• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Unicorn

Even on 6*? You sure it's not a silver check? Because all that's required for caravaneers challenge as far as I know (since this is how I got it) is full clear 6* and all the urgents.

IMG_20150401_191653015_zpshs03kanh.jpg

IMG_20150401_191659391_HDR_zpsig9svtvi.jpg
After urgents are beat the cycle in and out. If I had an unfinished urgent, it would be available.

Anyone down to help with some G2 key quests? I haven't done many yet.
02-5469-9978-8083

I'll take the password down if there's no interest.

Unicorn

every character, every town, every room?

all HR7 quests? maybe something's hidden in there
Elder in the cave in Cathar didn't have a bubble on the map. Just handed me Daora lol. I was in there just the other day and ran close to him. Either I didn't get close enough for it to pop up or it glitched. Time to destroy Daora

Shengar

Elder in the cave in Cathar didn't have a bubble on the map. Just handed me Daora lol. I was in there just the other day and ran close to him. Either I didn't get close enough for it to pop up or it glitched. Time to destroy Daora

Tips on Caravaneer's Challenge: Let monster with the bigger fist do the talking ;)

Just did Caravaneer's myself.

Think I had like four seperate and distinct heart attacks during that shit.

Shaggy Maggy is no where NEAR as bad as Super Saiyan Assholejang though jesus tittleballs. That pin. ;_;

Rainbow chef's outfit WORTH IT THOUGH

Mzo

Took out Molten Tigrex and Apex Seregios from the scrolls I've deciphered so far.

I skipped Akantor because we had just done him a million times for the Hero outfit and it was horribly boring.

Juraash

Tonight has been pretty quiet for monster hunter sadly. Now that I've experienced the 5 minute GAF kills in g-rank nothing else seems quite as fun lol.

Shengar

What's a good way to grind up caravan points?

Or is there even one?
If you really want a quick and painless Caravan Point grinding, gather mushrooms from the Everwood. If you want it little harder but less tedious, hunt monster.
I swear fainting once is a self fulfilling prophecy.

You're just gonna end up being that guy that carts twice.

Especially so if your first faint come from monster that aggroed to you for a full minute

ohlawd

Especially so if you're a HBG and the other two people are lancers both running the Sneak skill. fuuuuuck you, if anything a lancer should be using Taunt.

lmao

I made the Narga set ages ago to elicit these responses

cuz fuck everyone. I handle mine

Shengar

Especially so if you're a HBG and the other two people are lancers both running the Sneak skill. fuuuuuck you, if anything a lancer should be using Taunt.

Seriously I hope Capcom make Taunt a separate, positive skill in the next game or at least better negative gem of it. It's no brainer that Taunt works well with Lancer and Gunlancer, especially if they build Guard Lancing. The only set I know that almost have innate Taunt with guarding skill is Lavasioth X.

shutko

Neo Member
I can't play online and I just beat the crimson fatalis, I've been putting off the frenzied stygian zinogre / seregios. After the 10 star quests do I unlock solo g rank, or is all of g rank online?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Finally put this thing together, it's my version of the rebellion up because I didn't feel like doing arena quests, plus for some reason I don't have the jho one unlocked. Talisman is just a sharpness +4, whatever +whatever talisman.

I have another one thats sharpness +4 with 1 slot that I just found that I swap in when the weapon has no slots.

Seriously I hope Capcom make Taunt a separate, positive skill in the next game or at least better negative gem of it. It's no brainer that Taunt works well with Lancer and Gunlancer, especially if they build Guard Lancing. The only set I know that almost have innate Taunt with guarding skill is Lavasioth X.
Recovery speed +2 and Stalwart are almost worth the pain flame aura brings from konchus.

colinp

Banned
Made it to high rank Caravan! Woohoo!

I'm sure it's been asked a million times but I need to ask myself!

What's a good armor to shoot for early in high? I'm using a hammer usually.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Made it to high rank Caravan! Woohoo!

I'm sure it's been asked a million times but I need to ask myself!

What's a good armor to shoot for early in high? I'm using a hammer usually.

Velociprey works pretty well, the attack bonus is nice and everything else is gravy. Plus it's easy as shit to get, just farm the double hunt a few times and you're done.

colinp

Banned
Velociprey S requires Heavenly Crystal. Where are you supposed to find that so early in Caravan 7?

