbolt is a complete coincidence!

I'm curious, what mix are you using to get that skill set?

I've got a mix that'll give me HG earplugs, focus, critdraw and sharpness +1. Cant fit any other skills in though.
It's probably my charm that sets me up. Here is what Athena's gives me

Garuga Mask
Kaiser Mail X
Pirate King Gloves J (or anything with Torso Inc)
Grand Yamato Koshiate
Grand Yamato Gusoku
-----------------
+4 KO, +4 Hearing OOO

So i just put in Black Belt Vambraces and im good to go. I can make a beefier set if i drop S+1 with the Sedition blade

Funny enough, my name is just a shortened version of a dumb nick name one of my friends give me in middle school because i kept stealing his stuff to annoy him. The Thunderbolt is a complete coincidence!

Boo damnit! I thought I was being smart in picking up your name.

tm24

Boo damnit! I thought I was being smart in picking up your name.

If it makes you feel better, my friend prefers the thunderbolt origin for my name since then he doesn't get called out for being a slightly dumb racist teen! Also, i do own this shirt because of enough people picking up on the name!

http://www.fangamer.com/products/vermillion-gym

Also, yes, for the quest, let me go in first in the left entrance, drop a smoke bomb and dont leave the cliff area.

PrankT

It's been quite a while since I've needed anything and I've reaped some great items in casual gameplay. However, I found a new setup that I need a rathalos mantle for...woe is me.

Fuck it. I die right away. Goddamn leech joins the group, I knew I should have kicked him with that terrible mishmash of skills. When I revived at basecamp, he'd taken everything out of the chest. I need to go back and practice on regular Dalamadur, I'm actually awful.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Yrael

Played with randoms again and met my first actual leech. He spent the first half of the battle at camp; I thought to myself, well, there's a possibility that he just had a phone call/was interrupted/whatever. Then he decided to leave camp, and spent the whole time just running in big circles around Ingle Isle, trying to stay as far away from the Brachy as possible. And of course he died anyway. Lmao.

Tzmhero

Wow, I am seriously surprised. SaraphisCain had mentioned a few times that learning to gun using a Gravios as a target was one of the easiest ways, and i now agree. I had an easier time gunning, something I've never done till today, than using my Switchaxe, which I've used for nearly 60 hours of gameplay.

I was actually having some fun.

Wolfe

Anyone doing anything?

@tm24: yeah that kind of stuff annoys me, the game is easy enough as it is to succeed in without powersaving in impossible charms and whatnot. I mean it doesn't really effect me personally even playing with someone using cheat items, it's just the idea of it that rubs me the wrong way, as if they can't be bothered by play by the games rules (and the rules most everyone else is playing by).

Yrael

Okay, I want to get the Felyne Headband X...but to do that, I need several of Legend Coin G. Apparently the best way to get that is by doing the Triple Tigrex Arena mission...which you can only fight using a Hammer, a Hunting Horn, a Bow, Lance or Gunlance. And of those, only the Hammer and Hunting Horn have Wystones. And the Hunting Horn has Taunt.

...sigh. Looks like I'll be learning to use the Hammer then.
Maybe I should just aim for the Apex Deviljho quest instead. >_> Can't believe that's actually looking like the easiest option, lol.

Wolfe

Anyone that doesn't have a full room doing anything?

My fault for not checking back in the thread quickly enough Jeff :p

Okay, I want to get the Felyne Headband X...but to do that, I need several of Legend Coin G. Apparently the best way to get that is by doing the Triple Tigrex Arena mission...which you can only fight using a Hammer, a Hunting Horn, a Bow, Lance or Gunlance. And of those, only the Hammer and Hunting Horn have Wystones. And the Hunting Horn has Taunt.

...sigh. Looks like I'll be learning to use the Hammer then.
Maybe I should just aim for the Apex Deviljho quest instead. >_> Can't believe that's actually looking like the easiest option, lol.

Make a room and I'll give you a hand, I just want to do something :(

Yrael

Make a room and I'll give you a hand, I just want to do something :(

Thanks for the offer - I think I want to get in a bit of solo practice first though, because I'll probably embarrass myself if I jump into it straight away, haha. xD Is it okay if I let you know later when I'm ready?

Wolfe

Thanks for the offer - I think I want to get in a bit of solo practice first though, because I'll probably embarrass myself if I jump into it straight away, haha. xD Is it okay if I let you know later when I'm ready?

Practice with me or practice without me, whatever you're more comfortable with. Doesn't guarantee that I won't perform worse than you haha!

But yeah, just post up when you want to give it a shot and I'll try to keep an eye out :)

Top Bottom