• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

squall23

I don't know man, my history with Raging Brachy is less rage-inducing that regular one.
My experience is that I've only died around 3-5 times against Raging Brachy. I've only failed against it many more times because of pubs, most of whom don't die nearly as much with normal Brachy.

upandaway

That's what I figured. I might go farm him in the Guild quests with randoms so I can get enough mats to gem out the slime damage. I'm just surprised he's kicking my ass so well, I had a real handle on him in MH3U. Whatever they did to him here really beefed him up.
Oh huh, I didn't notice a big change for him from 3U. Actually I'd say I have an easier time with him now thanks to mounting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh huh, I didn't notice a big change for him from 3U. Actually I'd say I have an easier time with him now thanks to mounting.

Well it looks like I just had to get that muscle memory back, just killed him without a single kart.

I dunno, I mounted him once. We mostly fought in spots where mounting was hard.

The switch to a water weapon and water +1 skill seemed to be more than enough. Damn near had a heart attack when a Sergios showed up and started screwing around.

Shengar

That's good to hear. Wouldn't be shocked if my experience winds up being similar.
The thing with Rage Brachy is that its attack during rage wouldn't result in instant explosion unlike normal Brachy. It only does that when its slime glowing red, and those slime on will explode when someone attack it. So if you have a gunner in your party, rest assured that its slime will stay yellow most of the time.
My experience is that I've only died around 3-5 times against Raging Brachy. I've only failed against it many more times because of pubs, most of whom don't die nearly as much with normal Brachy.
Ah I see. While in my experience, I think I faint a lot more to Raging Brachy, but it rarely makes me feel enraged. The thing that really pissed me with normal Brachy is getting caught with its explosion while trying to dodge it. You can only dodge its fist but not the explosion afterward unless you have Evade Extender and that makes me feel cheated. Also I don't get mad with random fainting left and right, though I gave up on them and only hunt Ragin Brachy with Gaf.

IG being one of the most mobile weapon helps a ton.

tm24

How does someone get to Gcrown without any wystones and somehow not consider themselves a leech?

Also, Cera GS. Hone Attack or Life?

tm24

Yeah, i went with attack since eff it, im sheathed so often. Also, large numbers!

Man, the fact that Cera only uses reg zenith gems is great. Need some Ls for Sedition and Arcadian now

Wolfe

I wonder when Gold Rathian/Silver Los will be dropped, I want that sweet golden knight looking armor lol (plus finish this fire CB already).

I'm not sure what they were going for with the G silver los armor though, looks weird.

Tarps

I think it's time to start farming for coins in the arena, I really want that black belt armor.

Had a go soloing the colour code quest (azure rathalos and pink rathian) it was not a pretty sight. Any tips from experienced arena hunters?

Greddleok

Holy shit the Pink Rathian is taking me to school. I just fought 2 normal Rathians at the same time and barely took damage, but this one is no joke.

jorgejjvr

lol yeah no one responded D:

I'm incredibly sorry, companion. If I could be completely honest with you, I was ready to help you for a couple hunts, but forgive me, for it was rather late into the night and I, without seeing a response for quite awhile, I succumbed to slumber. Forgive me! However, it's a new day, and once again I'm ready to assist if you need it.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Gore down 5 times... no plate... Monster Hunter you are a cruel mistress sometimes.

Would you like some assistance? You don't need to be alone, you know. I could post the quest for you, we can cut the tail, and end via sun quest (If you only want the tail).

-Alternis

Ohnonono

Would you like some assistance? You don't need to be alone, you know. I could post the quest for you, we can cut the tail, and end via sun quest (If you only want the tail).

-Alternis

I am just doing the 5 star village quest version. I have the tails, its just the low droprate plate. I think it is one of the first grindy items in the game. It is all good though. It is monster hunter, I will hunt monsters. Thanks for the offer though!

jorgejjvr

I am just doing the 5 star village quest version. I have the tails, its just the low droprate plate. I think it is one of the first grindy items in the game. It is all good though. It is monster hunter, I will hunt monsters. Thanks for the offer though!

Alrighty then, good luck with your endeavor! Let us know if you manage to get the plate(s). :p

Also, the reason I mentioned my offer and the tails at all is because carving the tail is your best chance of a plate (unsure if you knew that). Sure, you can get it from carving and the rewards, but unless I'm mistaken, the rates are abysmal :p which is why I mentioned my offer and the tails specifically. I never had much trouble with plates since I usually cut the tail xP

-Alternis

Edit: Just took a look at kiranico and saw that body carves are just one percent higher in terms of probability of getting a plate (for low rank). However, with my experience, I almost always get plates, gems, mantles, etc. from tails as opposed to bodies. Statistically, if you want your best chance, kill it, cut the tail, collect shinies, and break the head. :p

Renoir

How does someone get to Gcrown without any wystones and somehow not consider themselves a leech?

Also, Cera GS. Hone Attack or Life?
I did that apex diablos for the Nomura set without wystone.. Attack the legs that's what the Internet told me. And surprisingly it worked. :)

Ohnonono

After you pick the same hunt for the 15th time the game should add Desire (XL) to your list of active abilities. Though it would probably lower drop rates by a percent just to troll.

tuffy

After doing a lot of charm runs to pass the time and coming up with a lot of junk, I finally tracked down a couple that might actually be useful: Normal Up +6, Loading +6, and a 1 slot Pierce Up +3, Expert +12 (my best Expert charm yet). That's enabled a few sets that weren't possible - or were pretty ugly - before. It's encouraging enough that I might go mining for a few more to see what else turns up.

Tom_Cody

Psh, I killed like 30 Zinogres before I got a plate. 5 is nothing.
Zinogre plate my worst encounter with the desire sensor by far. I got my first one from him without incident, but I needed a second. I had killed him 62 times total before the second one dropped. I did about 30 of those in a row over the course of a few days. That was fucking surreal.

Rawk Hawk

Going to start relic weapon hunting here and there, looking for a hellstrings hunting horn. Does anyone have a Deviljho, Kushala Daora or Oroshi Kirin with hammer/hh? If it's a dual monsters, the above I believe needs to be the left one.

Pretty long shot to get a good hunting horn it seems like one of the harder ones to do, but having a sweet relic electric guitar. Plus I hammer a little and the relic hammer from that grouping is pretty cool too.

For Zin's plate, I used tickets. They pile up when you play online, and he is always stingy to me with rewards.

Rawk Hawk

Awesome, thanks! Stuck at work currently, but just let me know whenever you have have free time.

Edit: Also has anyone mined for relics before? I really think that will be my main source of hunting for one, using lunch time here at work for some quick mining runs. Just curious if anyone has had luck with this method before.

PrankT

Awesome, thanks! Stuck at work currently, but just let me know whenever you have have free time.

Edit: Also has anyone mined for relics before? I really think that will be my main source of hunting for one, using lunch time here at work for some quick mining runs. Just curious if anyone has had luck with this method before.
I've mined for relics before and it's not much fun. Your quests need to be 136+ and there are too many garbage items in this game. I've gotten a couple good hammers, but only one decent horn. Horn relics are silly because it's hard to find a horn with good stats and songs.

Top Bottom