• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Damn, new DLC already. Didn't even do any of the first batch.

Luckily I'm done with classes next week, will finally able to progress in MH :D Time to finish the village quests, do some DLC and hop online.

Man, tonight was fun. Where did the time go? Jesus. MH is a scary series when it comes to that, haha.

Thanks for the games, PK and mzo. First time I played with fellow GAF members; it was great. As expected, of course.

Can't wait for future games with you guys and others!

PKrockin

Man, tonight was fun. Where did the time go? Jesus. MH is a scary series when it comes to that, haha.

Thanks for the games, PK and mzo. First time I played with fellow GAF members; it was great. As expected, of course.

Can't wait for future games with you guys and others!
I know, right? I was planning to go to bed early tonight. lol

PrankT

Glad you guys had fun. Tonight was the worst for me. So many carts in every room, including me. Randoms just looking out for themselves. I got kicked twice in a row because I needed to change my loadout so we wouldn't have two hunting horns. They didn't wait 2 seconds. Just terrible. Ugh.

tuffy

I'd love to lend a hand, but I'll be occupied at work for some hours.

I did get a chance to practice bowgunning Tigrexes a bit more, though. I've discovered that taking the limiters off the Seregios guns actually brings their normal lv. 2 clip sizes up to something respectable - 6 or 7 shots - which makes them a bit more practical in some cases. Light bowgunning Tigrex takes a couple of minutes longer and uses more ammo than heavy bowgunning him, but I do tend to take fewer hits. Using the Molten Tigrex or Seregios HBG takes about the same amount of time; the Seregios' auto-reload feature seemingly compensates for its slightly lower attack power. And it seems like the main reason I wind up taking hits from Tigrex in the first place is simply because I run out of stamina while dodging so many times in a row. So I swapped in some parts to my armor set for Constitution +1 instead of Critical Eye +1 to see if that makes a difference.

I'd love to lend a hand, but I'll be occupied at work for some hours.

I did get a chance to practice bowgunning Tigrexes a bit more, though. I've discovered that taking the limiters off the Seregios guns actually brings their normal lv. 2 clip sizes up to something respectable - 6 or 7 shots - which makes them a bit more practical in some cases. Light bowgunning Tigrex takes a couple of minutes longer and uses more ammo than heavy bowgunning him, but I do tend to take fewer hits. Using the Molten Tigrex or Seregios HBG takes about the same amount of time; the Seregios' auto-reload feature seemingly compensates for its slightly lower attack power. And it seems like the main reason I wind up taking hits from Tigrex in the first place is simply because I run out of stamina while dodging so many times in a row. So I swapped in some parts to my armor set for Constitution +1 instead of Critical Eye +1 to see if that makes a difference.

Hmmmm that's interesting.
I practiced against High Rank Tigrex with second-to-last in the Rath line (Rapid Fire Normal 2s 4x, Flaming 3x, Crag1 3x), and it went pretty well, but I was still getting hit a decent amount. Being locked in place for 4 shots is just killer. I'm thinking limiter removal may be necessary.

tuffy

This. I was really hoping for the Samus stuff. Does anyone know if the Samus arm cannon is actually a weapon and what type it is? Or were there just some images?
The Samus arm cannon is a light bowgun. It showed up briefly in one of the videos and one could tell by how it sheathes and what looked like some sort of rapid-fire shot.

Leezard

After 300 hours of MH4U I finally get a warning for low battery in the circle pad pro. I bought it late in 3U so that game probably only contributed 10 hours or so.

deim0s

Any suggestions for breaking Teostra's horns? I need the Charge Blade and I am missing 2 horns because they are impossible to break.

I don't know if it still applies but back in Freedom 2, you have to wilt Teo below 40% health or so to be able to break the horns.

Best thing to do is to get a group going to help you pile the damage to the head.

I don't know if it still applies but back in Freedom 2, you have to wilt Teo below 40% health or so to be able to break the horns.

Best thing to do is to get a group going to help you pile the damage to the head.

