• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Shengar

Totally. I have so many ost of games. Orchestrated ones and originals. So good. But i am loving this latest Mh4 ost.

Also.. the New 3DS has great speakers.
I'm stuck with 3DS XL horrible speaker, so I can't really enjoy the music to the fullest.
The gameplay implications of the theme getting muffled is what makes Chameleos my favorite. Otherwise, Ceadeus's Moonquake would be #1 for me.

I can't think of any other theme besides Chameleos that incorporates the sound of the music with the actual battle. Unless you count Khezu not having music at all, but that's lol.
I think that what makes Khezu musicless battle fantastic in gameplay design-wise. It makes the battle feels eerily fits Khezu unusual shape and especially so when it let out its shrieking screams. But of course while it's sounds great conceptually, it doesn't really work well when all it does is spamming cheap electric discharge.
Nargacuga.We used to farm him with a friend to get his G rank armor in FU. I already had the armor and it was so much fun fighting a super fast monster like with a dodge oriented armor.

I miss him. :(

It'll better make a return complete with apex version

But of course while it's sounds great conceptually, it doesn't really work well when all it does is spamming cheap electric discharge.

Yeah, Khezu's not one of my favorites. He's either too easy, or he just stands in place and just lightning armors over and over.

Shengar

Yeah, Khezu's not one of my favorites. He's either too easy, or he just stands in place and just lightning armors over and over.
Gigginox will be much better tbh, but instead they give it a music :s
You really should upgrade if you can. N3DS is awesome. Not to mention its a lot nicer to run MH4 at 60fps.

I can't upgrade until Hori make a worthwhile grip for the N3DS. Plus, their MH4G Expansion Slide Pad really work in tandem with Regios LBG.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I didn't expect much when I started playing around with the Zero Suit set, but this is actually really fun to play with. 600 Blast on a SnS is pretty sweet and I can basically roll through anything. Plus, it feels like I'm wearing, nothing at all.. nothing at all..

Z6ID0eJ.jpg
Nmb1CM9.jpg

06WOZeD.jpg
p6N9IIr.jpg

Does the game actually run at 60fps on N3DS?

Yeah, with occasional drops. Sometimes the reasons for the drops are weird. Like, it'll be fine with 2 monsters on the screen, but then if you kill one and it's a corpse plus one live monster, suddenly drops.

Other times the drops are more predictable. Still, mostly 60.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We have a mix of N3DS and OG 3DS at our meetup. The framerate difference is night and day. MH4U OG 3DS actually makes me a little queezy looking at it now, even though I played it on OG 3DS for about a week before my N3DS came in.

Shengar

I LOVED GIGGI. HAMMERING GIGGI IS SO FUN.
Annoying prick they are, always shoot me with their poison fluid after I chug an antidote. Every, single, time.
I believe so. Very fluid. Runs like MH3U on the 3ds. Also. better texture resolution.

http://imgur.com/a/rzLJb

another link.

http://i.imgur.com/yhSUfuI.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

60fps and better is what really tempts me to upgrade my 3DS. Plus it can post screenshot on the Miiverse so that I can spam how beautiful the Rath Soul Z set is. But really, I'm too attached to my 3DS CPP grip that I feel I become dependent on it :s

Also to those who play MH4U on N3DS, does it gives you massive handcramp after a long hunting session?

brau

60fps and better is what really tempts me to upgrade my 3DS. Plus it can post screenshot on the Miiverse so that I can spam how beautiful the Rath Soul Z set is. But really, I'm too attached to my 3DS CPP grip that I feel I become dependent on it :s

Also to those who play MH4U on N3DS, does it gives you massive handcramp after a long hunting session?

No issues here, and i just use my N3DS as is, and Tuffy can be witness, that we have played for like 3 hrs straight. Very comfortable.

I've got my N3DS nestled in a cheap 3rd party grip and it's actually quite comfortable! No hand cramps at all.

Which grip do you use?

Does anyone know how I gain access to a quest called "Pink Problems"?

Kiranico has a prereq listed as "Hunter in Green and Red". I'm HR 46 and the quest is listed as a Guild 8* quest but I only see guild 7* quest in my game. Is HR20 thru X considered Guild 8* or something? I need the Pink problems quest to upgrade my wycoon for trading parts....

brau

Kiranico has a prereq listed as "Hunter in Green and Red". I'm HR 46 and the quest is listed as a Guild 8* quest but I only see guild 7* quest in my game. Is HR20 thru X considered Guild 8* or something? I need the Pink problems quest to upgrade my wycoon for trading parts....

You must need to do a certain mission before it unlocks that one.

Sounds like you need to go to the Elder Hall over by Dundorma. That's where the guild 8 and up quests are. They are called g1, g2, and g3 in the game, not 8, 9, and 10.

Shengar

Gigginox is poison?

Huh. Didn't know because I guess it's never poisoned me before.

I'm just joking. <3
I always get hit by Nargacuga backstab attack and I can't consistently evade its tail slam despite having Evade+1 skill
I'm really suck at this >__>
If they bring back Gigginox for MH5 we need Wroggi back cause that natural negate poison was such a boon.

Too bad the female armor version looks so bad though. For the male we have cool cowboy outfit but for the female we got cowgirl version of Kirin armor instead? At least Kirin armor looks ridiculous (or sexy for many) for both gender.

Yrael

Yrael

Too bad the female armor version looks so bad though. For the male we have cool cowboy outfit but for the female we got cowgirl version of Kirin armor instead? At least Kirin armor looks ridiculous (or sexy for many) for both gender.

Yeah, I hated this. I wish the Wroggi armour sets looked similar.

I always get hit by Nargacuga backstab attack and I can't consistently evade its tail slam despite having Evade+1 skill
I'm really suck at this >__>

I miss my poncho but not enough for relic hunting and you are right, they should have been more uniform between both genders.

Hey I do that already. Didn't even realize that was what helped me run like a goober.

Top Bottom