• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

PrankT

Well had parts to make the Rare 9 Seregios Hammer.. so going to learn some hammer! Been wanting to give it a go, just happen to be the only rare 9 I could currently make. Right now I'm sporting Regios X with Evasion +3 slotted in. Mainly a switch axe user, but do like to lance a little, and the evasion is nice for both. Just not sure if I want that on hammer.

What do you guys make sure to have on your hammer armor? I'm thinking HGE or maybe Adrenaline (not use to being in somethings face...).

Challenger 2 and hg earplugs are my favorites for hammer, followed by honed blade or attack up, sharpness (if needed), and evasion. Razor sharp is handy as well, especially for seregios hammer. Tremor and negate bleed is good for specific monsters. Evade distance is nice for mobility, but sometimes gets you out of position. As time has gone on I generally skip evasion on my sets, but it's still nice to have if it helps you be more aggressive.

Rawk Hawk

Challenger 2 and hg earplugs are my favorites for hammer, followed by honed blade or attack up, sharpness (if needed), and evasion. Razor sharp is handy as well, especially for seregios hammer. Tremor and negate bleed is good for specific monsters. Evade distance is nice for mobility, but sometimes gets you out of position. As time has gone on I generally skip evasion on my sets, but it's still nice to have if it helps you be more aggressive.

Challenger is one of those skills I always avoid, mainly because I'm scared and usually run away when things get mad at me, haha. My mixed gore set back in high rank had it, and other than a red light telling me it's time to be more cautious, I don't know if I made good use of it.

Now that I'm more seasoned though, I'll look into it, not sure if I have a charm or not. HGE seem like a given swap for some of that evasion though, roaring me out of a charge is pretty annoying. Of course the first hammer run I did with it was verse Khezu who just won't shut up some times.

Thanks for the input!

Challenger is an amazing ability once you have experience to put it to good use. A monster's angered form isn't always that much different from their normal state, just a little faster. Good battlefield control and weapon mastery that comes from experience lends you to doing much better in the higher ranks.

I've just bought a N3DSXL, can't wait to see this game at a higher framerate.

tuffy

I been having problems with getting onto the online of MH4U since yesterday. Keeps telling me to try again later.
I've had particularly nasty connection failures put my game into some sort of borked state where it can't connect to any online rooms at all. When that happens, I've had success simply quitting the game, power cycling my whole 3DS, and trying again.

I'm confused about something. In 3U, most recommended dual blades builds included Element Attack Up, but now all I find is people recommending Honed Blade instead. I thought Attack Up skills only affected the raw damage of the weapon?

Also, is it now better to make an Element+3 for each type instead of Element Attack Up?

Still trying to get a Nyctgem. Killed about 20 Gores and nothing. I got bored, went to kill a Rathalos to break out of boredom and to test a new SnS, and got a Mantle AND a Ruby, the Mantle from a Shiny...

Gore's fun and all, but... could I please get a Nyctgem already?

Finally hit G rank last night and now I have access to the Elder Hall. Feels good man. Took about 125 hrs, including getting up to 9* caravan and farming a ton for weapons/armor sets. How long did it take you guys to hit G rank?

Is there anything worthwhile DLC wise for a Charge Blade user?

I'm wondering if I should make the effort to tackle those quests or just continue on with my caravan quests (currently about to face Tigrex for the first time, caravan 5)

Finally hit G rank last night and now I have access to the Elder Hall. Feels good man. Took about 125 hrs, including getting up to 9* caravan and farming a ton for weapons/armor sets. How long did it take you guys to hit G rank?

About the same amount as you, give or take 10 hours or so. Was a pretty good feeling. I had already done 1 or 2 10* quests, and a few new ones opened, which was cool.

Prototype

Anyone have the star Knight quest?

Have an idea for a set, but I guess I need to know someone who has this quest.

Edit.
I'll be on later in 4 hours or so. if anyone has it.

PKrockin

Last night I hunted Diablos/Black Diablos with a G2 HR29 guy with around 200 defense. I expected complete failure. I don't think I ever saw him get hit in those three hunts and he got a number of KOs. Don't judge a book by its cover, I guess.

Shengar

Is there anything worthwhile DLC wise for a Charge Blade user?

I'm wondering if I should make the effort to tackle those quests or just continue on with my caravan quests (currently about to face Tigrex for the first time, caravan 5)
Just continue, the DLCs not only hard for you at the moment none of them are particularly useful forbCB user.
...UHHHHG! Even after doing all that it still won't connect! WHY!?!!? My 3DS says I have a connection!
It's probably your ISP since MH uss peer to peer connection IIRC
Last night I hunted Diablos/Black Diablos with a G2 HR29 guy with around 200 defense. I expected complete failure. I don't think I ever saw him get hit in those three hunts and he got a number of KOs. Don't judge a book by its cover, I guess.
It's quite possible that the guy is a vwteran that just started a new charactee.

Shengar

I haven't gotten the Gog stuff as I've only been able to run him once with my usual group (awesome fight), but I have the Cera Cymmetry which seems to be the most popular GS online at the moment. So raw damage, not elemental.
There are two:
Kushala X
Lagiacrus X
Both are very solid GS set. Kushala is much better all around set since for Lagiacrus it have awaken skill that rather a waste on GS. But even then, if you have the charm for easy Sharpness+1, Lagiacrus can make quite a combo with Pale Kaiser.

seriously what's wrong with my GQ Teostra, I stuck at this lv133 rare for like a week. People came, jumped in when Teostra preparing to use Nova and died; asshole came, mined and quit, like wtf

Shout out to Stylo and Sassy for helping me blow through HR7 keys like nobody's business.

Now my head is spinning with how to get started on G-rank stuff. Advice is appreciated!

Prisoner

Shout out to Stylo and Sassy for helping me blow through HR7 keys like nobody's business.

Now my head is spinning with how to get started on G-rank stuff. Advice is appreciated!

You're welcome! (Stylo here)

Get the Seregios armor set as soon as you can. G1 urgent is Seregios, iirc. In the meantime, either stick with your current armor set or make whichever early G set is easiest (I made the Ash Kecha set, but I didn't end up using it very long).

If youre online around 7 PST, mind sharing it?

Sorry, I won't be able to at that time. How about ~7am PST?

Top Bottom