• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wanderer5

Have you unlocked the use of two Wystones yet? As long as any Wystone is active your hits keep contributing to knocking it out of Apex (though finding non-bouncy spots can be tricky without Drive). By switching from one to another I can usually keep at least one Wystone going most of the hunt.

When do you unlock the second one?

Kinsei

Banned
I should be back at my 3DS in about 5 hours or so to lend a hand. I went back and soloed most of the high rank Gathering Hall quests, but a lot of the stuff in 7 star are challenge quests not really built for one person. "Advanced: Queen Slayer" and "Advanced: King Slayer" are tricky even with two people in G rank gear.

That's right around when I get off work. That would be perfect!

tuffy

When do you unlock the second one?
Completing:
  • G1: Advanced: Tiger-Sharq
  • G2: Advanced: Spider Study
  • complete new "Villager Request" from Wycoon
  • G2: Advanced: Escape Convicts
  • G3: Advanced: Lab Partners
  • complete next "Villager Request" from Wycoon
should finish up the Wyceum and unlock the second stone.

so next month, NA gets the star knight set legit right ?

and when will white fatalis and EX tempest get released ?

i'm on a hiatus playing mh4u atm.

Tom_Cody

Nah, you've got good sense. It's just that as much as I love the Fatalis weapons, I'm having to sharpen them so much in fights even when I'm using them, and that really turns me off a weapon. Can't argue with how strong they are in exchange, though.
I'm currently using the Seditious Axe with Regios (with Evasion +1 and Evade Extender) and sometimes I forget that sharpening is a thing.

I have Narga X crafted already (with Sharpness +1 gems) waiting for when I'm able to upgrade the rest of my axes to their final forms. That said, I'm going to miss Edge Lore and auto-sharpening (and Constitution +2) when I move on to my Narga set and the other end-game axes.

Wanderer5

Completing:
  • G1: Advanced: Tiger-Sharq
  • G2: Advanced: Spider Study
  • complete new "Villager Request" from Wycoon
  • G2: Advanced: Escape Convicts
  • G3: Advanced: Lab Partners
  • complete next "Villager Request" from Wycoon
should finish up the Wyceum and unlock the second stone.

Ah okay, hm probably only done a couple of the quests.

Oh great now I being kicked out from groups for the diablos event cause I only have one.

Anura

so next month, NA gets the star knight set legit right ?

and when will white fatalis and EX tempest get released ?

i'm on a hiatus playing mh4u atm.

We still have a ways to go for white fatty. He's from an episodic quest and IIRC we have a few more before his quest would be lined up (going by my JPN game anyways). Gold Ian is from an episodic too and that's not out yet either, we should get her before fatty.

Kalentan

Anyone else wish they would add randomly selected Weather conditions for some of the maps? I think that would be pretty cool.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's true, I'll boot people that don't have both stones, or Drive on Apex quests. It's not about being mean, it's just about making the quest go as well as it can for the entire group. It's akin to someone joining a GQ128+ with High Rank gear where they just want everyone else to pull the majority of the weight.

I don't boot people for armor unless it's something absurd. A set they're making with no active skills, incredibly low OHKO worthy defense, -20 or more weaknesses to something that does a bunch of that element. I don't care about Japanese DLC, or anything like that.

If you're being kicked out of rooms, just setup the event, or quest in a room you create. It's the easiest solution, even if you have to wait a bit.

One of the few times I was kicked was with my Samus gunner armor. I mean, yeah, it's over 600 defense and gemmed up to have a bunch of great abilities, but the host wasn't having any of it. I don't mind though, I'll just move to another room.

Wanderer5

Well I just need to do lab partners now, and the requests, so I can probably get the second stone done today depending on the second request.

Speaking of kicking, I just saw a G2 guy with a mixed set with no active skills at all when I set up the frenzy tigerstripe zamtrios quest. At this point of the game, I definitely not going to deal with that crap, cause chances are they be trolling now.

Wolfe

I just want armor pieces that are stylish and can work with other armor pieces with a little careful pigment usage. Take the Grand Amagi Kote. It's a 3 slot piece with Pierce Up +2 and Recoil +3 so Athena's loves to stick it in a lot of results. But its long, white, un-pigment-able sleeves look out of place on every other set there is. It's especially disappointing because the high rank Amagi Kotes look like more conventional arm pieces and fit in much better.

We think alike in this regard, it's why I couldn't bring myself to make any Furious Rajang based honed blade sets.

Nah, you've got good sense. It's just that as much as I love the Fatalis weapons, I'm having to sharpen them so much in fights even when I'm using them, and that really turns me off a weapon. Can't argue with how strong they are in exchange, though.