From what I can find it only comes from Basarios...?

tuffy

Velociprey S requires Heavenly Crystal. Where are you supposed to find that so early in Caravan 7?
Can you go on high rank expeditions? Heavenly Crystal should turn up regularly from the mining nodes.
wtf

he sure doesn't stagger that easy when I try it. Probably needs some very specific gear.
Attack Up (XL), Critical Draw and Focus should add up to some pretty big hits if one can get the level 3 charged strikes off. I should throw some blademaster sets together...

colinp

Banned
Can you go on high rank expeditions? Heavenly Crystal should turn up regularly from the mining nodes.

Attack Up (XL), Critical Draw and Focus should add up to some pretty big hits if one can get the level 3 charged strikes off. I should throw some blademaster sets together...

Speak of the devil! I found them on the velociprey expedition!

But now what about Avian Finebones? Anyone have any idea what caravan 7 has jaggi?

Pila

I just saw the ultimate credits. Loved them, I want
a gathering hall with tons of people
in the next game for real, it'd be awesome.

So close to the real deal, g rank here I come, wait for me.

tuffy

Speak of the devil! I found them on the velociprey expedition!

But now what about Avian Finebones? Anyone have any idea what caravan 7 has jaggi?
The little Jaggi and Jaggia with Finebones turn up in the high rank Steppe Harvest Tour. Forget the area number, but it's on the northwest part of the map.

Rawk Hawk

Nooo, I've been living a lie... I thought 10 star Caravan quests were all G Rank. I just got to the Apex Seregios, Death of a Thousand Cuts, a 10 star quest. I was thinking it was time for Regios X armor, starting thinking about what I was going to slot in.. but looking at the rewards he is just High Rank.

It does look like 10 star gets quests like 6 star did (via online progression), which I'm assuming will have G Rank parts?

colinp

Banned
The little Jaggi and Jaggia with Finebones turn up in the high rank Steppe Harvest Tour. Forget the area number, but it's on the northwest part of the map.

Thanks!

Apparently they're also a bonus drop for the velociprey quest. Gotta be more patient and just trust the game I think. ;)

Mupod

Nooo, I've been living a lie... I thought 10 star Caravan quests were all G Rank. I just got to the Apex Seregios, Death of a Thousand Cuts, a 10 star quest. I was thinking it was time for Regios X armor, starting thinking about what I was going to slot in.. but looking at the rewards he is just High Rank.

It does look like 10 star gets quests like 6 star did (via online progression), which I'm assuming will have G Rank parts?

You won't start getting G rank caravan quests until you actually reach the appropriate rank in the gathering hall. They are a good place to solo farm though, glad they give us this option now.

Does anyone know of a good article covering how the Palico minigame works? And recruiting palicoes in general. Like, what different traits are out there, is there any way to influence which you get, is there an efficient way to power level them, etc...

Mupod

Does anyone know of a good article covering how the Palico minigame works? And recruiting palicoes in general. Like, what different traits are out there, is there any way to influence which you get, is there an efficient way to power level them, etc...

Certain types of cats tend to show up in certain maps.

I can't tell you much about leveling them or choosing specific types since I don't really bother with that stuff. I will say that I like bomb cats as a ranged player and support cats otherwise.

As for Meownster Hunters, you want to get 1-2 cats with Unreal Blocking. It's very useful, although near as I can tell the only way to get it is just to keep recruiting cats.

Before sending them out take a look at the abilities that show up on the route you're sending them on and counter them, it's rock-paper-scissors. The final enemy on the route is always by far the hardest so make sure to counter its attacks. Having multiple bomb attacks will power up your bombs, etc. Sometimes you'll see an enemy with two ability types - what I do in that situation is I use cat attacks that aren't weak to either ability. Even if it's not 'strong' against that monster, unreal blocking will probably keep you going until it's defeated.

If you see a star on the route, that means Trenya will show up. He was a recurring character in past games and will give your cats scraps from monsters that aren't in MH4U. It's how I got my sweet ass Wroggi hat.

Is there any reason to carry my 3ds for streetpass for this game? I only ever get guild cards (and <1 per day), and my understanding is that those aren't helpful unless you actually play with that person.

Edit: for any longsword users: should I build raw swords like the crab cutter? I've got a nice collection of elemental blades and usually match up to a monster's weakness, so I haven't been building raw swords.

Thanks!

Apparently they're also a bonus drop for the velociprey quest. Gotta be more patient and just trust the game I think. ;)

I just got the D. Hermitaur quest. How many quests did you have after that to get to Velociprey? I've been trying to look up the quest chain for unlocks, but it is unclear, and I really want to upgrade from my Vel armor to Vel S haha.

Top Bottom