• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

jorgejjvr

I've mined for relics before and it's not much fun. Your quests need to be 136+ and there are too many garbage items in this game. I've gotten a couple good hammers, but only one decent horn. Horn relics are silly because it's hard to find a horn with good stats and songs.

Most horns I get from guild quests have insane attack. I don't use them, so I'm unsure about attack, but most are definitely above 1000 attack and on the higher end I've seen 1600-1800 I believe.

-Alternis

Shengar

Most horns I get from guild quests have insane attack. I don't use them, so I'm unsure about attack, but most are definitely above 1000 attack and on the higher end I've seen 1600-1800 I believe.

-Alternis

HH isn't just about attack, but also song list. I've one that is really good, Purple sharpness with Sharpness+1, decent song list, but the problem is that I can't use the weapon. Yet.

I've never made a mixed set and apparently I've been LBGunning wrong this entire time lol.
Low G rank/upper High Rank LBG users, what sort of sets do you have? I'm trying to get bonus shot, evasion and maybe elemental attack up or something and I'm not sure I'm using the armor search thing right.

I've been using Tetsu stuff for pretty much all of the game, and now im having problems with the only 3 i have available to me in Caravan: Silver Rath, Molten Tiggy and Teo.

spiritfox

I've never made a mixed set and apparently I've been LBGunning wrong this entire time lol.
Low G rank/upper High Rank LBG users, what sort of sets do you have? I'm trying to get bonus shot, evasion and maybe elemental attack up or something and I'm not sure I'm using the armor search thing right.

I've been using Tetsu stuff for pretty much all of the game, and now im having problems with the only 3 i have available to me in Caravan: Silver Rath, Molten Tiggy and Teo.

You can get the Sororal set at G2, which gives you Fleet Foot and Bonus Shot. It also has enough slots to get at least an element to +1, and more if you have a talisman. Note that the quests are caravan only. There isn't any really good armor at G1, but HR armor works until you get to G2.

Shengar

My LBG mixed set that practically could be used for all element if you have the talisman:
Ace/Sororal mask
Ace/Sororal mail
Ace/Sororal vambrace
Esurient/Vangis Coat
Ace/Sororal leggings
It can easily gets you Element Attack+3 if you have the charm of the corresponding with 10+ points or above. You can also replace the head with other piece that'll give you the skill you need, though you need to gem in rapid fire then.
Yeah i saw Alternis got the boot first then I think it was you then it died.

I'm rather exhausted, but I think I can play for a game or two.

jorgejjvr

My LBG mixed set that practically could be used for all element if you have the talisman:
Ace/Sororal mask
Ace/Sororal mail
Ace/Sororal vambrace
Esurient/Vangis Coat
Ace/Sororal leggings
It can easily gets you Element Attack+3 if you have the charm of the corresponding with 10+ points or above. You can also replace the head with other piece that'll give you the skill you need, though you need to gem in rapid fire then.

I'm rather exhausted, but I think I can play for a game or two.

Make a lobby?

-Alternis

upandaway

I've had a string of really terrible charm runs for a while now. About 5-6 runs where I never got more than 4 enduring charms (sometimes 2), every other attempt I didn't get Explorer, I had to use vouchers for most of meals, and it just culminated in my worst run ever. I got 0 enduring charms and 0 timeworn charms after exhausting all the nodes.

Getting that rusted lance really sucked all the luck out of me.

DANG! I just got a Handicraft +6 3 slot charm from a guild quest! That's amazing! <3

-Alternis
My life would be finalized if I had that

like wow man, that's like handi +9, dude

I could retire and just not do anything in my entire life ever again, it would complete me

upandaway

I now have a +13/14 element charm for every element. If only lance sets weren't so demanding points wise I would create one for each element, but alas Evasion +3 + Sharpness +1 take away most of the wiggle room.

tuffy

I've had a string of really terrible charm runs for a while now. About 5-6 runs where I never got more than 4 enduring charms (sometimes 2), every other attempt I didn't get Explorer, I had to use vouchers for most of meals, and it just culminated in my worst run ever. I got 0 enduring charms and 0 timeworn charms after exhausting all the nodes.
I wouldn't even bother if Felyne Explorer doesn't activate; I just take/abandon a harvest tour to reset my food before trying again. I've got a nice routine going by subquesting out of the Remobra quest in the dunes that'd be messed up starting anywhere else.

It gets soul-crushing to wind up with tour after tour of junk charms, though. After several in a row come up empty I have to do an expedition hunt or something to break up the monotony.

jorgejjvr

You're not allowed rare drops ever again.