Tell me about it, as I've already mentioned I feel shoehorned into using the crimson fatty CB on particular sets where I can't get away with less sockets but damn if I feel like I don't have to sharpen all the damn time without Razor Sharp. Even though it has a bit less purple I'd much rather swap over to the Lightbreak CB on a few of my sets because even without RS it's at least got a healthy bit of white/blue while crim fatty has even less of those two than it does purple.

Ah okay, hm probably only done a couple of the quests.

Oh great now I being kicked out from groups for the diablos event cause I only have one.

While I can understand that for typical Apex hunts, for this event that's rather stupid as the thing dies before it even goes Apex half the time, having one stone for that fight is totally acceptable imo.

It's true, I'll boot people that don't have both stones, or Drive on Apex quests. It's not about being mean, it's just about making the quest go as well as it can for the entire group. It's akin to someone joining a GQ128+ with High Rank gear where they just want everyone else to pull the majority of the weight.

I don't boot people for armor unless it's something absurd. A set they're making with no active skills, incredibly low OHKO worthy defense, -20 or more weaknesses to something that does a bunch of that element. I don't care about Japanese DLC, or anything like that.

If you're being kicked out of rooms, just setup the event, or quest in a room you create. It's the easiest solution, even if you have to wait a bit.

When of the few times I was kicked was with my Samus gunner armor. I mean, yeah, it's over 600 defense and gemmed up to have a bunch of great abilities, but the host wasn't having any of it. I don't mind though, I'll just move to another room.

As I said above I can understand in most cases but that Apex Blos event is ridiculously easy. I read somewhere that in JP it was set up so you had to take off armor/charms similar to naked and afraid but that they didn't retune it for the release over here and that's why it's so damn easy, no idea if that's true but it at least explains things a bit.

And yeah, it always makes me laugh when someone starts judging me based on my gear especially when it's something like Samus armor that prolly has more Def than what they're wearing with some decent survivability skills to boot. I also agree with your point of just making your own room if you begin to have issues.

My main issue with online right now is randoms leaving at the first sign of trouble, especially when they're the cause of it. Had the rest of the group leave after someone carted 5 minutes into my 140 Cham leaving me to finish it by myself. Do people not get that if they had stayed we would have finished in likely less time than it would have taken them to find a new room and finish a new quest? And if we fail we're no worse off than we were when they decided to bail. Doesn't make any sense, like I get if they're ashamed after a cart or something but leaving helps no one.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My main issue with online right now is randoms leaving at the first sign of trouble, especially when they're the cause of it. Had the rest of the group leave after someone carted 5 minutes into my 140 Cham leaving me to finish it by myself. Do people not get that if they had stayed we would have finished in likely less time than it would have taken them to find a new room and finish a new quest? And if we fail we're no worse off than we were when they decided to bail. Doesn't make any sense, like I get if they're ashamed after a cart or something but leaving helps no one.

That's always the worst. First one person leaves, then the others follow. I've ended up finishing a lot of missions by myself, or with only one other person because other people just said 'fuck it' and quit. The penalty for failing a mission is so small, I always try to stick it out until the end.

Beats

The "Mosswine Jerky" that I won from Capcom finally came in:

dsc003132j6o5r.jpg

I forgot I even won this. I've never had beef jerky before, but this tastes alright even though it's incredibly salty. Not sure if I even want to eat the rest of it. I don't think it recovers any red health.

Wanderer5

While I can understand that for typical Apex hunts, for this event that's rather stupid as the thing dies before it even goes Apex half the time, having one stone for that fight is totally acceptable imo.

Eh well whenever I get Lab Partners done (sadly failed this morning, and noticed that the one that carted twice was wearing the Chameleos armor, yeah might not be a good idea for this run), I pretty much done with upgrading that place, cause I can complete the second request afterwards.

And I haven't encounter players leaving after the first cart, but yeah that is just silly to give up so easily. The hunt can still succeed. And indeed failing a quest doesn't really do that much, beside maybe feeling like a waste of time if it was a long fight before it failed.

Hey guys, you know that pose Crimson takes when he's charging up for a meteor strike? The one where he's sitting still for a solid few seconds? Might be a good time to reposition and heal up instead of eating meteors to the face.

PUGs man. One dude aborted on his first death not a minute into the fight.

Hey guys, you know that pose Crimson takes when he's charging up for a meteor strike? The one where he's sitting still for a solid few seconds? Might be a good time to reposition and heal up instead of eating meteors to the face.

PUGs man. One dude aborted on his first death not a minute into the fight.

What? That's the perfect time to take meteor samples!

Edit: Is it worth making the regular Tempest set? I love how it looks but if GX is better then I could see if I can find a room doing it to go that route.

