• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Gogmazios (attack and defence up L)
Seregios (attack and defense up and negate stamina)
M. Tigrex (attack up L, earplugs L, negate snow/heat/cold)
Teostra/Chameleos (blast or poison, same songs negates poison, boost status effects, divine protection...I only use this against chameleos)

Do you recommend using Maestro?

Decided I'm buying an N3DS and MH4U because I can't stand playing MHFU solo anymore on my Vita. The hitbox issues are just winding me up, especially when one hit at G rank means I'm highly likely to get carted by that hit, or subsequent chaining.

Are the hitboxes any better on monsters in 4U? I'll find the entire QA team and hang them if not.

Tom_Cody

Handicraft +4 ooo

thanks based RNG
zsDv2jV.png

jorgejjvr

Decided I'm buying an N3DS and MH4U because I can't stand playing MHFU solo anymore on my Vita. The hitbox issues are just winding me up, especially when one hit at G rank means I'm highly likely to get carted by that hit, or subsequent chaining.

Are the hitboxes any better on monsters in 4U? I'll find the entire QA team and hang them if not.

For the most part, they're pretty solid. If you get hit, you definitely could see it coming and it was your fault, you know when you mess up and when you're about to be punished.

Some monsters like Rajang have certain charge attacks that feel like they have an unfair hit box, but frankly I feel that my experience with this is either poor evasion timing on my part or just the speed of the charge itself.

Definitely no Plesioth tail whip here.

Anyway, I think you'll love MH4U. New weapons, new monsters, new mechanics, new lands, you'll be like a kid in a candy store. So far this iteration has monsters from almost every game (or at least comes close). It may be a little weird at first since the areas are centered on verticality and are quite large, but if you've played monster hunter before, you'll love this one. Plus you'll have us to play with! If you have any questions about the game at all before or after purchasing, feel free to ask us!

-Alternis

Shengar

Asides from some legacy monster, the hitboxes are pretty tight.

Wolfe

Handicraft +4 ooo

thanks based RNG

I hate you so much.

Lol I've had a +4 OOO for a long time now but all I can think is how much better I could make my sets with a +7 OOO >_<

Plus then I see Sheng with a Edgemaster +4 OOO which puts both of my decent Edgemaster charms to shame. Some people!

Asides from some legacy monster, the hitboxes are pretty tight.

"Dawg, you see that Rathian over in area 2? Her hitboxes are tight yo!"

Sorry that's all I could think of when reading your post lol :(

Shengar

Lol I've had a +4 OOO for a long time now but all I can think is how much better I could make my sets with a +7 OOO >_<

Plus then I see Sheng with a Edgemaster +4 OOO which puts both of my decent Edgemaster charms to shame. Some people!
Handicraft+7 OOO is a hack tier, much like Jeff's Edgemaster+4 Expert+1.

"Dawg, you see that Rathian over in area 2? Her hitboxes are tight yo!"

Sorry that's all I could think of when reading your post lol :(

That's definitely not what I meant lol

Wow, the Inferno/Paradis dual blades (the Chaos Gore Magala dual blades) are insanely strong! I just tested them out after honing them for extra attack, then did the same with the Hazy Caster (Chameleos insect glaive, one of the best in the game) and got the same kill times against G-Rank Seregios with both (sub-10 minutes!).

I like to use the Rath Soul Z armor gemmed for Challenger+2 with Inferno/Paradis. With this set up, I can get the same damage output as with my Grand Mizuha/Hazy Caster set up (which includes Sharpness+1) against non-frienzied monsters. This isn't even taking into account the affinity boost Inferno/Paradis gets after overcoming the frenzy virus.

The Chaos Gore dual blades seem to be under-appreciated. They're relatively easy to make and easier to hone than most end-game weapons, but they can really compete with other end-game weapons.

PrankT

I'm running out of things to do. I have every armor set filled and upgraded with divine spheres. I even have 30 divine spheres just sitting there wasting away. Perhaps time for a new weapon...

Renewed

I decided to start doing Guild Quests alongside getting unique quests done. Thought I'd pull up one of those lists that show which gear can come from each monster. I notice I could get Tempest pieces from Chameleos (arms) and from Kushala (chest, although has to be leveled up to G).

I take an hour and level it up a bit until I notice it's the wrong one. I feel so dumb about this... about the best way I could have started GQ. qq

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I've just gotten my ass handed to me by the 9-star Brachydios quest, it's the first one you get a Wystone for. Any tips? I'm using the Rath Soul gear and have gemmed in Critical Eye +3 and Halve Stun (and have gemmed out the negative health). Maybe use the defensive Wystone? I mean everything else has died in like 2 hits, Brute Tigrex and Stygian Zingore didn't stand a chance against me.

squall23

So I've just gotten my ass handed to me by the 9-star Brachydios quest, it's the first one you get a Wystone for. Any tips? I'm using the Rath Soul gear and have gemmed in Critical Eye +3 and Halve Stun (and have gemmed out the negative health). Maybe use the defensive Wystone? I mean everything else has died in like 2 hits, Brute Tigrex and Stygian Zingore didn't stand a chance against me.
Use a water weapon? Brachydios is a dick no matter how you slice it.

upandaway

If you haven't fought him too many times before then yeah he moves really weird. I carted lots of times against him before I got used to it, and he's still not easy.

It also depends on the weapon, I learned the hard way that guard lancing doesn't solve everything. I had to play my lance like an SnS.

Aside from that it's the usual stuff, bring traps, flash bomb, all of that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's what I figured. I might go farm him in the Guild quests with randoms so I can get enough mats to gem out the slime damage. I'm just surprised he's kicking my ass so well, I had a real handle on him in MH3U. Whatever they did to him here really beefed him up.

Shengar

Thanks Seele, now my first fully mixed set is completed. Garuga Z cape and Black Belt Helm really help to make it looks cool.

Regular Brachydios>Nuke Brachy in term of assholeness. Unless you have Evasion or Evade Extender, there is no way you can escape its pound attack from point-blank range.

squall23

That's what I figured. I might go farm him in the Guild quests with randoms so I can get enough mats to gem out the slime damage. I'm just surprised he's kicking my ass so well, I had a real handle on him in MH3U. Whatever they did to him here really beefed him up.
In that case, you're going to have a loooooooot of fun when you get to Raging Brachy.

squall23

I imagine, that's why I'm going to start putting together 5 of those +2 bio gems and finish my water attack +1 stuff.
But Biology doesn't decrease blast damage. All it does is make sure you don't get blastblighted which is only a hindrance until 2-3 rolls. Brachydios's explosions still hurt like a bitch.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But Biology doesn't decrease blast damage. All it does is make sure you don't get blastblighted which is only a hindrance until 2-3 rolls. Brachydios's explosions still hurt like a bitch.

Good point.

I don't know man, my history with Raging Brachy is less rage-inducing that regular one.

That's good to hear. Wouldn't be shocked if my experience winds up being similar.

spiritfox

Just in case, but you do know you can roll to remove blastblight right? Roll, not sidestep, 3 times and it'll go away. That'll reduce a lot of damage you'll take.

Top Bottom