• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

jorgejjvr

All I'm seeing with the Aerial style is that it's making the Glaive look a lot less useful :(

I mean, damn, looking at the videos it seems like you have to hit a monster's back A LOT more to even initiate the first mount >.<

Perhaps they'll make mounting easier for the Glaive? Or maybe I'm so used to Rodeo God that mounting with 1 or two hits is common for me now?

Granted, I don't need to use the Glaive to mount, but I loved mounting to help my teammates, and I don't want my niche to be gone, it's like every weapon has practically become a Glaive due to aerial style, thus taking away a very cool aspect of the Glaive itself.

I can still do good I'm sure, but unless mounting is easier with the Glaive and/or Rodeo God makes it much easier >.< it'll kinda suck to just spam X and A all the time..

-Alternis

upandaway

I think mounting is definitely broken right now. Nerfing the mount count per quest would go a long way.

It's fun making nonsense of G rank Crimson Fatalis but honestly now, mounting needs to be nerfed c'mon

Kater

Banned
Jumping doesn't use that much stamina. It looks like it uses the same amount as a roll.
I want to wait and see it for myself in the game but I think it won't be easy-mode just because of the jump evades. You still need to actually find openings to hit the monster and stay at it.

And as someone who recently started gunning I am glad that I will have some means to escape even if a monster corners then charges at me. (Looking at you, Gravios. >.<)

Shengar

I think mounting is definitely broken right now. Nerfing the mount count per quest would go a long way.

It's fun making nonsense of G rank Crimson Fatalis but honestly now, mounting needs to be nerfed c'mon

no panda pls
I think the better answer in the case of Fatalis is to redistribute that stupid 80% dragon damage on its head elsewhere.

Wanderer5

So when does one get to G-special permit or whatever those crown icons are? I going to guess it the Gog event. I now gone through the MH2 elder dragon trio, and Ukanlos seems to be next to do.

Yo, Mr Cottontail, great post thank you. I will keep your tips in mind. I'm learning to bow, and currently doing ok with the Kushala X set, my biggest problem is that I waste too many arrows, but this is getting better with practice and better stamina management.

I'm about to build my first mixed armor set for bow, would you have any recommendation for sets / skills?

I wore the Kushala X set for quite a long time. How far are you in the game? If you're in the crown club and have a good FastCharge charm, try this:

Brachydium Cap
Brachydium Vest + Forceshot Jwl 3
Rath Soul Guards Z
Brachydium Coat
Rath Soul Leggings Z
FastCharge charm

This gets you Challenger + 1, Critical Eye + 1, Focus, and Normal/Rapid Up. If you have a good enough charm (and enough slots on your weapon), you can get Challenger + 2.

Tarps

That set sounds great! I'm at the endgame now, just need to beat the masters test, so everything should be available along with some good luck.

What do you mean by Normal / Rapid up? Is it both, or do I need to choose one over the other?

I'm going to try for this set thanks again for the advice.

I love having something new to aim for in this game, even after 360+ hours playtime.

tuffy

What do you mean by Normal / Rapid up? Is it both, or do I need to choose one over the other?
Normal / Rapid Up is one skill, activated with points in Normal Up. For bowguns it increases the power of normal type shots. But for bows, it increases the power of rapid type arrows.

KingBroly

Banned
I feel pretty fortunate to have worked myself up to the HR7 Urgent Quest over the past couple of days through random online play. Just a couple of good rooms that quickly knocked out all the Key Quests to do it.

I'll probably get that done tonight and try to get to HR8/G1 during the week.

Wolfe

Turns room:

09-1440-9649-9610

Everyone had to go, 3 open spots now (although don't be surprised if I've removed the pass and opened it up to randoms).

co1onel

Yo, Mr Cottontail, great post thank you. I will keep your tips in mind. I'm learning to bow, and currently doing ok with the Kushala X set, my biggest problem is that I waste too many arrows, but this is getting better with practice and better stamina management.

I'm about to build my first mixed armor set for bow, would you have any recommendation for sets / skills?

This is the most common end-game mixed bow set, and probably the best end-game mixed bow set:
Regios Cap X
Kaiser Vest X
Torso Up Arms
EX Rathalos Coat
Torse Up Legs

There are ways to switch pieces around but this is usually the way people go about it. It gives AuS/M, Load up, Ruthlessness (Weakness exploit and crit eye +2), focus and normal up. It requires a charm with at least Attack up+6 two slot in order to get AuS, and a charm with at least attack up +11 two slot for AuM.

If you really want evasion skills (which I don't think are necessary on the bow) or don't have any attack up charms, then you could use the Kushala set with the barrage piercing. The barrage piercing gives load up+10 but requires you beat every g-rank arena quest with every weapon. This will give you load up, evasion+1, normal up, focus and give you enough slots to gem in another skill of your choice. I would gem in weakness exploit.

Another set that can be really good for bow that most people tend to overlook is the star knight set. Depending on whether you have a good enough focus/normal up charm, you should be able to get challenger+2, rodeo god, focus, peak performance, load up and normal up.

These sets are of course all designed for the kama sedition.

