• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Boogiepop

What element is Dalamadur laser? Is that Dragon? I managed to dodge it just fine, but the rest of my group was having trouble and we carted out three times in a row and called it a night just now. It one hits them or close enough is the problem. Any tips?

Also, goddamn Molten Tigrex online needs a massive HR to do, damn it. Now I'm going to have to solo him, and I don't like the idea of trying to break his face for the fangs I need....

Edit: Also, does everyone need to do both that urgent and the second one for each person to upgrade?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
*sigh*

I can beat Gold Rathian and early G-Rank monsters without carting, but a plain old high rank Brachy double carts me damn near every time. This is where I regret not playing 3U enough to get to Brachy. =/

Shengar

What element is Dalamadur laser? Is that Dragon? I managed to dodge it just fine, but the rest of my group was having trouble and we carted out three times in a row and called it a night just now. It one hits them or close enough is the problem. Any tips?

Also, goddamn Molten Tigrex online needs a massive HR to do, damn it. Now I'm going to have to solo him, and I don't like the idea of trying to break his face for the fangs I need....

Edit: Also, does everyone need to do both that urgent and the second one for each person to upgrade?
It's fire but really its beam is easily avoidable by doing superman dive when the beam is about to pass you through.

Shout out to Stylo and Sassy for helping me blow through HR7 keys like nobody's business.

Now my head is spinning with how to get started on G-rank stuff. Advice is appreciated!

Congrats, I just hit G rank myself last night. yay now I get to farm armor spheres right off the bat. Looks like heavy are now available. Get my armor a little more maxed before I start the hunts.

Boogiepop

It's fire but really its beam is easily avoidable by doing superman dive when the beam is about to pass you through.

Thanks. And yeah, that's what I was doing and he didn't touch me once, but apparently they can't quite manage it, so a backup plan would be nice.

Shengar

Thanks. And yeah, that's what I was doing and he didn't touch me once, but apparently they can't quite manage it, so a backup plan would be nice.
There's a pillar that all of you can climb in the eastern of the map IIR, where the Dalamadur be during the second phase. Its laser wouldn't hit you but it will destroy the large stone pillar later on when certain HP threshold met, so your friend really must learn to superman dive its laser beam

Or perhaps bring farcaster and its combination material, and used it during beam time. But one of you must stay to signal when the ordeal is over or otherwise they could accidentally step in when its beam passing through.

Boogiepop

There's a pillar that all of you can climb in the eastern of the map IIR, where the Dalamadur be during the second phase. Its laser wouldn't hit you but it will destroy the large stone pillar later on when certain HP threshold met, so your friend really must learn to superman dive its laser beam

Or perhaps bring farcaster and its combination material, and used it during beam time. But one of you must stay to signal when the ordeal is over or otherwise they could accidentally step in when its beam passing through.

Thanks! Also, hooray, got 3 of the fang+s I needed from Molten Tigrex in one try! Just need one more so here's hoping I get one on my next try through! (Also, I realized at the last possible second that I had knocked a shiny out of him, and just as I was doing the pick-up animation... the quest ended! In my head, that was totally the last fang I needed. Of course in actuality it was probably just a wyvern tear or some crap.)

Why do people who are fighting Shah Dalam act like they've never fought a Dalam before. Dude tried to dodge roll through the death beam THREE SEPARATE TIMES. You can guess how that mission turned out.

The Caravaneer's Challenge is hard with a SnS. D: Am I just ill-equipped or is there something I'm missing? The first two go down in 15 minutes, but then Shaggy Magally shows up and inevitably traps me in a combo and I triple cart. Maybe I need a different weapon or something. How have you guys dealt with it?

I'm solo-ing Dalamadur at HR7. I broke both his claws and the spines on his back. Everytime he coils around the mountain and I climb up to get to his head, he roars and fall back down. So annoying. Any tips on the getting to the head? Also, what about the tail? Any one has a link or a diagram where I can find the tail at certain positions to cut it off? After cutting the tail and breaking the horn/face, which is the best part to concentrate on to kill him?

tm24

I'm solo-ing Dalamadur at HR7. I broke both his claws and the spines on his back. Everytime he coils around the mountain and I climb up to get to his head, he roars and fall back down. So annoying. Any tips on the getting to the head? Also, what about the tail? Any one has a link or a diagram where I can find the tail at certain positions to cut it off? After cutting the tail and breaking the horn/face, which is the best part to concentrate on to kill him?

