• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Leezard

When does it upgrade in attack then? I remember early game I got stuff I polished that kept upgrading like that, like a blast hammer.

They do not upgrade in terms of attack at all. I don't know how your example works or if you remember correctly, but these relics only upgrade in defense or affinity.

upandaway

They do not upgrade in terms of attack at all. I don't know how your example works or if you remember correctly, but these relics only upgrade in defense or affinity.
Hmm I think I sold that hammer already, bummer. But I got a hammer with a ton of blast back in LR, polished it at the polish guy, and kept upgrading its attack (started at 7xx I think) with armor stones at the same polish guy. it was my best hammer until I got to HR.

If that wasn't a relic that I dunno what that was

Shengar

My rarity 10 DB only upgraded its attack though, even when it have 30+ defense and 35% affinity. It was 320 or so and now it have the same power as Dios DB at 378 damage.

Leezard

Hmm I think I sold that hammer already, bummer. But I got a hammer with a ton of blast back in LR, polished it at the polish guy, and kept upgrading its attack (started at 7xx I think) with armor stones at the same polish guy. it was my best hammer until I got to HR.

If that wasn't a relic that I dunno what that was

My rarity 10 DB only upgraded its attack though, even when it have 30+ defense and 35% affinity. It was 320 or so and now it have the same power as Dios DB at 378 damage.

Huh, seems like there exist some of them then. Strange, from what I read it's only possible with affinity and defense, but maybe that only applied to a subset of the best rarity 10 weapons. I have never seen a relic weapon for myself that upgraded its attack, but I have only polished and upgraded 5 or so.

Should I even bother making the Lightbreak Twins if I already have the Chameleos Dual Blades? I'm still 2 scrolls away from unlocking Raging Brachydios and the normal one is already a pain (20+ Mega Potions/First-Aid Med+s EVERY TIME).

G rank whatevers. Mob on in if you need anything.

Hall is 29 1758 1453 4304, pass 1111

Also, a g rank ruby basarios quest would be greatly appreciated.

Should I even bother making the Lightbreak Twins if I already have the Chameleos Dual Blades? I'm still 2 scrolls away from unlocking Raging Brachydios and the normal one is already a pain (20+ Mega Potions/First-Aid Med+s EVERY TIME).

I don't see how having the Cham DB's prevents you from making Brachy one since they have different status (poison vs blast).
Oh, is it cause of problems with his moves?

I don't see how having the Cham DB's prevents you from making Brachy one since they have different status (poison vs blast).
Oh, is it cause of problems with his moves?
Fighting Brachydios is tough because its explosions are hard to dodge and I don't want to spend time farming tough monsters for a weapon only to realize what I already have is as good or better.

Shengar

Fucking circle pad. The rubber came off. Had to control with the stick.

Going to take a forced break from MH4

IMG_20150614_245042715_HDR.jpg
This was happened 2 weeks after the game's launch I think? Never bothered fixing it up and it still do just fine in its 600 hours of service.

I wwould like to clear some 7* quests but it seems no randoms wants to takes part of the fun...

The room is 39 8874 6299 6221

We will begin with furious rajang!

Wolfe

The only instance I ran into this so far has been with one of the Rare 9 Netherblades I got. I think the initial damage was 824 or something so not that great but I was just using to play around with anyway, surprised me when I went to upgrade it and the attack increased.

co1onel

Huh, seems like there exist some of them then. Strange, from what I read it's only possible with affinity and defense, but maybe that only applied to a subset of the best rarity 10 weapons. I have never seen a relic weapon for myself that upgraded its attack, but I have only polished and upgraded 5 or so.

Lots of relics upgrade in attack. Max raw relics always upgrade affinity though, and these are the ones that really matter.

Wolfe

What do you guys think of the Akantor Charge Blade?

Best raw crafted CB obviously, works great if you have the right skills to go with it. I don't consider myself to know what I'm talking about when it comes to this game but I try to use sets with Sharp+1/Artillery plus either Razor Sharp or Edge Lore with it (due to the low sharp) although I don't use it that often.

Prolly my favorite sounding CB though lol, sounds like a pile of boulders.

Best raw crafted CB obviously, works great if you have the right skills to go with it. I don't consider myself to know what I'm talking about when it comes to this game but I try to use sets with Sharp+1/Artillery plus either Razor Sharp or Edge Lore with it (due to the low sharp) although I don't use it that often.

Prolly my favorite sounding CB though lol, sounds like a pile of boulders.

Important to remember that the CB's special swings in Axe mode, the damage is calculated as pure raw, ignoring sharpness and hitzones. That's why it does so much damage despite being blue.

Wolfe

Important to remember that the CB's special swings in Axe mode, the damage is calculated as pure raw, ignoring sharpness and hitzones. That's why it does so much damage despite being blue.

Lol I started typing up the bit about impact phial damage being based on raw (or whatever) but I only half pay attention to that stuff since while I like knowing how the game works, I also haven't bothered with min/maxing in this game so I start to forget about the exact details of those aspects.

Just as long as I'm able to play well and have fun doing it I'm good :p

tuffy

Aren't there high rank deviljho quests in the caravan quests? I doubt that you can only get saliva online, that seems silly.
There are, but Deviljho Saliva isn't a carve, break or capture reward; it's only a quest reward for Deviljho quests in the Gathering Hall. That is a bit strange, though.

jorgejjvr

There are, but Deviljho Saliva isn't a carve, break or capture reward; it's only a quest reward for Deviljho quests in the Gathering Hall. That is a bit strange, though.

Well, if it's not those three things, is it a quest reward? Also, I'm pretty certain at the very least it's an expedition reward and obtainable in HR GQ, right? Those can be done solo.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Not with HR of 1. :/

You might have to soley rely on expedition, which sucks.

I know that GAF would have you in high rank in no time, but if online isn't an option, I don't know what to tell you. Just hope, hope that saliva is at least a quest reward in caravan. I know for a fact kiranico doesn't have everything. It doesn't even know which monsters deviljho saliva come from xP

-Alternis

What in the name of Trenya is going on here? I'm not noticing any decrease in kill times at all after honing my Hazy Caster for more attack. I've been hunting Apex Seregios for Large Zenith Wyvern Gems and my kill times are exactly the same as before honing.

Top Bottom