• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wolfe

Maybe probably.

Edit: Did you add the n3DS sparkly in the time I posted that? Now add it to mine to make Mikey look even more surprised :p

Wolfe

Ah ok, just thought it was funny that by the time the page refreshed after I posted my reply your avatar changed.

Ah ok, just thought it was funny that by the time the page refreshed after I posted my reply your avatar changed.

Yeah I tried to change it on mobile GAF but it doesn't work so I hopped on my laptop to do it.

63-9478-6633-9661
pw: 1111

If anybody wants to join. Doing anything right now. (but no super uka, fuck that guy)

Wolfe

Slow night it seems but still fun, thanks for the hunts Jeff/Deimos.

Maybe next time I won't cart on every quest lol.

Shengar

Damn, if only my second class end sooner!
So I guess there's no one hunting anything? I'll probably lock my 3DS down somewhere for the next two weeks, but I would like a nice hunt before doing that.

New trailer for the Monster Hunter arcade game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04vPJxwWuyk

I have no idea how it is played.

Looks like a turn based game to me. Here's hoping Monster Hunter 5 lets you do sick companion combos.

Also I wish this case existed for Galaxy S5s.

tumblr_np25j7f0Cm1sc2rhqo1_540.jpg

If anyone wants to hunt now I have about a half an hour before I need to head out.

Damn, if only my second class end sooner!
So I guess there's no one hunting anything? I'll probably lock my 3DS down somewhere for the next two weeks, but I would like a nice hunt before doing that.

Are your finals over the next 2 weeks or something?

Mine were 2 weeks ago. I did mostly well, though I did fail one class for the first time in my life.

tuffy

For the first time since Great Jaggi, I actually mounted something! A team of skilled GAF regulars was tackling Seregios in the Dunes and knocked him over, but I couldn't shoot him since he was on the wrong side of the big dune in area 2. So I decided to roll over the top of it and give him a whack with my bowgun on the way down. I was so surprised when I went through the mounting animation that it took a moment to remember which buttons to hold and mash to bring it down.

I was quite pleased when I finally knocked him over and can see why it's so popular.

Yrael

For the first time since Great Jaggi, I actually mounted something! A team of skilled GAF regulars was tackling Seregios in the Dunes and knocked him over, but I couldn't shoot him since he was on the wrong side of the big dune in area 2. So I decided to roll over the top of it and give him a whack with my bowgun on the way down. I was so surprised when I went through the mounting animation that it took a moment to remember which buttons to hold and mash to bring it down.

I was quite pleased when I finally knocked him over and can see why it's so popular.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. :D

Does anyone know which quests will be included in the next lot of DLC?

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. :D

Nope, although I'm reasonably sure the Dante palico costume is going to be in it. I'm praying for G-Rank S.Rath, and I know a lot of people are waiting for the Star Knight set.

Shengar

Are your finals over the next 2 weeks or something?

Mine were 2 weeks ago. I did mostly well, though I did fail one class for the first time in my life.

Over the next two weeks. I'm doing fine on most of my class, it's just this particular one that put me into great stress since the beginning of this semester. So stressed that I'm convinced myself that I'm playing MH4U not because I'm running from it. When it's over though, it'll be just MH4U and me.

It get old fast when you considered mounting as duty.

Also, does recoil still affect your shot when in HBG siege mode?

Yrael

Nope, although I'm reasonably sure the Dante palico costume is going to be in it. I'm praying for G-Rank S.Rath, and I know a lot of people are waiting for the Star Knight set.

Same - really want Gold Rathian in particular for the armour, though it'll also be nice to finally get the Rathscension Switch Axe.

I loved that too!

I think it was something like...

Sassy: I mounted it!?

tuffy

Assuming we're getting stuff at the same rate as the Japanese release, we could get a G rank Dah'ren Mohran, 10x Desert Seltas hunt, and a challenge to cut Rathian's tail using a rare 1 weapon. But nothing's been announced for certain.
It get old fast when you considered mounting as duty.

