• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Huzzah! I didn't want to bug anybody to get my drive so I did it myself. Didn't go too bad except for the 3 cart rides I took. 2 from Tiger Zam (fuck that guy) and 1 to Brach which was my own fault for not bringing more mopeshrooms to keep my stamina up.

Faiz

Just finished Dalamadur for the first time. Really not crazy about that fight. I know people say you should avoid getting hit easily because his windups are so long but I still had issues. Getting meteor spammed in supposedly safe fighting locations, climbing up out of the ravine to a super breath in my face, super breath through his own body on the small platform which there was no way to see coming... Etc. I'm sure after. Few more runs it would get smoother but no thanks.

In the end it was 1 cart and too damn many potions before he fell two hits after the 10 minute warning. Nothing I want from him NOW, and I hope it stays that way.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
In the end it was 1 cart and too damn many potions before he fell two hits after the 10 minute warning. Nothing I want from him NOW, and I hope it stays that way.

If you use blademaster weapons then you'll probably want to build the chest piece for that rebellion up mixed set which gives you Sharp+1, AuL, Razor Sharp and Speed sharpening

I wish I never took that break, the skill gap is so wide now that I have yet to finish the Damaladur quest for myself and when I do finish it if people don't keep fainting they just leave and don't assist me in return. Some guy was wearing Rhenoplos armour and fainted THREE times either this is a troll or people are legit that bad at the game.

I wish I never took that break, the skill gap is so wide now that I have yet to finish the Damaladur quest for myself and when I do finish it if people don't keep fainting they just leave and don't assist me in return. Some guy was wearing Rhenoplos armour and fainted THREE times either this is a troll or people are legit that bad at the game.

I don't think i've seen anybody wearing Rheno armor in this game so far.

How do I reliably get a quest with Yian Kut Ku? He occasionally shows up in expeditions but I don't have any other quests with him. Trying to get to blast weapons, but they are upgraded from kut ku weapons.

How do I reliably get a quest with Yian Kut Ku? He occasionally shows up in expeditions but I don't have any other quests with him. Trying to get to blast weapons, but they are upgraded from kut ku weapons.

If you keep doing expeditions, you'll eventually unlock a guild quest that has him in it. That's the only real way to fight him whenever you want. Just about every monster that you fight in Expedition has a chance to drop a Kut Ku, Basarios, or Velocidrome guild quest.

Saprol

Have to keep doing expeditions. Same for stuff like Yian Garuga, the Basarios variants, some other stuff I can't recall. https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/wiki/guild_quest_monsters This list will tell you when you should enter the Everwood for a chance to get whatever GQ you want. Kut Ku is pretty common. You'll be drowning in Velocidrome and Kut-Ku quests.

welp I gotta do a lot of farming soon to make another mix set. I need parts from Gravios, fragments from expeditions and more fire claws from Teostra. Yay.

Beats

Made a status SnS set using Chameleos set + Grand Hyuga Legs and Status+4/Expert+11 Charm I found the other day:

Critical Eye+2
Status Atk+2
Windproof (Hi)
Sharpness+1
Earplugs
Status Crit

Not really the biggest fan of the look, but whatever lol. I think it's just the helm that bothers me. Also, I can get Crit Eye+3 if I drop Windproof to (Lo), but I'm not sure if the 5% increase is worth it. What monsters would need Windproof (Hi)?

ilium

Made a status SnS set using Chameleos set + Grand Hyuga Legs and Status+4/Expert+11 Charm I found the other day:

Critical Eye+2
Status Atk+2
Windproof (Hi)
Sharpness+1
Earplugs
Status Crit

Not really the biggest fan of the look, but whatever lol. I think it's just the helm that bothers me. Also, I can get Crit Eye+3 if I drop Windproof to (Lo), but I'm not sure if the 5% increase is worth it. What monsters would need Windproof (Hi)?

I want that charm for my status LS set D:

No HG earplugs tho?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do different weapons have different mounting power, or does place and time of hitting the only factors that matter?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Here is a silly question that I guess doesn't matter so much in the long run.

Say you have 1 point of purple sharpness, so your next attack no matter what is gonna drop you to white. Does that attack count as a purple sharpness attack or a white sharpness attack?

Do different weapons have different mounting power, or does place and time of hitting the only factors that matter?

I think like everything else the only thing that matters is how much of a direct hit the blow has and whether or not you have any armor skills that modify mounting. I think having more damage might increase mounting but I'm not sure. I do know however that my dual blades "dash off a ledge" attack seems to guarantee mounting but that's because it hit likes 50 times.

But other than that it seems like everyone weapon is 2 jump attacks for the first mount, beyond that I don't know.

Faiz

I kinda thought once I hit G1 the heavy armor sphere drought would end. But nope :/. 5 gathering runs at A. Steppes and only 1 to show for my troubles.

