• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

No its the guild quest one, I heard that its the harder quests but its literally the only place I can find that has a great jaggi quests. I dont know where the Caravan is but in Val Habar when I go to the lady for quests there's nothing for the Great Jaggi.
You need to do some of the prerequisite quests before you'll get to Great Jaggi's Caravan quest. Though the Gargwa Egg quest and the Sushifish quest are optional, you'll need to work through the others before "Jaggi Alliance" shows up on the list.

Rawk Hawk

No its the guild quest one, I heard that its the harder quests but its literally the only place I can find that has a great jaggi quests. I dont know where the Caravan is but in Val Habar when I go to the lady for quests there's nothing for the Great Jaggi.

Thanks I'll check out that video. No, I was just rolling to avoid his attacks and pressing X or A whenever I thought I had an opening (which I'm usually correct 90% of the time, but since my armor sucks that 10% adds up quick as it takes off a lot of health) and I also try to draw him towards a ledge and then roll off it and attack in mid air to mount him.

Oh if you are in the Gathering Hall that's the multiplayer area and things will be harder there. Maybe you need to do some quests with the guild lady to unlock your next quests there? Usually you either need to hunt something, talk to someone with a yellow text bubble, or go on an expedition to advance the story. Caravan G Jaggi I think is a 2 star quest?

Iryx

Caravan quests are the single player quests, from Guildmarm (Green-clothed lady). There should be a Great Jaggi quest, in the 2* quests called "Jaggi Alliance", it has some prerequistes though, you need to do the "Lair Scare" quest to unlock it.

You need to do some of the prerequisite quests before you'll get to Great Jaggi's Caravan quest. Though the Gargwa Egg quest and the Sushifish quest are optional, you'll need to work through the others before "Jaggi Alliance" shows up on the list.

So if I get all the level 2 quests done it'll pop up? I also have an urgent quest though, the "Swing into Action" Kecha Wacha one, that I'm stuck on which is why I'm trying to find a Great Jaggi. Do I have to finish that one?

tuffy

So if I get all the level 2 quests done it'll pop up? I also have an urgent quest though, the "Swing into Action" Kecha Wacha one, that I'm stuck on which is why I'm trying to find a Great Jaggi. Do I have to finish that one?
You don't have to do "Swing Into Action" to get to Great Jaggi. The requirements are "Lair Scare", "Chip Off the Old Blockade", "Ancestral Steppe Fungus Run", "Den Mothers" and "Kelbi Cure-All", if I'm not mistaken.

Iryx

Lair Scare should be the only quest you need to do to unlock it, all the other prerequisites are Key Quests, which you should already have completed since you unlocked the Urgent quest.

You don't have to do "Swing Into Action" to get to Great Jaggi. The requirements are "Lair Scare", "Chip Off the Old Blockade", "Ancestral Steppe Fungus Run", "Den Mothers" and "Kelbi Cure-All", if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks. Is there any way to find this stuff in game?

EDIT:

Lair Scare should be the only quest you need to do to unlock it, all the other prerequisites are Key Quests, which you should already have completed since you unlocked the Urgent quest.

I already completed that. Actually I already completed all of those. Not sure why the jaggi quest isnt popping up.

tuffy

I already completed that. Actually I already completed all of those. Not sure why the jaggi quest isnt popping up.
As long as you keep doing all the quests on a given tier and keep talking to everybody, they should all show up eventually. Is there somebody with a little yellow dialogue box that needs talking to, perhaps?

Rawk Hawk

I believe the NPC that gives you Lair Scare will need to be chatted with again after the quest, if I remember correctly they complain about G Jaggi getting in the way or something. So there isn't anything specific in game to tell you that doing x quest will unlock y, but just know it happens. Even more so for later quests where online advancements will unlock offline stuff, checking online will likely be your best bet if you are looking to fight a specific monster you can't seem to locate.

Iryx

EDIT:

Are there people around Val Habar with yellow text bubbles above their heads? Try talking with all of them and see if any of them gives you the quest.

