• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

I made a set of G Rank armor with these amazing skills for my CB: -

Sharpness +1
Razor Sharp
Guard +2
Attack Up Large / Medium (depending on weapon slots)

But the problem is that all the element resist SUCKS except for Fire Resist...and I gotta eat for the element resist when fighting against certain monster, or it's the curtain calls in one hit.

Eat for fire res. You can turn awful res into like positive 10+.

Only my Fire resist is 11...everything else is negative 8 minimum. Is this some trick where I eat for fire resist and my other resists goes up?

No, I'm an idiot and misread your post. Just eat for the resist that counters the monster you're fighting. I have a set that's well over -10 in both thunder and ice. I just eat for thunder res/ice res based on monster.

Sucks a bit in turns rooms because I feel bad waiting to eat until someone has put up a quest.

PrankT

I miss the days when people needed help with gog, ukanlos, or even molten tigrex. I suppose I can help the many randoms I see online, but it's not the same. Quests are the end game and just very lame.

It's funny, even now I don't understand what goes through people's minds when they DC after double carting and failing the quest. It's like, it still happened and there are witnesses so what are you running away from? :/ #randoms

I should put an example: just now I was helping a guy with his gog urgent and the other 2 players died once and then together to his death beam and right as we returned they were already gone.

I miss the days when people needed help with gog, ukanlos, or even molten tigrex. I suppose I can help the many randoms I see online, but it's not the same. Quests are the end game and just very lame.

I don't quite get you. What do you mean? There are huge variety of end game monsters in MH4U...thanks to the level 140 GQs.

Shengar

I don't quite get you. What do you mean? There are huge variety of end game monsters in MH4U...thanks to the level 140 GQs.
Huge variety end game? Everytime I search online, there are Rajang everywhere. Out of five pages, there are 9 Rajang, 3 Deviljhos, and the rest are either Gore Magala or Elder Dragons. I've complained about this before where if you play online with randoms, the monster you fought at endgames in limited to Rajang, or Deviljho or Elder Dragons if you're lucky.

It's funny because there are harder monsters that 140 GQ Rajang and that monster is conveniently ignored. I haven't even yet to taste GQ 140 Tigrex.

PrankT

As shengar said there isn't a huge variety on the amount of monsters being played at end game. And people usually just grind one monster so it gets a bit tedious without a rotation. Even if you succumb to posting the right monster just to fill a room (rajang, deviljho, teostra), you may not have the right weapon/armor bias so people come and go constantly. Plus the quest levels are so bland.

None of this is new, I'm just whining.

Huge variety end game? Everytime I search online, there are Rajang everywhere. Out of five pages, there are 9 Rajang, 3 Deviljhos, and the rest are either Gore Magala or Elder Dragons. I've complained about this before where if you play online with randoms, the monster you fought at endgames in limited to Rajang, or Deviljho or Elder Dragons if you're lucky.

It's funny because there are harder monsters that 140 GQ Rajang and that monster is conveniently ignored. I haven't even yet to taste GQ 140 Tigrex.

Lv 139 Frenzied Yian Garuga is pretty intense

I feel you, brother. That's how I've felt for the past month. I haven't done Gogma since like March since no one needs it.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I was supposed to edit this into my last post but I forgot and fucked up.

upandaway

I just needed Gog 2 days ago and my friend still needs to do him (I couldn't wait to do it with him because I'm going on test season break). It was pretty fun. Not looking forward to Ukanlos and Rajang in G rank.

I guess the reason why everyone wants to do elder dragons and rajang is because of how good their drops are. Looking at my weapons and armors I need, everything is elder dragons. Pretty much everything.

I don't understand why Rathalos wasn't given an Apex state. I mean isn't he the face of the franchise?

It was in the game but they took it out when all the testers threw their company n3dses against the walls during testing.

"IT WON'T. FUCKING. GET ON THE GROUND."

Seriously. Apex state, immune to flashbombs and other control effects. Imagine trying to knock a Los out of Apex while in the air with Drive when all you can reach is its tail, and only sometimes.

Edit: I guess it wouldn't be a huge issue for ranged weapons though.

Shengar

As shengar said there isn't a huge variety on the amount of monsters being played at end game. And people usually just grind one monster so it gets a bit tedious without a rotation. Even if you succumb to posting the right monster just to fill a room (rajang, deviljho, teostra), you may not have the right weapon/armor bias so people come and go constantly. Plus the quest levels are so bland.

None of this is new, I'm just whining.
Yeah Everwood quest level layout is so flat, and boring. They are so bland that it makes GQ feel tedious fast even though their layout is randomized for each quest.
I just needed Gog 2 days ago and my friend still needs to do him (I couldn't wait to do it with him because I'm going on test season break). It was pretty fun. Not looking forward to Ukanlos and Rajang in G rank.

I guess the reason why everyone wants to do elder dragons and rajang is because of how good their drops are. Looking at my weapons and armors I need, everything is elder dragons. Pretty much everything.
I admit that Elder Dragons, Rajang, and Deviljho are very fun to fight. But there are only so much time before they become stale and boring in the end. This is why playing gaffers or friends makes the game stay fresh. You could easily take break from them and kill another monster for refresher. With freidn you could even do more stupid things like hunting naked and relic weapon wouldn't become stale.
It was in the game but they took it out when all the testers threw their company n3dses against the walls during testing.

Seriously. Apex state, immune to flashbombs and other control effects. Imagine trying to knock a Los out of Apex while in the air with Drive when all you can reach is its tail, and only sometimes.

