• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

> all these handicraft charms

tumblr_inline_mt4xzguyWs1qew5ie.gif

Best use of PB gif right here.

I need a G rank Velocidrome Guild Quest ASAP. Anyone have one to share? Or can anyone tell me how to get Velocidrome Hard Claws? Apparently there isn't a G1 or G2 mission for this lil guy.

*EDIT - Got them from a random room. Was searching for over an hour and no room then boom, one pops up.

tuffy

I need a G rank Velocidrome Guild Quest ASAP. Anyone have one to share? Or can anyone tell me how to get Velocidrome Hard Claws? Apparently there isn't a G1 or G2 mission for this lil guy.
It seems I arrived too late. But I do have some level 86 Velocidromes which should be G rank and can send them over if you've got a room.

Even with carving god I only got 2 ebonhide, but many flails. Not that i'm really trying to make the Savage armor but I already have so many parts that I may as well go for it.

Rawk Hawk

Other room is full, I have some time to kill stuff so:

46-4888-2752-3445 pw2468

Up for anything, really just need strong armor spheres honestly.

jorgejjvr

Also, I'm not sure if this is the exact right place to say this, but what're your thoughts on Monster Hunter X and the new abilities?

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

After realizing that the G rank Gold/Furious Rajang quest can be accepted by people who are G1, I think I plan on having some fun with G rank beginners >:3

-Alternis

Edit: Is that too evil?

tuffy

Also, I'm not sure if this is the exact right place to say this, but what're your thoughts on Monster Hunter X and the new abilities?
The more I hear about it, the more interesting it sounds. I'm the sort who has a ton of different armor sets with different skills for all kinds of different situations. So the ability to switch off between hunting styles on a per-hunt basis is very appealing. It's another level of customization that could be a lot of fun.

Shengar

The more character action this game gets, the better.

Soon we'll have combo meters and dodge offsets and witch time and it will be

https://i0.wp.com/i.minus.com/inMCgLCOtcdkH.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

If it stays at the the spin offs, sure.
But if it creeps to the main game?
[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53561352/Reaction_Images_Gif/10893526_916731728338581_817763606_n.jpg
Just, no.

jorgejjvr

Day 1: No group of G1 hunters have succeeded in slaying the mighty furious Rajang. Two lobbies declined/bailed out, while two bravely accepted the challenge. One fellow was even so cheerful that (bless his soul) he playfully told us to go for the tail. They held out as best they could, with the greatest survival time being 4 minutes. That's all I have to report for today.

-Alternis

Sajjaja

I'll help, but I've only got g rank armor sets. Let me know if you'd rather keep the equipment scaled to the hr level.
Equipment scale? What do you mean? Also you're free to join I'll need all the help.

Gathering ID is 50-7966-7974-5784. Pass is 1234

Edit: we started

jorgejjvr

Equipment scale? What do you mean? Also you're free to join I'll need all the help.

Gathering ID is 50-7966-7974-5784. Pass is 1234

Practically, he's G rank. Therefore, high rank monsters can barely even scratch his armor and his weapons can tear high rank monsters to pieces.

Some people find that overpowered and ask fellow hunters to use equipment of the same rank.

-Alternis

Sajjaja

Practically, he's G rank. Therefore, high rank monsters can barely even scratch his armor and his weapons can tear high rank monsters to pieces.

Some people find that overpowered and ask fellow hunters to use equipment of the same rank.

-Alternis
Oooohh. Yeah I don't mind.

Day 1: No group of G1 hunters have succeeded in slaying the mighty furious Rajang. Two lobbies declined/bailed out, while two bravely accepted the challenge. One fellow was even so cheerful that (bless his soul) he playfully told us to go for the tail. They held out as best they could, with the greatest survival time being 4 minutes. That's all I have to report for today.

-Alternis

It's times like this that I wish I could watch the quests without having to take up space in the lobby.

If anyone's bored/up for a short session, I'm trying to clean up the last couple G2 key quests. Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

edit: 67 - 0058 - 8633 - 5024

Sajjaja

Thanks to everyone who helped me today, had a lot of fun. Y'all made me feel so useless it was great lol.
Now that I'm G rank, now what? What gear should I aim for? Tips and info in general?

Wolfe

Fuck Chamaleos stealing my damn lifepowders.

Cleared a few 140 GQs and got a +5 Edge Lore Rare 10 Chest

Right one dude, I've got one of those myself and ended up building a basic mixed set around it with non relic pieces and a torso up belt. The only unfortunate part is I got it from a random hunt so it wasn't any of the relic sets I was into, but don't get me wrong it still looks good (Dragonhide X I think).

