• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Qurupeke

Caravaneer's Challenge is really easy if you let Rajang kill Zinogre. I kept hearing this but I thought that people would exaggerate.

Honestly the first time I saw Jho I thought it was a big blubbery goofball. Then someone in my party used their chat shortcut of RUN!!! and I figured that was probably good advice.

Caravaneer's Challenge is really easy if you let Rajang kill Zinogre. I kept hearing this but I thought that people would exaggerate.

It's easy if you're smart with Smoke Bombs but wut? How?

upandaway

Googled a bit and turns out Charm God is that much better so I took it for a spin (with Gathering +1). Yeah I'm seeing much better numbers now.

Also tried out the S. Zinogre quest instead of the rathalos one that some of you said you like... yeah um what. That took much longer and was more tedious. I'm done with a rathalos run in maximum 4-4:30, killing the Ioprey took forever, and all you get is some ioprey loot (I got almost my entire Lagi X set using the rathalos leftovers from charm runs, including a mantle).

Also got a Handi +6 O today, woo

2743444-6702353824-tumbl.gif

tuffy

I think Savage Deviljho is currently the only monster I've not faced yet...
Bring all the dung bombs.

For the G rank expedition Savage, I used the Felyne Foodie + Fortify skill trick. Doesn't matter how many times you get carted since you can just wear him down through attrition.
Rajang loves to spam his lightning beam from across the room and Zinogre loves to stand around charging up, so it's a perfect match!

Beats

I think my best handicraft charms that I've gotten from mining are:
+8 Protection Handicraft +7 and Handicraft+5 OO.

Still trying to find a +14 Artillery Charm with some slots. Dunno if that's possible.

Qurupeke

It's easy if you're smart with Smoke Bombs but wut? How?

Ι was running around placing Zinogre between me and Rajang. The two of them kept hitting each other and after 20~ minutes Zinogre was down. I barely touched it. Rajang was weakened too and it took only a few hits to bring it down. The only obstacle in the quest was Shagaru Magala.

tuffy

I think my best handicraft charms that I've gotten from mining are:
+8 Protection Handicraft +7 and Handicraft+5 OO.

Still trying to find a +14 Artillery Charm with some slots. Dunno if that's possible.
I got a 2 slot, Potential +6, Artillery +14 charm just the other day in a quest reward so it's definitely possible.

I also wound up with a Spirit +5, Handicraft +7 charm ages ago.

I'd trade them both for some better Pierce Up or Normal Up charms if I could.

upandaway

I got a 2 slot, Potential +6, Artillery +14 charm just the other day in a quest reward so it's definitely possible.

My best Pierce Up charm is a Pierce Up +6 Gloves Off +8 that I'm using on full Regios X, for both skills, and I really like it. I gave up on Evade Extender though.

Beats

Hmm, guess I'll keep trying. I want one like that for my gunlance set and possibly for rapid fire explosive shots. :eek:

Thanks guys, we made it, even if I carted twice. second cart was because of a dragon breath in my back from the Jho I lost sight of. One-shot.

Thanks guys, we made it, even if I carted twice. second cart was because of a dragon breath in my back from the Jho I lost sight of. One-shot.

All good. That was more intense than my first run of that quest, where I separated the two with smoke bombs at the start. Both Jhos were alert from the beginning this time.

Can you Great Sword mains help me understand the Akantor and Ukanlos weapons? Even with S+1 they have terrible sharpness but the attack power is amazing. Are they worth making and if so do you really need minds eye to get the most out of them?

Wolfe

Nope, although I'm reasonably sure the Dante palico costume is going to be in it. I'm praying for G-Rank S.Rath, and I know a lot of people are waiting for the Star Knight set.

Same - really want Gold Rathian in particular for the armour, though it'll also be nice to finally get the Rathscension Switch Axe.

I know a lot of people are waiting for S. Rath for weapon upgrades but as far as the sets go the G rank S. Rath looks like butt. Dunno why it looks so poopy but at least the relic sets look bomb.

Now G rank G. Rath armor I'm really looking forward to, looks super cool like a golden knight lol. Don't even care what the skills are :p

The real question is... When is the FF armor coming?

Was kinda bummed when I saw how those look, gimme the Pirate J stuff instead :(

Hmm, has anyone finished the Three Virtues and made the Link armor?

I'm considering that quest some time down the road.

I have but given the only skills it gives are awaken and good luck, kinda more a cosplay set. Felt like I could do more with the Uniqlo stuff. Link outfit still looks rad especially when paired with the master sword though.

Googled a bit and turns out Charm God is that much better so I took it for a spin (with Gathering +1). Yeah I'm seeing much better numbers now.

Also tried out the S. Zinogre quest instead of the rathalos one that some of you said you like... yeah um what. That took much longer and was more tedious. I'm done with a rathalos run in maximum 4-4:30, killing the Ioprey took forever, and all you get is some ioprey loot (I got almost my entire Lagi X set using the rathalos leftovers from charm runs, including a mantle).

As I mentioned before I don't play IG and as it stands I don't need rathalos parts at all (made full Lagi a while back and I've had 5+ mantles for even longer). In the end I do the io runs at around 6 minutes each which isn't a big deal to me. Just nice to have a second option where I don't have to screw around with the big main monster :)

Grats on the charm btw, still hunting for a +5 or more with 3 sockets so I can replace my current +4 Handi with 3 sockets.

Ι was running around placing Zinogre between me and Rajang. The two of them kept hitting each other and after 20~ minutes Zinogre was down. I barely touched it. Rajang was weakened too and it took only a few hits to bring it down. The only obstacle in the quest was Shagaru Magala.

I get that it might be easier but given how quickly you can kill the Zinogre and Rajang solo with smoke bombs 20 minutes sounds like a long time @_@

Still, it's been a while since I've done that quest, should prolly run it again to see if I'm talking out of my ass or not lol.

Can you Great Sword mains help me understand the Akantor and Ukanlos weapons? Even with S+1 they have terrible sharpness but the attack power is amazing. Are they worth making and if so do you really need minds eye to get the most out of them?

Jeff:

Try this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLgspZi6CM

Gaijin explains it very well, and I don't use Akantor or Ukanlos (even though they look cool), because of their terrible sharpness. I'd make one with leftover parts, but I could probably take that weapon to finish off caravan for quick kills.

I have Mind's Eye on Diablos X and it helps to fight some monsters such as Kirin where you normally cannot strike its back. I am mainly manning a Shamshir (Chameleos GS) since it has 3 slots that I need currently, while I am searching for a new charm.

brau

I control everything on my network so I don't think that's it. =P

Do you usually have good connection all the time? flux on time of your connection sometimes will give you problems. When i get disconnects frequently i just restart my router and that usually helps big time.

I control everything on my network so I don't think that's it. =P

Just for testing purposes, have you tried using your phone as a wifi hotspot? MH4U barely uses any data, so data limits aren't a concern. I've done this several times on my Galaxy S5, Verizon, 4G, and it works flawlessly.

If it works, then the problem is probably something in the home network. It's always frustrating when something works normally and then suddenly stops working normally and you didn't make any changes. Makes it really hard to pinpoint. But if you are creative and persistent I am sure you can find the culprit.

Top Bottom