• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Highwind

Hey guys is the Shah Dala armor worth making? I would only need 1 ripper thing to make it.

It's usable. Not as good as some of the other end game sets but looks good and the skills are alright for what you get.

The helm is useful for Edgemaster sets but it didn't feel right only having one piece so I went ahead and made the whole thing. ^_^

The regular Dalamadur sets are completely terrible so I stay away from them unless it's relic armour.

Speaking of relic....there are are some really awesome relic skins I found. It's a shame getting everything is a massive grind. :(((((((((((((

What data is saved to an SD card in a physical version of the game? A friend of mine was complaining that the game kept prompting him about an SD card at the start of the game, even though he seems to be able to save everything fine as he plays.

spiritfox

What data is saved to an SD card in a physical version of the game? A friend of mine was complaining that the game kept prompting him about an SD card at the start of the game, even though he seems to be able to save everything fine as he plays.

DLC and Streetpass stuff only IIRC. All other data is saved on the card.

andthebeatgoeson

I got the Vulcanis GS by mining in a mission. Didn't plan on using a GS but you can't escape fate! I've heard great things about the slime status from Adam, so that's a plus too.

I've got the mats to upgrade it too, should I dip?
Needs awaken. I main gs and got one. Upgraded to the final sword and use it a lot due to it's 3 slots. But you need awaken for blast.

also

Banned
The final solo Rajang quest is absolutely insane.

There's a really cheap effective way to beat it if you're using the charge blade:

-Charge you shield and your vials by attacking small monsters (Jaggies in area 8, 4, 9, Kelbi's in area 3). The fastest way to charge is to do 2 charge strikes. Charging your shield with 3 vials is enough.
-Lay a shock trap (pitfalls only work when he's in rage mode)
-Unleash a Ultra burst

Rinse and repeat.

After 3 ultra bursts and a couple of hits it will be almost dead. If you also manage to trap it in a pitfall trap your victory is assured.
This method also makes it relatively easy to break its horns though aiming the ultra burst can be a bit tricky.

Ulthwe

Needs awaken. I main gs and got one. Upgraded to the final sword and use it a lot due to it's 3 slots. But you need awaken for blast.
Yep, did a 8* gathering quest with it and noticed the lack of explosions against a G. Jaggi.

Damn, it seems that it isn't possible to get awaken before G rank.

Rawk Hawk

Finally installed Athena's, wow is that awesome. One thing that kept annoying me was that it would keep adding in Skull Visage and other HR items, started going advanced to remove it, or sorted by rarity to avoid it. Although there is that black belt helm I would wear, I don't really want to wear the skull, even if it means better skills, lol.

Looks like for the stuff I sort of want (HGE, Razor Sharp, Evasion+, Horn Maestro, Attack Up) I can get evasion+1 and Atk up L with Molton's full hear, or some mix of them using Garuga, Savage Jho and Molton mixed. So I think those will be my next three main targets after that illusive Reactor.

Overall a pretty fun program, renamed it though so my wife doesn't think I'm hiding things on the PC. I can just imagine "Who the hell is Athena and why do you have pictures of her ass?"

tuffy

Finally installed Athena's, wow is that awesome. One thing that kept annoying me was that it would keep adding in Skull Visage and other HR items, started going advanced to remove it, or sorted by rarity to avoid it. Although there is that black belt helm I would wear, I don't really want to wear the skull, even if it means better skills, lol.
Un-checking "Allow Lower Tier Armor" in the options should also keep the Skull Visage and all those HR items out of the results. And yeah, that's one hideous piece of armor. Even if there was a G rank version, I'd rather go without.

Shengar

Hey guys guess who I need to beat up today? It's Rajang and his Furious brother too.
Can you throw some Seltas Queen into the mix? No? Oh well, I guess Furious Rajang is fine too. need some ghoulish gold gorer and heart (why the hell regular rajang won't drop their heart anyway?)

This game is absolute crack but I think I'm most surprised at how much I'm enjoying the single player this time around compared to Tri. There's so many other things to do what with Expeditions and all the fun Felyne mechanics and minigames available to you.

Rawk Hawk

Un-checking "Allow Lower Tier Armor" in the options should also keep the Skull Visage and all those HR items out of the results. And yeah, that's one hideous piece of armor. Even if there was a G rank version, I'd rather go without.
Oh cool, I didn't know that was there, kept going in advanced and unchecking it. Thanks!

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone want to farm high rank Furious Rajang later today (maybe in about 2 hours)? I need a couple of nerves to make one of the two high rank charge blades I'm missing. I don't mind if you have G rank gear since I've already done the quest solo and just want things to go as quickly as possible.

Just reached LR Shagaru Magala. Feels bad going through this so slowly.