What I'm really waiting for is that +4 edgemaster chest though. Need to go look up what drops Damascus again.

Goddamn Apex Sergios is a little bitch, dude went down like a ton of bricks.

The one in single player? If so I keep seeing people mention him being easy and or just an apex tutorial heh. Guess it makes sense, I seem to recall that quest being rather quick myself.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The one in single player? If so I keep seeing people mention him being easy and or just an apex tutorial heh. Guess it makes sense, I seem to recall that quest being rather quick myself.

Yea, he went down pretty quickly. After you get the Wystone he just drops. It took me all of two or three infinity combos. I did use an ice weapon though...

upandaway

Anyone wanna play? I'm up for anything, not sure if there's a room open already

04-8748-8946-8155 / 1111

Probably gonna make today my last time going online till august, while tests and end-year projects ramp up

edit: oh nice, FastCharge +5 CritDraw +5. This would work nice with BaiBaiKaiser.

jorgejjvr

Thanks to everyone who helped me today, had a lot of fun. Y'all made me feel so useless it was great lol.
Now that I'm G rank, now what? What gear should I aim for? Tips and info in general?

Don't get hit :p I have no clue how Kinsei is able to solo G rank monsters after becoming G1. I had rare 7 armors and weapons when going into G rank and they still did huge damage. I would focus on Tetsucabra for that defense.

-Alternis

Edit: Ice against Seregios, huh? Isn't he only weak to ice in certain places? Isn't thunder his primary weakness everywhere and all around?

I can help in 15 minutes.

Yo. Hope your classes ended okay.

Anyway, I'm on vacation now and won't have internet I can play on for about 2 weeks. Maybe I'll be able to check the thread on my phone sometimes. Not really sure how phone connections are on cruises.

I'll probably solo a bunch of stuff on the ship. Or maybe I'll get lucky and there are other hunters onboard :D.

spiritfox

Don't get hit :p I have no clue how Kinsei is able to solo G rank monsters after becoming G1. I had rare 7 armors and weapons when going into G rank and they still did huge damage. I would focus on Tetsucabra for that defense.

-Alternis

Edit: Ice against Seregios, huh? Isn't he only weak to ice in certain places? Isn't thunder his primary weakness everywhere and all around?

He has decent weakness against ice but thunder trumps ice everywhere.

Renoir

Since everyone can play now and never again.. Come join me and help me get a crown. Almost done with g3.
17 3131 1479 9432

Shengar

Yo. Hope your classes ended okay.

Anyway, I'm on vacation now and won't have internet I can play on for about 2 weeks. Maybe I'll be able to check the thread on my phone sometimes. Not really sure how phone connections are on cruises.

I'll probably solo a bunch of stuff on the ship. Or maybe I'll get lucky and there are other hunters onboard :D.

It went smoother than I expected, though I don't how the result turned to be in the end.
I hope you enjoy your vacation. Don't try to solo Apex monsters though, that's a bad idea :p

It went smoother than I expected, though I don't how the result turned to be in the end.
I hope you enjoy your vacation. Don't try to solo Apex monsters though, that's a bad idea :p
Apex Seregios is easy with the Hazy Caster. Sometimes I got a solo kill time of 15 minutes before honing for more attack. That's probably the only easy one, though.

upandaway

So for my first 136+ relic weapon I got this charge blade

900 Lv1 / 420 Water / Impact
xDYA5xh.png
This sharpness type
10% / +20
Edgemaster +5

According to a quick google this caps at ~1200 attack? If so um, I think I got something pretty nice.

From the same quest I also got a GS 1248 / 720 dragon / 10% / +20 with 6 points in Avarice. Dunno what attack this caps at but it looks good too, also purple.

I have no clue how these relic things work. Do they even upgrade their attack?

Leezard

So for my first 136+ relic weapon I got this charge blade

900 Lv1 / 420 Water / Impact
xDYA5xh.png
This sharpness type
10% / +20
Edgemaster +5

According to a quick google this caps at ~1200 attack? If so um, I think I got something pretty nice.

From the same quest I also got a GS 1248 / 720 dragon / 10% / +20 with 6 points in Avarice. Dunno what attack this caps at but it looks good too, also purple.

You will not upgrade the attack when you upgrade a relic weapon. You will only upgrade either defense or affinity. As such, you have not gotten anything special in terms of relics, sorry.

Top Bottom