• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

I should really throw something together with Guard+2 if I'm gonna be as guard point happy as I am. Without Guard+2, when I guard point an enraged Oroshi Kirin ice blast, I still lose like 1/3rd of my health bar.

I saw this post on Reddit and wanted to link the source:

http://pro-hunters.tumblr.com/image/119845837700
tumblr_nowpcoG9yd1r0sqjpo1_1280.jpg

Wanderer5

Back from taking a break from this game heh. Did a brachydios run last night and course I get a gem but no pallium. At this rate I feel like I have much of a chance getting one as becoming the King of Spain.XD

tuffy

Back from taking a break from this game heh. Did a brachydios run last night and course I get a gem but no pallium. At this rate I feel like I have much of a chance getting one as becoming the King of Spain.XD
Try Raging Brachydios. You'll be hip deep in Palliums in no time - and his Immortal Reactor will be hard to find instead.

Or if you play with the same people often enough you'll wind up with a VE Cosmic Ticket that you can trade for a Brach Pallium in the Volcanic Hollow.

Dumb. Still dont know how to take a shot though and I have a New N3DS (Circle Pad Pro helps on many occasions but dosn't feel necessary)

Be on the screen you want to take the screenshot of.

Hit the Home button.

Open Miiverse and create a post.

Choose to attach a screenshot.

Now you'll have to download that screenshot from Miiverse on your PC. Or you can link directly from Miiverse if you're just trying to show it here.

Edit: Gah. Going through my old Miiverse posts reminded me of this crazy waste of time from almost 2 months ago.

zlCfzTNltcEJlcYfzf

Tom_Cody

some solo vids:

Charge Blade:
Lvl 140 Oroshi Kirin 7'56"60

Heavy Bowgun:
G-Rank Gold Rathian 6'31

Hunting Horn:
G-Rank Stygian Zinogre 6'12"36

Bow:
G-Rank Kushala Daora 6'25"73
Raging Brachydios 6'07
G-Rank Shagaru Magala 5'59"96
There's a bunch of Bow videos on jellyppi1004's channel.

Gunlance:
G-Rank Stygian Zinogre 6'25
G-Rank Gore Magala 5'50

Lance:
G-Rank Rathian 1'53 - Basically stunlocks it by hitting only the head lol.

Triple Tigrex Arena Quest 5'24''20 - Not a solo video, but still cool. They both use the hammer set here.

Not sure what to look for to find SnS videos. : <
Thanks for these.

In general I just search for the Japanese weapon names plus MH4G, so "&#29255;&#25163;&#21091; mh4g".
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=片手剣+mh4g

It is? I always was under the impression if you did guild hall stuff offline it had less HP then when done online? Like the same monster would have for example: 1,000 HP in Village, 1,200 Offline Gathering Hall and 1,300 Online Gathering Hall.

Edit: online searches seem to suggest Amethyst is correct, it's the same regardless if you are solo or not, I've been living a lie! Strike out added here as well to prevent misinformation.

In my admittedly very limited experience, not based on the scientific method or anything, I have noticed that if I do a quest in the GH while I am offline (as in, the label is blue and says "Offline"), the monster has similar/same HP to the Caravan. But if I do a quest in the GH and the label is red and says "Internet" then the monster has more HP, no matter if I am solo or not.

I'd love to see something definitive in this regard. Seeing the exact numbers dug from the data files would help a lot. Please burn this message if incorrect.

Wolfe

Exactly! Felt like no time at all. Lots of time to crack jokes and tell stories during the huge time sink that is Lao Shan. We didn't have voice chat, so we just used speaker phone. Or sometimes we'd all bring our consoles to one person's house and do it like that.

Yeah I was able to put in over 700 hours on 3U (on 3DS) because I had 5 or 6 local friends with the game and we'd play together regularly. Didn't even get as far as beating lucent narga or abyssal lagi (going at them solo was part of why I stopped playing, wasn't fun at that point as hammer).

Shagaru 130+ GQ's are probably the hardest thing in this game. The random explosions spawn and explode insanely fast. I ran up and started a running attack, and one popped underneath me as I hit the monster, and exploded before I could roll. After I got up, I hit the button to sheathe my weapon so I could heal, and while in the sheath animation, another pops right under my feet and explodes before the sheath animation finished. Dead.

Yeah... tell me about it lol.

Personally I think farming for charms is a waste of time. Getting the exact charm you want has next to a zero percent chance of happening. It's better to just play high level guild quests and you'll eventually come across some good charms, and the good part is killing actual monsters is more fun than mining the same spots over and over.