If you use blademaster weapons then you'll probably want to build the chest piece for that rebellion up mixed set which gives you Sharp+1, AuL, Razor Sharp and Speed sharpening

*sigh* I'd kinda forgotten about that being a Dalamadur item. Balls.

I kinda thought once I hit G1 the heavy armor sphere drought would end. But nope :/. 5 gathering runs at A. Steppes and only 1 to show for my troubles.

*sigh* I'd kinda forgotten about that being a Dalamadur item. Balls.

I know you're G1 but if you can find rooms doing runs at the volcano or mountain you'll get those spheres easily.

Critical Eye+2
Status Atk+2
Windproof (Hi)
Sharpness+1
Earplugs
Status Crit

You posting this reminded me I have all the mats to make the Chameleos set, so I turned on my game to do so and see what I could do with the skills.

...Then I remembered I used my only large elder dragon gem to make the Chameleos bow.

Oh well, something to do when I come back to the game after Bloodborne.

Leezard

I played a few hunts after taking a break for a couple of days.

I learned I should stay away from lvl 140 GQ when I'm tired.

PrankT

Speaking of 140 guild quests, which 140 quests do people find the easiest and most difficult? Double rajang is pretty bad since they don't leave with dung bombs. Apex deviljo is rough. Sneaky difficult is double apex seregios with those large quick swoops. Most annoying is kirin with the constant bouncing and small hit box.

Easiest I've found is shagaru magala. He's great for farming divine spheres. Easiest apex is black diablos, easiest apex with great rewards is velocidrome and rajang.

Ultrabum

Speaking of 140 guild quests, which 140 quests do people find the easiest and most difficult? Double rajang is pretty bad since they don't leave with dung bombs. Apex deviljo is rough. Sneaky difficult is double apex seregios with those large quick swoops. Most annoying is kirin with the constant bouncing and small hit box.

Easiest I've found is shagaru magala. He's great for farming divine spheres. Easiest apex is black diablos, easiest apex with great rewards is velocidrome and rajang.

ya pretty much my thoughts as well.

Although I think apex zinogre is easier than apex diablos.

Critical Eye+2
Status Atk+2
Windproof (Hi)
Sharpness+1
Earplugs
Status Crit

Since I can't make Grand Mizuha arms at the moment, I went with this:

Grand Mizuha everything except arms, Grand Adamance Braces, Creator Talisman (+5 Guard Up, +9 Expert, 3 slots for a total of +14 Expert)

Critical Eye+3
HG Earplugs
Status ATK+2
Windproof (Lo)
Status Crit

Do I have to fight D. Mohran twice in a row for the Caravan Quests? I just beat him and it looks like I have to do it again for "Shipping Out". Any advice for a longsword player? I beat him but I had no idea what I was supposed to do so I mostly just stabbed his hand, then got on his back and hit the...I think horn?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I wanted an ukanlos gem so I went online.

I joined a farm room with 3 dudes and proudly said OKAY GEM TIME

They all laughed at me.

Kill Ukanlos

Get gem

WHOSE LAUGHING NOW?

Shengar

Since I can't make Grand Mizuha arms at the moment, I went with this:

Grand Mizuha everything except arms, Grand Adamance Braces, Creator Talisman (+5 Guard Up, +9 Expert, 3 slots for a total of +14 Expert)

Critical Eye+3
HG Earplugs
Status ATK+2
Windproof (Lo)
Status Crit

I would kill triple Rajang for that charm alone, completing my Empress X set.

Oh man...Blossomayhem or Azureling Sunsear...I like the rapidfire capabilites of the Azureling line way better. But Blossomayhem just looks infinitely cooler (Don't much care for how the los line gun looks with long barrel or silencer). A gold and silver m249? Badass. I mean, I guess I could take off the limiter on the blossomayhem.

tuffy

Oh man...Blossomayhem or Azureling Sunsear...
Clearly the solution is to forge both.

I've always enjoyed how the Rathalos line eventually rapid-fires 4 normal lv. 2 shots instead of the usual 3. Bump that up to 5 with Bonus Shot and it can turn into a stream of 35 bullets before reloading. It may not be easy to find a safe window to fire that many shots at once per volley, but it sure is fun.

Unicorn

Where is my Caravaneer's Challenge? I've done all 1-9star village quests, gold check, all urgent, with only the option powderstone quest in 8star undone. What am I missing?

Do I have to fight D. Mohran twice in a row for the Caravan Quests? I just beat him and it looks like I have to do it again for "Shipping Out". Any advice for a longsword player? I beat him but I had no idea what I was supposed to do so I mostly just stabbed his hand, then got on his back and hit the...I think horn?

Nevermind, I just didn't realize what all of the parts of the ship do. Weird that they have you fight him twice in a row. Beat him twice then fought Kirin who was easy but really annoying.

Now I don't have a new quest though. Do I have to go to a different town or something?

Edit: looks like I just had to select Dundorma on the map. Strange since they usually automatically take you to the new town.

Woo, finally HR caravan quests!

Top Bottom