Also, does recoil still affect your shot when in HBG siege mode?
Yeah, I can see how mounting could wear out its welcome if done all the time since there's not much to the minigame.

And recoil level does affect HBG's siege mode shots just as it would when firing them normally.

Shengar

Yeah, I can see how mounting could wear out its welcome if done all the time since there's not much to the minigame.

And recoil level does affect HBG's siege mode shots just as it would when firing them normally.

I see, that's why recoil skill still essential for Gravios or Regios HBG.
Also, does rapid pierce 2 any good? I read that it isn't any good, so it kinda makes me regret my decision on building Nether Phloxion :s

tuffy

I see, that's why recoil skill still essential for Gravios or Regios HBG.
Also, does rapid pierce 2 any good? I read that it isn't any good, so it kinda makes me regret my decision on building Nether Phloxion :s
In theory, rapid pierce 2 should be powerful and very ammo-efficient against big targets. The problem is that its "average" delay after a rapid-fire barrage is very dangerous. I tried it on a test run against Dalamadur and found it's a great way to take falling meteors to the face.

I've had much more success with the Phloxion against Akantor who's also quite weak to thunder and offers more big safe openings to unload all those shots.

Shengar

In theory, rapid pierce 2 should be powerful and very ammo-efficient against big targets. The problem is that its "average" delay after a rapid-fire barrage is very dangerous. I tried it on a test run against Dalamadur and found it's a great way to take falling meteors to the face.

I've had much more success with the Phloxion against Akantor who's also quite weak to thunder and offers more big safe openings to unload all those shots.

And there's no way to reduce that waiting time right?

tuffy

And there's no way to reduce that waiting time right?
Rapid-fire delays are fixed, so the only option is to take the limiter off and forgo rapid-fire altogether.

I suppose it would be too game-breaking to lower those delays. But that means weapons like the Searulean Firebath and Stygian Invidia are more practical for typical hunts because their elemental shot delays are "low" instead.

Qurupeke

Hmm, has anyone finished the Three Virtues and made the Link armor?

I'm considering that quest some time down the road.

Yeah, probably one of the hardest HR quests out there. In G Rank it's pretty easy though. I think the fact that I saw Rajang there first was its most shocking aspect.

Shengar

Rapid-fire delays are fixed, so the only option is to take the limiter off and forgo rapid-fire altogether.

I suppose it would be too game-breaking to lower those delays. But that means weapons like the Searulean Firebath and Stygian Invidia are more practical for typical hunts because their elemental shot delays are "low" instead.

Damn, that really sucks :s
I thought my Grand Epoch set+Nether Phloxion will bulldoze very big monsters. Think I might used that full set with an HBG instead, between Eigoh or Destiny's Arm.

Same - really want Gold Rathian in particular for the armour, though it'll also be nice to finally get the Rathscension Switch Axe.

I'm saving my mantle for the CB. That thing is the only Impact CB with fire element, and its damage isn't too shabby either.

But I might end up going SA if I happen to get a good Relic Impact Fire CB.

What's everyone's favorite monster? I don't mean this in terms of easy to kill monsters like Seltas but design-wise.

What self respecting hunter would pick easy to kill monsters as their favorite? XD

Design though, hmm...

Chameleos (this is taking into consideration the lore behind it being able to go invisible)
or
Savage Jho because MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON BREATH SAIYAN HAIR.

tuffy

What's everyone's favorite monster? I don't mean this in terms of easy to kill monsters like Seltas but design-wise.
I love the whole Gore Magala family. They have just enough wind-up to their attacks that it's really easy to get in the zone while fighting them. I like their designs too. If I see Gore shows up as an expedition monster, I'll actually drop what I'm doing to go hunt him down no matter what rank he's at.