It's definitely not something I go into with the intention of getting something good but it's easy money or plenty of supplies for charm melding. Plus while I love Graven charms 99% of my armor sets are still non relic and non mixed so having good Handi and Hearing charms still go a long way for me. If I was to get a better Handi charm for example it would allow for more options on quite a few of my armors.

Diablos is a good practice target.

Also brute Tigrex imo.

I should really throw something together with Guard+2 if I'm gonna be as guard point happy as I am. Without Guard+2, when I guard point an enraged Oroshi Kirin ice blast, I still lose like 1/3rd of my health bar.

I still only have one armor with Guard +2 but I end up using armors with other skills (or looks lol).

Renoir

05 0166 2002 1466
I'm trying to get to g2 any one else is welcome to join. 2 open

Edit: 1 spot left
Eddit :
2open

Wolfe

Brute is a little fast if you're just learning how. Diablos has massive tells and generally a longer windup.

Yeah I just got used to using Tigrex in general for GP practice and figured brute would be the most predictable speed wise. You're definitely right that Diablos is a better choice for someone just attempting it.

One of my other favorite things to practice GP on is rathian/rathalos fireballs. Just feels really satisfying compared to some of the stuff you're typically using guard points against.

Wanderer5

Alright think it time to get to G3, which means fighting chaotic gore, and I would like to see if I can get help from here. Maybe afterward I would like to try a round at Chameleos too.

09-5134-5078-2300

Pass: 8998

Be on the screen you want to take the screenshot of.

Hit the Home button.

Open Miiverse and create a post.

Choose to attach a screenshot.

Now you'll have to download that screenshot from Miiverse on your PC. Or you can link directly from Miiverse if you're just trying to show it here.

Edit: Gah. Going through my old Miiverse posts reminded me of this crazy waste of time from almost 2 months ago.

zlCfzTNltcEJlcYfzf

cool, thanks. yep that's a pain.

PrankT

Unless someone else has a spot, here's a G room: 21-8271-2204-2026, pass 1111

Edit: Room closed. 20 minutes of a quiet, motionless, depressing torture chamber. Drank myself to sleep at the round table.

Unless someone else has a spot, here's a G room: 21-8271-2204-2026, pass 1111

Edit: Room closed. 20 minutes of a quiet, motionless, depressing torture chamber. Drank myself to sleep at the round table.

Sorry you missed the last room. We failed twice on Molten Tiggy and then it all fell apart from there.

Yrael

Now how many of those weren't complete shit?

Not too many, heh. Looking in the talisman box, the best ones I've managed to find by "farming" (excluding Evade Distance +7 OO and Evade Distance +6 OOO, which I already had) are:

Mycology +6 Team Player +10 OOO
Spirit +5 Expert +13 ---
Sharpness +5 Expert +7 ---
Tenderizer +6 FastCharge +4 OOO
Constitution +6 Rapid Fire +1 OOO
Sheathing +8 OO
Dead Eye +1 Sharpness +4 OOO
Hearing +4 Handicraft +6 ---
Stam Recov +7 Handicraft +5 ---
Carving +5 OOO
Fate +4 Wide-Range +12 ---
Handicraft +5 Constitutn -1 OOO
Fate +5 OO
Sheathing +8 Carnivore +2 OO
Potential +7 Destroyer -1 OOO
Guard +6 OOO

Wolfe

Yeah sometimes I get a ton, and I think the most enduring I've gotten in a run was 9, but typically it's all junk I end up holding onto for melding (so really it's helping supply twice the charms in the end).

Wait what. I get like a third of that with Charmer +15 (rathalos run). How

Maybe it's like with Evasion and rank 1/2 are practically the same while rank 3 is a decent bump up? I have Charm god on my Hawksuit (my gathering set) and the pic he posted is typical if I'm doing gold and silver nodes although most of the time I stick with gold nodes.

Anyone want/need to do anything in particular?

Yrael

I believe the probability of mining 2 Talismans at once is 20% for Charm Collector, 30% for Charm Chaser and 50% for Charm God.

My favourite quest for charm farming is Mountain Rescue. Eat for Explorer, mine the nodes, kill 8 Ioprey and finish via subquest.

Wolfe

That's the one I use as swell, easy enough to just poop the Zin as he enters area 5 while you're killing the Io's and by the time you re-enter the room he's long gone and you can finish off the kills.

Plus I still haven't picked up IG :p

Edit: and yeah the %'s you posted would follow the typical kind of ramp up other skills have as well so that would make sense. I gave up speed gathering for full on Charm God and I definitely feel it's worth it.

Top Bottom