The sad part is that I do not really need it xD

If you had the charm I just got and the star knight armor coming July, you'd have challenger +2, Rodeo God, Steady Hand, and Sharpness +1 with 14 slots to work with! The reason I don't need it is because I would still end up with the same skills (everything mentioned above plus speed sharpening and divine protection), albeit with some extra slots that would be left unused (the charm I used previously was Handicraft +4 with two slots).

-Alternis

upandaway

I wouldn't even bother if Felyne Explorer doesn't activate; I just take/abandon a harvest tour to reset my food before trying again. I've got a nice routine going by subquesting out of the Remobra quest in the dunes that'd be messed up starting anywhere else.

It gets soul-crushing to wind up with tour after tour of junk charms, though. After several in a row come up empty I have to do an expedition hunt or something to break up the monotony.
Yeah I abandon if I don't get explorer. Though I still go out to the quest because of the slight chance to end up there even without the skill, and then abandon if not.

It's just completely ridiculous to go on a run and not get a SINGLE charm

Rawk Hawk

Yeah I abandon if I don't get explorer. Though I still go out to the quest because of the slight chance to end up there even without the skill, and then abandon if not.

It's just completely ridiculous to go on a run and not get a SINGLE charm

If I don't get explorer I do v. hollow tour, and I go to camp, 1, 4, 2, 3, 8, 9 and farcast back. Mainly because allfire stones are still helpful. So if you still need those, it can be a way to still charm farm a little with a decent routine even if explorer doesn't kick in.

Shengar

GAF been crazy today, so many news and we haven't see E3 yet! I can't focus myself due to that during hunts with Alternis, Seele, Jeff, and PrankT. That last Teostra should've been sub 10 if I'm not screwing up mysef. Either way, good hunts! Got a great relic weapon and Large Elder Dragon and a lot of spheres from that sessions.

All things considered, I got only 1 good piece of armor but the other one was a glowing piece. I think my main relic problem right now is I can only see myself getting 3 skills if at all (including tali). But thanks to everybody who came to get beat up by Shaggy and Teo.

onionfrog

Edit: Also has anyone mined for relics before? I really think that will be my main source of hunting for one, using lunch time here at work for some quick mining runs. Just curious if anyone has had luck with this method before.
Relic mining is really tedious but its mindless enough that you can just do it while watching TV or something.

Three things:
1. Use speed gather
2. Quit to the title screen if you don't get any beshackled weapons
3. If you do mine anything good blow yourself up with bombs to triple cart quickly.

(The guild quest should be level 136+ for the best mining odds)

I've been doing a lot of mining trying to get a high raw greatsword with purple sharpness.

No luck so far, but I did get a really good longsword with 1122 raw, 600 water element and 3 slots. It gets purple sharpness with sharpness +1. I think RNGesus is telling me to try longsword.

Relic mining is really tedious but its mindless enough that you can just do it while watching TV or something.

Three things:
1. Use speed gather
2. Quit to the title screen if you don't get any beshackled weapons
3. If you do mine anything good blow yourself up with bombs to triple cart quickly.

I've been doing a lot of mining trying to get a high raw greatsword with purple sharpness.

No luck so far, but I did get a really good longsword with 1122 raw, 600 water element and 3 slots. It gets purple sharpness with sharpness +1. I think RNGesus is telling me to try longsword.

Nothing wrong with trying out a new weapon. Might become your new favorite in the long run.

tm24

Things that are bad ideas

-Trying to solo grank Savage Jho

God took forever. At least i got a crook out of it and enough hides for the title belt

jorgejjvr

Things that are bad ideas

-Trying to solo grank Savage Jho

God took forever. At least i got a crook out of it and enough hides for the title belt

He's actually not too bad once you get the hang of him. He's still predictable, it's just that he moves differently. Like after the forward swing attacks he almost always turns around and stomps. It helps to have tremor resistance but it isn't nevessary. Dung bombs are necessary though cx

-Alternis

Tom_Cody

DANG! I just got a Handicraft +6 3 slot charm from a guild quest! That's amazing! <3

-Alternis
r1q8hjj.gif

tm24

He's actually not too bad once you get the hang of him. He's still predictable, it's just that he moves differently. Like after the forward swing attacks he almost always turns around and stomps. It helps to have tremor resistance but it isn't nevessary. Dung bombs are necessary though cx

-Alternis

Oh make no mistake, he's easy. He's just such a goddamn damage sponge and more spongier in ghall. Took me 46 minutes

jorgejjvr

Oh make no mistake, he's easy. He's just such a goddamn damage sponge and more spongier in ghall. Took me 46 minutes

I agree 100%

I don't understand why he needs to take so many hits. Perhaps he should have more health than a regular deviljho but the health it has is crazy. He's practically an elder dragon, or worse!

