• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wolfe

Made a G turns room.

02-8820-2338-3064

Another spot opened up.

Good hunts guys!

Level 140 Chameleos is a real piece of work. I'm honestly glad we only did that one once!

Lol tell me about it, I don't like busting it out often just because it can be a pain but I'm still looking for that sweet Edgemaster Rebellion chest :p

Wanderer5

Chameleos is quite a interesting monster, and a bit creepy looking.:p

MH4U-Chameleos_Screenshot_001.png

Also lol I got two large elder dragon gem from one hunt of him. Could use one for the wing of judgement. Possibly use the other for elder dragon armor/weapons.

Kater

Banned
Chameleos is really tough and toppling him is very difficult on the first few tries.

I love his armour and his design himself tho. He, Gog and Teostra are my favourite Elder Dragons in this game.

Wait, did this month's episodic not give...like...anything.

No cat. No housekeeper. Nothing outside of the tickets?
I think there's a Felyne you can download. "Pink Pal", so basically Healing.

Edit: Oh, you meant from the quest itself.

Wolfe

Plus if you think 140 Cham is a pain, just wait till your first 140 Shagaru >_<

Zet and Clara, guess my connection finally crapped out.

Wolfe

Yessir, anyone else want to throw a room up?

Edit: don't hate me for this but I'm upset at the Edgemaster +3/3 sockets charm I just got, because all my honed blade sets (1 set lol) is based off a +4 edgemaster charm ~_~

I mean I know it's rad, it's just not rad for my setup :(

Now if I was to find that sweet +4 edgemaster chest I'm looking for I'd be set lol.

Wanderer5

Hm the Chameleos armor looks like a great poison (status overall) set, but guess that make sense heh. I doubt I be lucky with getting a elder dragon gem as much as I did heh, so I should use the one leftover wisely, unless I don't make the Wing of Judgement in the end.

co1onel

Darn I just got what would have been the perfect relic sns if only it had 3 slots instead of 2. Has max raw, poison, and gets purple sharpness.

On a side note, capcom's servers just exploded for an second there. Everyone I know got kicked off.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you farm 12 c.fatalis in a row and then realize the gem you need actually drops from akantor.

(&#12541;´&#969;`)

mitchlol

Purchased this game at launch but for some reason fell out of touch after about 20 hours, started playing Friday, played for a good 15 hours over the weekend... It's so damn good! Multiplayer is where its at :D

Got up to HR 3 ( I know that low and shit ) but what a blast, and I wasn't even playing with people I knew.

Beating Tidal Najarala took so much out of me lol. Downed it with 1 or so min left on the clock. Probably would have been easier if it wasn't an elder hall mission, but still easily one of the hardest fights in the game (solo). Maybe it's just because I've been using lance.
Tidal Najarala is terrible. I used an insect glaive and resorted to non-stop pole vaulting and mounting when I had to do the key quest. I captured it with only a few minutes left on the timer.

Apex Tidal Najarala is going to be something.

Oswen

Got G3 and finished all the offline missions, the last challenge was quite a thing with those Apex monsters, the victory tune has never sounded so sweet.

I think that it's time to upgrade my Regios armor now that I have access to G3 monsters, which endgame set should I aim for, being an IG/Dual Blades user myself?

I think there's a Felyne you can download. "Pink Pal", so basically Healing.

Edit: Oh, you meant from the quest itself.

Yeah, usually the episodic string results in a unique something. Housekeeper, or "lil sis" cat or whatever. This time it's...3 zenny?

Unless I missed something.

Wanderer5

Blah first fail at Chameleos. Every hunt before were close calls too with two deaths in toll. These G-rank elder dragons are not messing around heh.

Also is there a way to get back the stuff he stole? Doesn't seem like it.

tuffy

Blah first fail at Chameleos. Every hunt before were close calls too with two deaths in toll. These G-rank elder dragons are not messing around heh.

Also is there a way to get back the stuff he stole? Doesn't seem like it.
Nobody knows where that stuff goes; once he gets an item it's gone for good.

He's a slippery monster in general but thankfully he's not super fast most of the time. Though it's best to stay well clear when he decides to wind up and gas everything around him on all sides. That move does a deceptively large amount of damage and seems to send people to the cart most often.

Wanderer5

Nobody knows where that stuff goes; once he gets an item it's gone for good.

He's a slippery monster in general but thankfully he's not super fast most of the time. Though it's best to stay well clear when he decides to wind up and gas everything around him on all sides. That move does a deceptively large amount of damage and seems to send people to the cart most often.

Do we even want to know?:p

And yeah that poison breath thing that he sometimes aims all over the place seems pretty damn brutal. Very nice fight overall, with a nice looking design and equipment. Might end up being one of my favorite monsters in the game.

upandaway

I'm just about done trying to get the rusted lance. It's just not happening.

Why the heck is it so hard to get rustshards? I've tried tons of different quests for tons of times and nothing sticks.

I could have farmed so many charms instead of doing this

I'm just about done trying to get the rusted lance. It's just not happening.

Why the heck is it so hard to get rustshards? I've tried tons of different quests for tons of times and nothing sticks.

I could have farmed so many charms instead of doing this

You can do both!

Or you can be like me and grab Rust weapons randomly as you play, then sob quietly as you realize how much Earth Crystal and LEDG farming it's going to take to get the Teostra/Kushala weapons you want.

Just unlocked the second town, something with a D. A lot of fun so far except for the stupid egg carrying missions. Those are just painful and unnecessary.

Wanderer5

I just got yet another Large Elder Dragon gem along with a Chameleos gem lol. Christ if only I was this lucky with brachy lol (who I pretty much gave up on). Well think I feel more comfortable giving the Chameleos armor set a try heh.

Top Bottom