• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Pila

G1 here, wanna play? Maybe we can take turns if you still miss old quests, key quests not mandatory.

64 2699 9142 8208
Pass 8787

Dc'd tryin to rejoin...

I have: -

L120 Teostra - SNS/DS
L119 Dual Rajang - GS/LS
L117 Dual Rajang - SA/CB/IG
L120 Deviljho - Bow/Bowgun
L120 Chameleos - SA/CB/IG

Anyone want anything?

edit: DC-ed and can't find your room to join

Pila

Meh can't connect at all :( is my room still going on? I'm turning off my router...

Errors everywhere, it usually works better than this :/ I should wait a little I guess, thanks forma joining anyway!

I have the option of crafting a few different long swords, but can't decide. Is there a "go to element" that's effective against most monsters?
I feel like choosing fire means the sword will be garbage against all the fire breathing dragons out there.

There are more ice elemental weaknesses out there than anything, but blast is also a good choice as previously mentioned.

Ohnonono

Spent all night farming Gore only to figure out that I need his tail carve to make the Charge Blade. Seeing as how I only have decent hammers and the CB was going to be my cutting weapon that takes that off the board for now. Looks like if I push to 6 star there is an Arachnophobia quest which I can farm to make a decent poison CB. I will wait for that.

Edit: Or I can kill Rathian to upgrade and use that. Maybe then I can use that to get the tail. CHOICES.

Tom_Cody

Spent all night farming Gore only to figure out that I need his tail carve to make the Charge Blade. Seeing as how I only have decent hammers and the CB was going to be my cutting weapon that takes that off the board for now. Looks like if I push to 6 star there is an Arachnophobia quest which I can farm to make a decent poison CB. I will wait for that.

Edit: Or I can kill Rathian to upgrade and use that. Maybe then I can use that to get the tail. CHOICES.
I started the game as an archer and Gore was the first tail I needed to cut (for his armor). Luckily the bow does a bit of cut damage with its melee attack so I was able to do it without too much trouble.

Your other option is to play online. People frequently cut tails online. Even more so if you prompt the blademasters in the group prior to starting the hunt. Now that Switch Axe has become my primary weapon, the tail is always my primary initial target.

Ohnonono

I started the game as an archer and Gore was the first tail I needed to cut (for his armor). Luckily the bow does a bit of cut damage with its melee attack so I was able to do it without too much trouble.

Your other option is to play online. People frequently cut tails online. Even more so if you prompt the blademasters in the group prior to starting the hunt. Now that Switch Axe has become my primary weapon, the tail is always my primary initial target.

Yeah, I am not sure how long it would take me to ultimately get to Gore in multiplayer though. I have not even started Guild Quests. It might be more time efficient to just do it myself.

Tom_Cody

Yeah, I am not sure how long it would take me to ultimately get to Gore in multiplayer though. I have not even started Guild Quests. It might be more time efficient to just do it myself.
If you haven't started playing online, it definitely wouldn't be the fastest option.

Your plan to just craft a different charge blade first is probably your best bet. It sounds like you have fought Gore quite a bit already, so you should be able to get his tail and then finish the quest even if you're new to the weapon. If your real goal is the Elendskraft, I wouldn't put too much work into a stepping stone blade. As someone who cut Gore's tail with a bow (and cut many additional tails as I continued with the bow), any rarity 3-4 Charge Blade should get the job done.

Ohnonono

If you haven't started playing online, it definitely wouldn't be the fastest option.

Your plan to just craft a different charge blade first is probably your best bet. It sounds like you have fought Gore quite a bit already, so you should be able to get his tail and then finish the quest even if you're new to the weapon. If your real goal is the Elendskraft, I wouldn't put too much work into a stepping stone blade. As someone who cut Gore's tail with a bow (and cut many additional tails as I continued with the bow), any rarity 3-4 Charge Blade should get the job done.

Cool, I will see how long it will take to get to the Spider CB and maybe just go back and smack Rathian around for a while.

As a side note it is pretty hilarious how easy some old monsters can feel just because I have fought them over like 4 games at this point. Gore is really fun and feels pretty tricky at least at first. Rathian is a damn joke with her goofy ass.

Rawk Hawk

The online Gore is the HR2 urgent, if you can find a room it may be completely doable from HR1. I'm not sure if they have a pre req for it or not, but it's possible even without any online play you could join rooms with it or have a GAF member host it for you.

Not near my DS to check though, just trying to remember back, I did a lot of hunts before getting to their rank. I think I fought HR Brachy from HR4 a few times.

Shengar

I hate myself for making armor set as my endgame goals.
My registered is full, and yet not all of armor setup is registered, which frustrated me greatly. Capcom should make it even bigger considering the number of armor in the game.