-Alternis

Edit: As I stated before, I truly have no use for the Handicraft +6 with three slots (my previous charm had the same effect). I guess that's the desire sensor at its finest. So, as someone who has found it quite easy to acquire sharpness +1 via a handicraft +4 with two slots (as well as using armor slots too), can someone explain why people are demanding a +6 with three slots? Yes, it could equal a +9 but I'm sure no armor comes with 1 in handicraft. I'm not sure, I'm just curious based on your replies, what would you do/accomplish with such a charm?

-Alternis

Wolfe

Eh +6 OOO isn't honestly much different than my +4 OOO given that I would still have to gem in the final point.

+7 OOO is where it's at because then you can have +10 from the charm alone.

tm24

There's actually plenty of armor with +1 handicraft. Grand Yamato chest for example.

As for what i would do with it, well, i could make a GS set with challenger +2, rodeo god, focus, steady hand, crit draw and S+1. Wouldn't have to gem in any handicraft

Shengar

Edit: As I stated before, I truly have no use for the Handicraft +6 with three slots (my previous charm had the same effect). I guess that's the desire sensor at its finest. So, as someone who has found it quite easy to acquire sharpness +1 via a handicraft +4 with two slots (as well as using armor slots too), can someone explain why people are demanding a +6 with three slots? Yes, it could equal a +9 but I'm sure no armor comes with 1 in handicraft. I'm not sure, I'm just curious based on your replies, what would you do/accomplish with such a charm?

-Alternis

Handicraft+6 OOO will makes it very easy for you to have Sharpness+1 with any armor. With your charm, I can used it in tandem with Selene X set to have extra 3 slots which can be used to get Water Attack+3. But I only have Handicraft+5 OOO, and I'm one point short from Sharpness+1. In the end only got one extra slot because of that. There are also armor with 4+ or more handicraft skill point like Kaiser X, Seltas X, and Grand Mizuha. Using Handicraft+5 or more with OOO will grant you extra 3 gem sockets and that is pretty big. With my Handicraft+5 OOO for example, when I used it with my full Kaiser X set, it'll give Biologist, Attack Up S, Mind's Eye, Sharpness+1, and 15 empty slot. I can have Challenger+2 alone by using gem and with weapon that have triple gem slots, I up the Attack Up S to Attack Up L. So the thing with triple gem slots is that they give you flexibility for your build.

But of course, the dream charm is Handicraft+7 OOO which basically means free Sharpness+1 for every armor. I only have Handicraft+7 Destroyer+4 though, so my selection of armor is limited to the ones that have triple gem slots.

jorgejjvr

Eh +6 OOO isn't honestly much different than my +4 OOO given that I would still have to gem in the final point.

Sadly it's impossible to get a legitimate +7 OOO for that very reason. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it a hacked charm?

-Alternis

tuffy

At least expedition G Savage Jho can be worn down through attrition. Felyne Foodie + Fortify means you can just keep coming after him - while getting stronger the first couple of times he sends one to the cart. He's still obnoxious enough to gun that I gave up on him once I had enough parts for that Torso Up waist piece.
Sadly it's impossible to get a legitimate +7 OOO for that very reason. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it a hacked charm?
According to the big charm spreadsheet it looks like that is a possible charm, but probably quite rare.

Shengar

I agree 100%

I don't understand why he needs to take so many hits. Perhaps he should have more health than a regular deviljho but the health it has is crazy. He's practically an elder dragon, or worse!

-Alternis
It's because Jho, especially Savage Jho have many elemental weaknesses.

+6 OOO is much better than +5 OOO though, since there are many armor set with +4 or +5 handicraft point. With 4 or 5, those extra slot would be a waste since you'll used it to gem in Sharpness+1.

-Alternis

No, the maximum point for Handicraft on a charm is 7, and gem slot isn't limited to any charm. So theoretically, you could have a legit Handicraft+7 OOO char,m

tuffy

Which reminds me I actually have a Handicraft +7 charm also, though it has no slots and Spirit +5 in the top position. I've been crafting some blademaster weapons for the awards, so maybe I should put it to use one of these days.
Is there a G-rank Savage Deviljho coming later down the road as DLC?
There a Japanese G-rank Savage Deviljho event so we're bound to get it eventually, but not sure exactly when.

Top Bottom