If Apex Gravios isn't enough for more to take up gunarms, then Apex Rathalos should do the job.
Apex Rathalos sounds rad though, finally King of the Skies couldn't be more appropriate.
Though I think Capcom should make Apex and drivestone more integral to other part of the game.

Edit: I guess it wouldn't be a huge issue for ranged weapons though.

Well I think he'd be a problem for gunners if Capcom buffed his no-scope homing claw of death speed and put the poison to severe cause why not?

Well I think he'd be a problem for gunners if Capcom buffed his no-scope homing claw of death speed and put the poison to severe cause why not?

True. Homing death claw is brutal. Apex homing death claw should have the old effect though. It used to be poison PLUS guaranteed stun even if you hadn't been hit for awhile. Wonder why they nerfed it down to just poison.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I fucking hate that move.

True. Homing death claw is brutal. Apex homing death claw should have the old effect though. It used to be poison PLUS guaranteed stun even if you hadn't been hit for awhile. Wonder why they nerfed it down to just poison.

Because that move is fucking evil!

Shengar

Not if you're LBGunner. LBG unsheath spead is enough for you to do superman dive just in time.
But they need to stop with the stupid homing claw though.

More people should take up gunning anyway.

I have a really good bow mixed set, but I have never gunned seriously in a Monster Hunter except the psp titles because the black Fatalis versions in those games stayed up in the air for way too long.

I remember my friends and I making Chronos Grenades (Black Gravios LBG in MHF2 and MHFU) just for black Fatalis because Clust 2 and 3 were godlike against black Fatty.

Will do! I need to get around to playing online with you all!

I stopped at HR4 playing exclusively with a friend teaching him the ropes of the game.

I am salivating
don't worry, not really
at the thought of actually helping a fellow GAFfer get up to G rank from HR4.

It's been months.

So yeah, definitely dibs on a spot when that goes down.

I'm game on helping out a GAFfer levelling up. But I'm on a different timezone GMT +8. I'm usually on about 7-8 hours from this post.

Well, assuming he has the patience, we've planned to do this in 12 or 13 days. I'm on vacation at the moment and don't have a stable enough connection to play online.

@Thoraxes: I totally don't mind if you go ahead and get a GAF crew if you want to do this before I get home.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I am salivating
don't worry, not really
at the thought of actually helping a fellow GAFfer get up to G rank from HR4.

It's been months.

So yeah, definitely dibs on a spot when that goes down.

I'm in. I'm stuck at 6 anyway and randoms hate me. Shoot me a PM with a day and time.

Leezard

I just tried Switch Axe for the first time. This weapon is really fun, it feels like using Hammer felt like during MH3/3U, except that the dodges are better and you can cut tails.

Good times.

Shengar

I just tried Switch Axe for the first time. This weapon is really fun, it feels like using Hammer felt like during MH3/3U, except that the dodges are better and you can cut tails.

Good times.

Trying out different weapon and managed to get it right really rekindle your spirit t play the game. I just found out how to play DB the right way and it makes me fall in love again.

Leezard

Trying out different weapon and managed to get it right really rekindle your spirit t play the game. I just found out how to play DB the right way and it makes me fall in love again.

Yeah, definitely. I was kind of burned out after I had perfected my GS sets and found a near-perfect relic GS and messed around with it a bit, but the Axe makes it interesting again.

co1onel

I have sets for all the weapons now, and I switch almost every quest. The game is much more fun when you feel confident using any weapon.

The problem is that rajang gives the best chance for beshackled drops, and dies so quickly due to his entire body being a weakspot, making him the most popular target. The entire guild quest system is a mess and I want to see a complete overhaul. Let me fight all of the monsters, give me more maps to fight on. Obviously they can't have velocidrome giving the same number of beshackled weapons as rajang, but still, make it worthwhile fighting the other monsters.

Oh, and fuck lv140 apex tiggy.

Shengar

The problem is that rajang gives the best chance for beshackled drops, and dies so quickly due to his entire body being a weakspot, making him the most popular target. The entire guild quest system is a mess and I want to see a complete overhaul. Let me fight all of the monsters, give me more maps to fight on. Obviously they can't have velocidrome giving the same number of beshackled weapons as rajang, but still, make it worthwhile fighting the other monsters.

Oh, and fuck lv140 apex tiggy.
Yeah I realize this too. I thought all 140 GQ level Apex monsters are pretty tough, so giving the most reward to just both Rajang and Deviljho is unproductive. Why the hell elder dragons drop less beshackled drop than those two anyway? Chameleos have wide range OHKO bug spray and takes forever to kill ffs

jorgejjvr

I need to get around to hitting G rank one of these days :/

I'll be down to help. Sadly I'm also on vacation until the the 19th or 20th. Ah, I want to show you so many things! XD

-Alternis

Edit: I think beshackled drops are based on damage. The deviljho is by far the strongest monster that can move between areas (in terms of how much a single attack can damage you and how many attacks can do massive damage), with Rajang being a close second (not all of Rajang's moves hurt a lot). After that come the elder dragons, which are significantly weaker in general compared to those two besides perhaps one or two strong moves. And it just keeps going down from there with things like Zinogre, Tigrex, and then all the way down to Velocidrome

Although when it comes to 140, anything can kill you easily. So technically, speedy monsters like Zinogre and Tigrex becone much more deadly.

-Alternis

Top Bottom