Wolfe

Yeah I just don't understand that mentality, shit happens and if someone gets all butt hurt that I helped contribute (or cause) a failure then I don't want to play with them anyway.

Granted I do understand wanting to bow out after a triple cart or something but people take that shit to extremes online a lot of the time. I still remember a quest where me and 2 of the other carted and after we get back to the lobby the 4th dude spits out some bullshit like "get some real sets not just full sets" before leaving, as if our lack of mixed honed blade/challenger +2 sets was our downfall lol, what a jackass.

Ohnonono

Making progress in the game is fun, but at some point when you are higher up in the ranks if you aren't also having fun when the game goes south you may be missing something. I get that people may feel like they are wasting their time but part of the game is figuring stuff out and when you get farther making a mistake can cost you pretty heavily. If it happens over and over again every game I would understand but I can't imagine it does.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks for the help earlier everyone! It's nice to finally have a gold check on the 7* quests, and my caravan category on the guild card is now 100%!

Diablos event quest! I need two more tokens to finish off the Rage armor.

32-2424-2025-7392

Disconnect, of course! Thanks for that one run anyway Tuffy, it seems I can't reconnect to that hall.

Wanderer5

Blah I need to get two more nerscylla cortex to get the requests done. Tried to do the capture quest, only to waste my last trap, and no one else had a trap... Then made the mistake to get the trap from the box when my other one was still active.

I just upgraded my first weapon to the max and now I've unlocked the ability to hone it. Any recommendations between attack, defense, and life?

Here's a quick rundown of the benefits.

Attack: Equivalent to a built in Attack Up L (I believe?), which can be huge on some weapons.

Defense: Additional +60 to your defense, and an extra layer of Divine Protection that stacks with both Divine Protection and Felyne Defender.

Life: Restores health after a certain damage threshold is hit, with a short cooldown period. Restoration is based on the damage done at the time of proc.

All are excellent as choices, and largely fall upon you as a player to decide which you like best. I tend to choose Attack and Defense hones, depending on how much of a boost the Attack is. Many of my CBs are defensively honed because their damage is high enough for my taste and I like a little extra protection without needing to gem it in or eat for it.

I don't have enough experience with life, but I've seen amazing use out of it from gunners and GS users.

Chuckpebble

So do wystones affect gunlance shelling? Logic tells me I have to whack the monster with the metal I just polished, but then again, I can remove frenzy with shelling.

Wanderer5

Boy howdy does the Nomura set do work for rewards. Don't know why it gives you an extra pair of arms though.

The extra arms are silly looking but the armor sure looks better than say his take on Batman.<.<

Jesus fucking christ why is the drop rate on Brach Gem so low?!?!?!?!? FML man, I need 2 for the IG and S&S, haven't gotten one in like 20+ kills.

I feel your pain regarding that monster.:p Doing the G-rank version? They seem a bit more common there.

If anyone wanna help me slay this fucking Dalamadur, I'd be really glad. I' ve tried 10 times and I can't seem to find a group who knows what the fuck is going on in this fight...

65-7818-1988-2232

Yeah I just don't understand that mentality, shit happens and if someone gets all butt hurt that I helped contribute (or cause) a failure then I don't want to play with them anyway.

Granted I do understand wanting to bow out after a triple cart or something but people take that shit to extremes online a lot of the time. I still remember a quest where me and 2 of the other carted and after we get back to the lobby the 4th dude spits out some bullshit like "get some real sets not just full sets" before leaving, as if our lack of mixed honed blade/challenger +2 sets was our downfall lol, what a jackass.

Yeah I think I was here. It was against Shaggy and after we carted the guys learned us that th CB could block! And then he called us noobs and he left the lobby.

Yesterday I play against a level 140 apex rajang. A few minutes into the fight one player carts. he immediately abandon the quest, quickly followed by his pal. 2 people against a 140 apex Rajang (including a RC80 bronze crown with poor defense), I am not crazy, I quit and asked them why did they do this. They didn't even answer me.

Some randoms are really unpleasant to play with.

Wanderer5

Really hate capture quests sometime heh. Thankfully found the G1 quest that you can kill a frenzy nerscylla again and got the cortexes needed to wrap up the requests for the Wyceum. I now have a brace and a drive stone.

I now set to work on the diablos event later today.

Greddleok

I have the option of crafting a few different long swords, but can't decide. Is there a "go to element" that's effective against most monsters?
I feel like choosing fire means the sword will be garbage against all the fire breathing dragons out there.

Wolfe

Yeah the room died and left you in an unjoinable dummy room I think. I gotta go hit the bathroom but I'll be back in a few and will toss up a room if no one else has one up by then.

Edit: My connection is being spotty and not letting me keep a room up right now.

Top Bottom