Gaijinhunter has a great video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD1VyMExwsg

Wanderer5

Nerscylla Z made! Got rid of - health and boost Expert up to +2 and added guard up thanks to the first creator talisman I got with 8+ in Guard up and two slots. And I like changing the colors of this armor, cause it changes most of it.XD Dat cape too despite the clipping galore.:p

It one really cool armor set. Now to get stuff from the regular Nerscylla to upgrade its CB.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally got a kinda good GS
2zr2S9t.jpg

redcrayon

Soloing my Ruby Basarios guild quest, I've got him up to level 130 but it's getting a touch difficult now. He's now frenzied, and I got combo'd this morning by his triple heat fart followed by insanely accurate triple rock launch as I tried to roll off the flame! If he stuns me at any point, it's immediately followed by a full charge which takes off 2/3rds off my health. He also has a frenzied Velocidrome running interference half the time too.

It's been great watching him go from being a cakewalk to a really meaty fight, my cats are lucky if they last ten seconds.

Airan

The Magala species loves me. Two Contrary Scales while carving.

I don't need those things I need your more common g-rank pieces harglbargl

The pain of monster hunter is looking for common bits while getting the rarest drops. You are thankful to RNGesus, but this was not the item you were looking for.

Shengar

The Magala species loves me. Two Contrary Scales while carving.

I don't need those things I need your more common g-rank pieces harglbargl

The same happened to me too with Gore Magala mantle
Alright, from tomorrow I'll need S. Magala lash and cortexes.

And now it works! It just took it three days... well what ever. Anybody want to do some hunts with me to celebrate? (I also need help getting through HR6)

47-1201-7468-9857
Pass: 2222

Water armor update (Ace Gunner Armor) -

I have almost all materials. Just need 5 Ace tickets (ugh), 3 Elder Dragon Bloods, and a Seregios Gem. Glad I can finally use all those plates I got a long time ago and never needed.

I also have a Water Atk +9 talisman (unfortunately no slots) that I'll probably be using.

Thanks again for the advice yesterday. This thing's gonna be ballin.

Are dung bombs no longer effective in g rank? Doing this double Tetsu quest in early G rank and the 2 Tetsus keep going to the same area, and dung bombs don't seem to have any effect.

And Damn G rank is no joke. My armor is 432 but they still hit like a truck.

Are dung bombs no longer effective in g rank? Doing this double Tetsu quest in early G rank and the 2 Tetsus keep going to the same area, and dung bombs don't seem to have any effect.

I was annoyed by this last night, doing the G-rank quest with two frenzied Zamtrios, and vowed to always eat for Dungmaster if I ever have to fight two monsters at once. :mad:

I remember Dung Bombs being more effective in 3U.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

I have tetsu X armor with 526 def and the tigerstripe zamtrios still hits for two thirds of my max health.

Bladelaw

As someone who dabbled with Monster Hunter 3U on 3DS and enjoyed what I played (only got to 3* missions before I got dragged away by the backlog) should I keep going in 3U or should I move on to 4?

I kind of feel the same way as you with Dung Bombs. Doing the Brachydios + Stygian Zinogre Quest, I dunged Stygian when he got into our room, and the flippin Brachy left. I guess the S.Zin just smelled too badly for poor Brachy.

As someone who dabbled with Monster Hunter 3U on 3DS and enjoyed what I played (only got to 3* missions before I got dragged away by the backlog) should I keep going in 3U or should I move on to 4?

Depends on how much multiplayer you plan on doing, or if your friends are playing a particular version.

Both are fantastic. If you're playing single-player, just stick with 3U for now (save money, and there's much more information on 3U than 4).

Top Bottom