I like Seregios too, though he's not quite as fun to fight. He doesn't look or move quite like anything else in the game.

brau

Question

Is there a savage jho g rank guild quest? i've seen this mentioned before, but i am not sure. So far can only find him in expeditions.

Shengar

My top ten in particular order:

Ivory Lagiacrus
Lucent Nargacuga
Chameleos
Great Wroggi
Teostra
Goldbeard Ceadeus
Rajang
Deviljho
Nibelsnarf
Mohran brothers

Question

Is there a savage jho g rank guild quest? i've seen this mentioned before, but i am not sure. So far can only find him in expeditions.

G Rank Savage Jho is exclusive to G Rank expedition until DLC hits.

Yrael

Teostra and Lunastra, easily. They're lion dragons!

Aside from those two, I also like Barioth, Nargacuga (sensing a theme here?) and Crimson Fatalis.

With the asterisk that I've only played MH4U, Dalamadur and Dah'ren blew me away with the scale of the monster battle. Gogmazios too. Killing them feels like and incredible accomplishment every time.

Quadraxis

I dont't know why, but i love the design of the Nerscylla. It's just so unique when looking at all the monsters. the way it moves, the attacks etc. Chameleos is a close second though ;)

Shengar

I love the whole Gore Magala family. They have just enough wind-up to their attacks that it's really easy to get in the zone while fighting them. I like their designs too. If I see Gore shows up as an expedition monster, I'll actually drop what I'm doing to go hunt him down no matter what rank he's at.

I like Seregios too, though he's not quite as fun to fight. He doesn't look or move quite like anything else in the game.
The byproduct of modern MH design. I'm glad that they went bold with Tri or we'll stuck with Flying Wyvern template #112.
Teostra and Lunastra, easily. They're lion dragons!

Aside from those two, I also like Barioth, Nargacuga (sensing a theme here?) and Crimson Fatalis.
Monsters with wings? :p
Teostra has the most epic theme song.

The best
Well, maybe second only to Ceadeus second theme.

Ceadeus second theme.

Good call. Moonquake is right up there with Chameleos theme for me.

Live version of The Lunar Abyss transitioning into Moonquake (Both Ceadeus themes)

The byproduct of modern MH design. I'm glad that they went bold with Tri or we'll stuck with Flying Wyvern template #112.
Monsters with wings? :p
The best
Well, maybe second only to Ceadeus second theme.

Considering the avatar, the lion comment, and the other listed monsters, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Yrael likes cats and catlike things.

Shengar

:O this sounds even more epic! i would love to go to a live concern of MH music.
The best thing with Japanese publishers is that they do this a lot with their most popular game that have great music to begin with.
Good call. Moonquake is right up there with Chameleos theme for me.

Live version of The Lunar Abyss transitioning into Moonquake (Both Ceadeus themes)

Chameleos is definitely top tier too. The somehow able to make "jungle" feel by mixing modern instrument with Japanese traditional flute, that's amazing. I just wish the music isn't muffled when it's enraged since I can barely hear the flute, my favorit part :s

brau

The best thing with Japanese publishers is that they do this a lot with their most popular game that have great music to begin with.

Chameleos is definitely top tier too. The somehow able to make "jungle" feel by mixing modern instrument with Japanese traditional flute, that's amazing. I just wish the music isn't muffled when it's enraged since I can barely hear the flute, my favorit part :s

Totally. I have so many ost of games. Orchestrated ones and originals. So good. But i am loving this latest Mh4 ost.

Also.. the New 3DS has great speakers.

The gameplay implications of the theme getting muffled is what makes Chameleos my favorite. Otherwise, Ceadeus's Moonquake would be #1 for me.

I can't think of any other theme besides Chameleos that incorporates the sound of the music with the actual battle. Unless you count Khezu not having music at all, but that's lol.

Hellraider

Nargacuga.We used to farm him with a friend to get his G rank armor in FU. I already had the armor and it was so much fun fighting a super fast monster like it with a dodge oriented armor.

I miss him. :(

Top Bottom