I believe the NPC that gives you Lair Scare will need to be chatted with again after the quest, if I remember correctly they complain about G Jaggi getting in the way or something. So there isn't anything specific in game to tell you that doing x quest will unlock y, but just know it happens. Even more so for later quests where online advancements will unlock offline stuff, checking online will likely be your best bet if you are looking to fight a specific monster you can't seem to locate.

Oh yeah, I started talking to all the villagers and eventually found the one. Guess every time i go to the village I should make it a habit to talk to everyone with a yellow text bubble since I lost track for me to keep track of which one I talked to for which quest haha.

Faiz

Oh yeah, I started talking to all the villagers and eventually found the one. Guess every time i go to the village I should make it a habit to talk to everyone since its hard for me to keep track of which one I talked to for which quest haha.

No need to go around talking to everyone all the time. The town map shows a speech bubble in the general area of someone if they need to speak to you.

No need to go around talking to everyone all the time. The town map shows a speech bubble in the general area of someone if they need to speak to you.

Oh, thats handy. Yeah the person I needed to speak to was off in the distance so their yellow bubble wasn't showing up in the game screen but that works.

Is there a resource with all the guild card backgrounds? I mean the ones that appear on the lower screen, that let me know what level my guild card actually is.

I'm starting to wonder if getting a VE Cosmic ticket is going to be easier to get the Rath Mantle than hunting Silver Rath.

tuffy

Hey tuffy any good HBG's for Normal? I'm not really good with Pierce
The Livid Griscannon from Molten Tigrex is the very best normal shot HBG available now (though there's a White Fatalis gun that equals it once the DLC arrives, apparently). Otherwise, the Seregios HBG is just a small step down - about 3% less attack power, 5% less affinity and its auto-reload feature makes the smallish normal lv. 3 clip less of a problem.

PrankT

I made that same mistake. Guild quests are a lot harder to solo that early on in the game (I never bothered to solo an online quest until wayyyy later). Everyone already addressed this, but stick to the caravan and play guild quests with a group of people whenever you feel like going online. Once you get a better handle on gameplay you can decide if you want to solo a guild quest. Whenever you hit a wall it's either because you are doing the wrong quest or need to upgrade your weapon/armor.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Oh yeah, I started talking to all the villagers and eventually found the one. Guess every time i go to the village I should make it a habit to talk to everyone with a yellow text bubble since I lost track for me to keep track of which one I talked to for which quest haha.
Check other towns later on as you go too - you'll move on from Val Habar eventually and sometimes the only way to advance the story is to approach NPC's in the new town area.

Shengar

I found a Spirit +5, Handicraft +7 charm personally. I'd believe almost any combination is possible at this point.
Tuffy, you're a gunner right? Mind giving me THAT charm? >__>
The game keep giving me a charm with gunner skill/crit draw, driving me insane.

This so much. Virtually zero effort is needed to join rooms posted when I don't have to turn on a tv and a console. My 3DS has practically been in sleep mode for over a month; poor battery.

Despite this, I can't find the time to do much of anything recently. I haven't been this swamped in work/school in ages. Ugh. I really want to get back to this.

Airan

About 20 B.Gravios later I finally have a Pallium. Fucking hell.

One Shaggy Maggy hunt after, a Mantle AND Phosgem. This game, man... :D

Shengar

About 20 B.Gravios later I finally have a Pallium. Fucking hell.

One Shaggy Maggy hunt after, a Mantle AND Phosgem. This game, man... :D

I got 3 pallium from a single B Gravios
Meanwhile after yesterday session of 10 Shagaru Magalas, all I got from carve is frikkin phosgems

Shengar

And yet, my Gore CB is still rare 3 because I haven't gotten a single phosgem ever.

Don't worry, I think Ceadeus CB worth your time more than Magala CB!
I shouldn't doing this again if I hadn't see Magala LBG calculation on reddit and its promising way on raw bowgunning >__>

Wanderer5

Still no sight of a brach gem nor his pallium, which I need one not only for the armor, but also to upgrade the dios charge blade.:x

Think I just shift focus a bit to Shrouded Nerscylla for its armor, cause it doesn't seem to be hard to make and I could get together a poison set with it and the regular Nerscylla's charge blade for the poison. And I just a bit tired of Brachydios heh.