The desire sensor is real. Struggling to get a Brachy Gem I decide to take a break and do the G rank event quest for Gore Magala. I'm like what do I need off this guy, oh I need a mantle for a weapon. I start the fight with my BM Seregios set and I'm using an IG. Things going well for 5 minutes, I get stomped, no biggie. Things going well, he enrages and goes purp form, cart again. I start to worry. Get back in sever the tail, loot it.....it's a Mantle! End via sub quest immediately. I'm like ok that was a struggle for Melee, let me try my LBG Seditious Shot/ Sororal setup. I end the fight with 35 minutes left to spare and get ANOTHER mantle. Where is this luck when I need that Brachy Gem?!?!? At least I have the Rank 9 Gore Magala IG. It's not that great hence why I want the Brachy Gem to make the Brachy IG and then the Chameleos IG, it looks sick.

I really want to like the Nomura LS. It's got great damage and an absurd amount of sharpness, but it just doesn't look damaging or anything. It looks like they stuck a feather on the end of a pole!

Kinsei

Banned
When is a good time to make a G rank armor set? I've finished the first page of the G1 quests solo and it hasn't been very tough so far.

tm24

When is a good time to make a G rank armor set? I've finished the first page of the G1 quests solo and it hasn't been very tough so far.
Whenever you can make the regios x armor. Very versatile and the def boost, skill set and gem slots give you a lot of leeway getting through grank

Kinsei

Banned
G2 is usually when you start looking at new armor.

In that case I'll try to hold out until G3. I made it through Low rank and high rank while only making one armor set in each (Rathalos in low and Monoblos in high) so I'll attempt the same in G rank.

Whenever you can make the regios x armor. Very versatile and the def boost, skill set and gem slots give you a lot of leeway getting through grank

Regios X is ugly though.

Wolfe

I really want to like the Nomura LS. It's got great damage and an absurd amount of sharpness, but it just doesn't look damaging or anything. It looks like they stuck a feather on the end of a pole!

I feel the same way, great sharpness and crit but it looks like something I would use to fan off the monsters after a long day of fighting hunters instead of something to damage them with.

In that case I'll try to hold out until G3. I made it through Low rank and high rank while only making one armor set in each (Rathalos in low and Monoblos in high) so I'll attempt the same in G rank.

Might not be that easy, each subsequent G rank is a pretty decent jump with G3 being straight up hard compared to G1. Just something to keep in mind.

Regios X is ugly though.

I can't recall but I'm assuming female character lol.

Wanderer5

That diablos really does go down fast heh. I now have the Belobog's Scythe honed (in defense), so poison set should be good for now.

And Regios X is really cool looking, least blademaster male.

I feel the same way, great sharpness and crit but it looks like something I would use to fan off the monsters after a long day of fighting hunters instead of something to damage them with.

Luckily the Crimson Fatalis LS has basically the same stats (identical sharpness! but slightly less damage) with better elemental damage, after honing for attack, since the Nomura LS can't be honed.

Wait really? That seems strange.

Yep.

Also

tumblr_npoyltrEu31uy230jo1_540.png

So finally got around to doing The Master's Test and i'm a bit embarrassed that I carted twice (once to angry pinecone and once to Diablos) but still did it on my first run. Now that that's done i've finished every offline quest.

Wolfe

Is that the same for Gold Ian , Silver Los and Dalamadur (whenever they get released)? Or just the more "gimmicky" ones?

Just the ones that are purely from DLC whereas those are natural progression weapons from the game that just have their final upgrades locked behind DLC for some reason.

Tom_Cody

It depends on what skills you are going for.

G2 is usually when you start looking at new armor.
I used my high-rank armor up through G2 as well. The level of defense was just fine and I couldn't get the skills I was after until G2. I went strait from Rarity 5 armor to Rarity 7 (though I had previously done some gunner/bow sets).

Right on. Its skills combine fantastically with the Seregios Switch Axes. I love my load-out.

Regios X is ugly though.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love the way it looks and I love its skills. My only annoyance is that it is so popular.

I also made Nargacuga X at G2 for its evasion skills and its touch of Handicraft (to use other axes).

What skills are you aiming for? Or have you mostly ignored skills up through this point in the game?

co1onel

It's still the best raw for any craftable longsword, at least until g-rank dalamadur comes out.

I hate myself for making armor set as my endgame goals.
My registered is full, and yet not all of armor setup is registered, which frustrated me greatly. Capcom should make it even bigger considering the number of armor in the game.

I ran out of registered slots before I even got to g-special, so I know your pain. Sometimes I make complete armor sets just because I happen to have all the parts from helping friends and my box keeps filling up.

Top Bottom