High rank progresses pretty quickly considering how fast you can get an armor set that will last you until G rank (I'm talking about Monoblos armor).

Wiseblade

Anyone want to farm high rank Furious Rajang later today (maybe in about 2 hours)? I need a couple of nerves to make one of the two high rank charge blades I'm missing. I don't mind if you have G rank gear since I've already done the quest solo and just want things to go as quickly as possible.
I'm definitely in.

250h and I still don't have a rusted lance.

TfoYSxcm.jpg

also

Banned
Isn't it a waste of nerves to forge Nobles of Lieges? You can forge its upgrade directly with much more common materials.

upandaway

I'm farming that hunt-a-thon Zinogre quest. What about you?
Just going on Dunes(N) harvest tours since that's easiest when I'm between classes. Got nothing so far.

In general I feel like lances got the shaft this game. The Rare 9 lance choices and G2 armor sets are both way worse than my other weapons, and the good rare 10 lances are so far into endgame.

Just going on Dunes(N) harvest tours since that's easiest when I'm between classes. Got nothing so far.

In general I feel like lances got the shaft this game. The Rare 9 lance choices and G2 armor sets are both way worse than my other weapons, and the good rare 10 lances are so far into endgame.
I JUST FOUND IT! SHIT!

Try the 8☆ hunt-a-thon Zinogre quest, eat fish+drink for Felyne Explorer and mine area 2, 3, 6 and 7. You can end via sub-quest (kill 5 Ioprey in area 5).

I came here to ask a question, but now I also have to share the good fortune the game has blessed upon me. I just did a random battlequarter quest against Chameleos (had no idea these even existed) and got a large elder dragon quest and 4 Chameleos gems (don't really need the Chameleos gems, but still nice). It's almost scary how crazy generous the game has been to me lately. I was planning to fight Gore Magala before one of the G counter girls sprung that quest on me.

I also got 2 Shagaru Magala Mantles from one Shagaru Magala earlier. I swear this game has better drop rates for rare stuff than previous games.

OK, my question. Is it better to get Challenger+2 or Sharpness+1 if it gets my weapon to purple sharpness? I have the Doomfang "Envoys" and Le Shangri-la (both are dual blades) in mind.

Chuckpebble

Item sets, armor sets for you and your felynes, as well as customized chat macros are all saved on the SD card in addition to what was already mentioned.

TfoYSxcm.jpg

We suffer together

I got two, as well as a long sword, demons and gods isle, and a hammer. All I want is the Deus Obelisk that I loved so much from 3U. How I wish they could be traded.

Wanderer5

Course I get DC for the first time in a while when I found a good group for chaotic gore, because this game wants me to hate it.

*sigh* guess I try again tonight.

Wolfe

Had some fun looking for endgame armors, and saw this:

Focus
Honed Blade
Challenger +2
Latent Power +1

Rebellion Helm Z
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Grand Divine Ire Kote
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Miralis Drogues
-----------------
+4 FastCharge OO-
-----------------
1x Charger Jewel 3
2x Spirit Jewel 2
2x Charger Jewel 1

Really tempted to make it
or at least I will be once I have quests for any of these parts

Replace Latent Power with Evade Extender and you have the Honed blade set I mentioned above, nice setup. I just really wish I could get Razor Sharp into it, purple runs out too fast t_t

Speaking of relic....there are are some really awesome relic skins I found. It's a shame getting everything is a massive grind. :(((((((((((((

Tell me about it! >_<

PrankT

I use it on quite a few sets! I think it looks ok when dark grey or black.

Wolfe

Lol yeah I made the helmet and stopped there, at some point I'll make the rest but damn each piece needs 2-3 of the item :p

Not that the quest isn't fast with 4 people and a great way to farm zeniths (which I will also use the quest for lol) but still, if you want the set that's a lot of runs.

Riposte

TfoYSxcm.jpg

That's for Daora lance right? I just upgraded that.

I currently racking my brain on building a G rank lance set or two. Trying to decide between Guard+2 and Sharpness+1 or Guard+2 and other stuff (such as +1-3 elemental bonus). For my Rajang lance I think I really need Sharpness+1 lol (it's green).

I basically jumped into the deep end learning Lance (although I did play it in Tri, I basically forgot a lot about it, never mind the new stuff). Went straight into solo G rank missions lol. Was very frustrating, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

EDIT: How do you take screenshots online? I've seen some humorous monster death poses that I wish I captured.

Unicorn

Here I am seething at Teostra again, this time in G rank online. So many boosted hunters in here trying to boost to their Teostra CB (or whatever he spits out that everyone wants). Wasted 2 hours and didn't kill him once. Back to Jet Set Radio grinding for Jet ranks...

Top Bottom