Either poison or will a CB with a sleep status be worth it?

Beats

Still no sight of a brach gem nor his pallium, which I need one not only for the armor, but also to upgrade the dios charge blade.:x

If you have any VE Golden Tickets you can trade one of those for a brach gem in the Volcanic Hollow. VE Cosmic Tickets can get you a brach pallium too, but you have to do a lot of unique quests before you can start getting those.

Wanderer5

If you have any VE Golden Tickets you can trade one of those for a brach gem in the Volcanic Hollow. VE Cosmic Tickets can get you a brach pallium too, but you have to do a lot of unique quests before you can start getting those.

Bleh think I just started getting bronze tickets.

Shengar

Think I just shift focus a bit to Shrouded Nerscylla for its armor, cause it doesn't seem to be hard to make and I could get together a poison set with it and the regular Nerscylla's charge blade for the poison. And I just a bit tired of Brachydios heh.

Either poison or will a CB with a sleep status be worth it?

Farm different set of monsters if you can't get what you want. I got mentally exhausted from hunting 10 Shagaru Magalas yesterday and I don't realize it.

Wanderer5

Farm different set of monsters if you can't get what you want. I got mentally exhausted from hunting 10 Shagaru Magalas yesterday and I don't realize it.

Oh jeez lol. I tend to just jab at Brach 1-2 times now. One day I probably give it another go again with more, but yeah break time from him till I move forward some more in G-rank once I look into Nerscylla Z. Shrouded Nerscylla doesn't seem to have any rare items that are pallium level, so I giving it a shot. Well least I have the Tetsucabra Z that is a fine blastblight alt for the time being.

Shengar

The thing with mental exhaustion is that it'll affect my physical body. I know that I shouldn't farm one monster for too long since that's what I'm actually do with 3U. But I can't helped it when I enter a room where the host wearing Grand Mizuha set with Najarala IG. Entering a good random room could be a curse or a bless, depends on the luck of your drop.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The thing with mental exhaustion is that it'll affect my physical body. I know that I shouldn't farm one monster for too long since that's what I'm actually do with 3U. But I can't helped it when I enter a room where the host wearing Grand Mizuha set with Najarala IG. Entering a good random room could be a curse or a bless, depends on the luck of your drop.
I could be your IG.

Anyone up for helpin a G2 brother out, getting to G3? On the docket are:

Brute Tigrex
Bracy/Stygian Zinogre
Diablos
Black Diablos
Urgent

29-9746-6490-6633

I want to know why earlier in the day a team of randoms couldn't beat chaos gore but throw em in a GQ for G Gore and they managed to do it?

I want to know why earlier in the day a team of randoms couldn't beat chaos gore but throw em in a GQ for G Gore and they managed to do it?

How come people can't handle G Rathalos?

The answer is random players.

Still looking for Shahs even though I have a Doku set. I just like the idea of being able to get Challenger+2 going.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What the fuck is wrong with my fucking cats? Pink Rathian is the only fucking fight where they don't heal me from poison as soon as it happens, which is kind of a problem because I keep getting poisoned every ten fucking seconds and running off to chug an antidote is getting me fucking killed

Oh yeah, also, attacks that both poison and stun you are still the stupidest bullshit ever

Shengar

What the fuck is wrong with my fucking cats? Pink Rathian is the only fucking fight where they don't heal me from poison as soon as it happens, which is kind of a problem because I keep getting poisoned every ten fucking seconds and running off to chug an antidote is getting me fucking killed

Oh yeah, also, attacks that both poison and stun you are still the stupidest bullshit ever

They'll probably try to heal you but got interrupted because they stand too close to Pinky. Happened a lot to me, especially during the time I need most.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucking fucking fuck the two weapon types I've been using so far are awful for this fight. I can't use Gunlance because she moves and attacks so fast that I can't shield quick enough and I can't use Longsword because I can never get my combo off because she never fucking stops moving

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Fucking fucking fuck the two weapon types I've been using so far are awful for this fight. I can't use Gunlance because she moves and attacks so fast that I can't shield quick enough and I can't use Longsword because I can never get my combo off because she never fucking stops moving
... I use the Longsword...

Top Bottom