I believe I've broken the horns way before 40% using rapid fire Crag shots, so I don't think that rule applies in 4U.
But that's a great way to do it if you can gun - get a rapid fire Crag gun and melt his face off.

Shengar

After 300 hours of MH4U I finally get a warning for low battery in the circle pad pro. I bought it late in 3U so that game probably only contributed 10 hours or so.
375 hours, and my circle pad pro battery still going strong.
If they're doing all the original 4 stuff first then we still have a ways to go before G events.
They should at least make the Caravan Silver Los and Gold Ian G Rank smh

It still applied I think. If Daora or Teostra cut off, that mean soon or later their horn will be broken too, and so does the reverse. But no matter how hard you hit their horn or tail, they will be broken at much later point in the fight.
Those were some good games, but that Chaos Gore still hurts xP
I want to use my Lance, then I remembered how that thing hit like a truck.

tuffy

I think Chaos Gore is a ton of fun, but then again I like fighting Gore and he's mostly a harder-hitting variant. I wound up using some Mega Dash Juices on him though just because he really bounces around when enraged.

Leezard

Indeed. I need to hone my remaining guns for defense ASAP. I got lucky/unlucky so that I almost only have zenith L gems, and I think it would be a shame to meld items with them to gain regular zenith gems. :p

Anybody want to do HR2 stuff with me? To make it go by faster.
I'm RandomMt on the game.
The passcode is 1528

EDIT: Guess I should also mention that I like to do all the quests, not skip any.

Shengar

Indeed. I need to hone my remaining guns for defense ASAP. I got lucky/unlucky so that I almost only have zenith L gems, and I think it would be a shame to meld items with them to gain regular zenith gems. :p
If you need regular zenith wyvern, you could just hit the easiest Apex Monster: Apex Najarala. Zenith L is much harder to obtain, converting them to the regular isn't worth the headache after.
Just beat The Caravaneer's Challenge. No carts, plenty of potions remaining. :)

It was still very tense, though.

You must be let Rajang do the cleaning job on Zinogre.

Leezard

If you need regular zenith wyvern, you could just hit the easiest Apex Monster: Apex Najarala. Zenith L is much harder to obtain, converting them to the regular isn't worth the headache after.

You must be let Rajang do the cleaning job on Zinogre.

Yeah, that seems to be the most reasonable option.

tuffy

Yeah now that I think about it, would defense honing on dual blades make sense?
Why not? It's basically just more defense and a built-in Divine Blessing skill. Might be handy if you're worried about taking some hits.

I'm liable to hone for attack on my remaining heavy bowguns just because I can always swap in a shield if I really need to avoid being clobbered. But one of my light bowguns is defense honed just because I use it against stuff like Chameleos who can hit hard if I'm not careful.

I used smoke bombs to take out the Zinogre first, without Rajang noticing.

Without the benefit of those, it might not have gone as smoothly.

What's the lobby number (14-digit code)?

Uhhh...Hold up I'm in the middle of a quest.

EDIT: Ok it's 22-6646-9649-6247
EDIT #2: The passcode is 1528

Shengar

I used smoke bombs to take out the Zinogre first, without Rajang noticing.

Without the benefit of those, it might not have gone as smoothly.

I'm actually running around, baiting Rajang to use its Kamehameha beam on Zinogre. Took 15 minutes until Zin down, but it only takes less than 10 minutes to clean up the rest lol

Prisoner

Uhhh...Hold up I'm in the middle of a quest.

EDIT: Ok it's 22-6646-9649-6247

I'll be there shortly. :)

EDIT: Erm... I doesn't seem to exist. Can you check again?

I'm actually running around, baiting Rajang to use its Kamehameha beam on Zinogre. Took 15 minutes until Zin down, but it only takes less than 10 minutes to clean up the rest lol

I didn't check the time, but it didn't seem to take awfully long. It's a good thing they nerf the health of monsters in multi-target quests.

Top Bottom