• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Anteo

So where exactly do I go to test out weapons?

New player? iirc, at the end of the 1 star quest, you get 1 new quest for each weapon so you can get a tutorial for each
otherwise, they all are on your box at your house (the most basic version of each) and you can equip them, then go to a random quest to try them out

tuffy

As Anteo said, the tutorial quests are in the first set of missions:
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/caravan/1

You will get access to this once you enter the first village, which occurs after the introduction and the prologue mission.
More specifically, the weapon training quests show up after the Mega Potion and Well-Done Steak quests are completed. They're all optional, naturally.

And one little note, the Mega Potion quest is the only one that lets you gather as many Herbs, Blue Mushrooms and Honeys as you can carry from its gathering spots the first time through. So it's a good chance to stock up on a lot of Mega Potions when starting out.

Munkyspace

Welp, I'm officially sucked in to MH4. Just bought the game today, first MH. Haven't been able to put down the 3DS for the past 7 hours.

Having a blast foraging around for mats to build my new hunting horn.

Send help. :/

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Just crafted the Mizuha set, trying to work in Sharpness +1 I now understand the discussions around talismans with handicraft. I have none.

Just crafted the Mizuha set, trying to work in Sharpness +1 I now understand the discussions around talismans with handicraft. I have none.

Yyyep. I have no good handicraft charms.

But hey, whatever, I can still paralyze most things 5 times in one quest with Mizuha. Too good.

Beats

so, anyone know what the dlc is gonna be next friday?

I still haven't tried the boomerang tail cut quest from the last batch. lol

Renewed

Pretty much putting this game on the backburner because I don't see anything else worth doing (unless a friend asks for help).

so, anyone know what the dlc is gonna be next friday?

I still haven't tried the boomerang tail cut quest from the last batch. lol

Beyond Star Knight, I'd assume against G Rank Savage Jho. After that, I'm clueless. They don't update the preview until pretty much the day of.

Get ready for the influx of new Bow users, Gaijin just put up his bow demonstration and did really well with it.

Beyond Star Knight, I'd assume against G Rank Savage Jho. After that, I'm clueless. They don't update the preview until pretty much the day of.

Hopefully G Dalamadur as well.

Raging Brachy is a lot easier than I was expecting, nice source of Conqueror Seal Gs.

Thanks!

People say elements have little impact on GS due to it doing few strong hits, but I've grown fond of my poison sword and would like to try a blast one, since those work pretty much on everything effectively.

People who say that are stuck in the past, elements are fine on GS now.

Its such a god tier set though! I finally took up IG because of it after using it with a GS for those last 2 months and its so amazing

I know but everyone is going to look the same because of that. It's a Fashion Hunter nightmare!

tumblr_m89u9ytaXv1r4q5hc.gif

upandaway

I know I'm definitely gonna use it as a full set, at least sometimes. If I gem in Guard +2 on that thing it's a perfect guard lance set.

Rafavert

Raging Brachy is a lot easier than I was expecting, nice source of Conqueror Seal Gs.

People who say that are stuck in the past, elements are fine on GS now.

Why is that? Some sort of buff to elemental swords? I only played Tri before 4U, and never really messed with elements.

Also, I could use a hand reaching G rank. Am at HR7 and need to face Teostra, Kushala and Dahren Mohren (and Dalamadur, I guess). Anyone?

Why is that? Some sort of buff to elemental swords? I only played Tri before 4U, and never really messed with elements.

As far as elements go, it's just additional damage that you can do. Concerning the ailments (sleep, poison, blast, para), the GS versions generally put out enough damage that as long as you're getting regular hits in, you're going to trigger their effects.

Also, I could use a hand reaching G rank. Am at HR7 and need to face Teostra, Kushala and Dahren Mohren (and Dalamadur, I guess). Anyone?

I think it was a combination of poor itemization and sharpness not giving great multipliers to the elemental/status part of weapon damage.

Rafavert

I think it was a combination of poor itemization and sharpness not giving great multipliers to the elemental/status part of weapon damage.

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll start poking around with elements for GS

What happened? Everyone disconnected D:

New room:

56-5991-8338-4137

Wiseblade

So I decided to try the IG weapon tutorial and man, the thing is ridiculous! After getting red+white buffs, I slaughtered the Jaggi in like a minute. Why waste such an powerful weapon just fishing for a mount?

So I decided to try the IG weapon tutorial and man, the thing is ridiculous! After getting red+white buffs, I slaughtered the Jaggi in like a minute. Why waste such an powerful weapon just fishing for a mount?

Might be a waste solo after 1, maybe 2 mounts depending on monster, but imagine the combined damage output of a group of 4 on a downed monster thanks to 1 IG user's efforts.

I went on a quest to deliver 4 stones but my team watched me do all the work, so before I delivered the final stone, I closed the 3DS to get disconnected right in front of the delivery box.

Judge me.

EgWQXaA.jpg

Top Bottom