Hey giys getting back in this game, what is a good all purpose early high rank armor set?

velociprey set is good, if you're looking for something easy and accessible very early. There are plenty of mixed sets in high rank, though, if you've got some charms you like you can do a lot.

I do my best to help my fellow hunters. I saw you online and figured I'd help.

-Alternis
Helped a lot man thank you.

EDIT: turns out I didn't get the Najarala part that I needed. I needed a Chilling Beak, what I got was a fang instead lol. Gonna have to put in some work tomorrow, the drop rate on it is so low...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Was super excited to get my first rarity 10 armor set!!!

but then I found out it's pink and has curly-toed boots, kill me

Wanderer5

Meh think it looks good.:p The only thing that cracks me up about it are the heels, which I can picture them popping as you moving around.XD

Edit: Actually looking closely at them, they seem like normal heels. From afar they look more like sucker heels or such.:p

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't feel like it melds very well with my swinging a wicked axe around. It looks like a rejected gunner set idea.

Speaking of gunner, I noticed the bow that guy makes looks like a spell book and a wizard wand of some kind. What the hellll is up with that thing? Is it really a book and a wand?? Does it still function like a bow?

Tarps

This is the most common end-game mixed bow set, and probably the best end-game mixed bow set:
Regios Cap X
Kaiser Vest X
Torso Up Arms
EX Rathalos Coat
Torse Up Legs

There are ways to switch pieces around but this is usually the way people go about it. It gives AuS/M, Load up, Ruthlessness (Weakness exploit and crit eye +2), focus and normal up. It requires a charm with at least Attack up+6 two slot in order to get AuS, and a charm with at least attack up +11 two slot for AuM.

If you really want evasion skills (which I don't think are necessary on the bow) or don't have any attack up charms, then you could use the Kushala set with the barrage piercing. The barrage piercing gives load up+10 but requires you beat every g-rank arena quest with every weapon. This will give you load up, evasion+1, normal up, focus and give you enough slots to gem in another skill of your choice. I would gem in weakness exploit.

Another set that can be really good for bow that most people tend to overlook is the star knight set. Depending on whether you have a good enough focus/normal up charm, you should be able to get challenger+2, rodeo god, focus, peak performance, load up and normal up.

These sets are of course all designed for the kama sedition.

Thanks co1, I'm a gonna try those one out too. Rodeo God on the bow sounds like it could be fun :)

I don't feel like it melds very well with my swinging a wicked axe around. It looks like a rejected gunner set idea.

Speaking of gunner, I noticed the bow that guy makes looks like a spell book and a wizard wand of some kind. What the hellll is up with that thing? Is it really a book and a wand?? Does it still function like a bow?

Yeah. When you draw the "bow", a flame pattern appears over the wand, making it look kind of like a torch. It's actually a pretty cool effect.

(Side note: Make sure to include "monster hunter" or "mh4u" or something along those lines if you're going to image search "genie's grimoire".)

co1onel

The chamelos bow is pretty cool. It functions like a normal bow but shoots spiked balls instead of arrows like the kelbi bow. Would have been cool if it shot out magical effects or something. The raw isn't amazing but you can poison and paralyze the monster, plus it's powershot which is nice.

Kater

Banned
Was super excited to get my first rarity 10 armor set!!!

but then I found out it's pink and has curly-toed boots, kill me
I use the MiKuMiKuMi set a lot and I think it looks pretty good, outside of the cape. The full Chameleos set looks a bit silly, at least on hunters, I agree. :p

Chameleos weapons have some mystic thing to them. Some of them become partly invisible when on your back. It's a really cool effect.

Oh, and I still need to make this weapon just for looks.

Weapon297.png

jorgejjvr

Anyone wants to hunt?

-Alternis
Ugh. Custom decorations now too?

Some dude with SK armor had the Acrobat, Honed Blade, And Wellness skills activated, as well as the Steady Hand that it comes with. I'm total it was like 13 skills >.< like wtf

co1onel

Anyone wants to hunt?

-Alternis
Ugh. Custom decorations now too?

Some dude with SK armor had the Acrobat, Honed Blade, And Wellness skills activated, as well as the Steady Hand that it comes with. I'm total it was like 13 skills >.< like wtf
Apparently with custom quests you can put the relic gems in the rewards which allows you to add it to any set with slots.

Wanderer5

Well I reached to Gog. Maybe I get a room up here now if anyone interested. Tips when fighting this one, cause it seems like you going to use the stuff in Battlequarters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well I reached to Gog. Maybe I get a room up here now if anyone interested. Tips when fighting this one, cause it seems like you going to use the stuff in Battlequarters.

Shit, I need him too but I won't be home for an hour or two. I'll catch another group I guess.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sadly won't be able to hang around after a little more than a hour.

Anyway, putting up room now.

69-2951-1370-3691

Pass: 3322

If you can't it done tonight be on at this time tomorrow and I'll join up. My biggest problem has always been people dying to shit they shouldn't die too, so a GAF group should be gold.

Wanderer5

Fucking DC. *sigh* Guess tomorrow it is then.<.< Kind of felt like I didn't know what I was doing anyway lol, but seem like a good run. Least the end via subquest option was there.

Top Bottom