• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World (XB1/PS4, PC later, Early 2018) E3 info [Up: Effectively MH5]

I’m so happy this is a thing and it’s coming for PC too. Too bad about the delayed release but at this point that’s to be expected from a Sony money hatted game. Can’t wait for actual gameplay. Seems to be amazing going by hands on reports.

The salt about an extended version of a rehash game not being a priority when they have a worldwide (!) release of a brand new main series title coming up and the accusations of “betrayal” and “backstabbing” will hold me over until then.

Did you buy Generations?

BadWolf

I'm so happy this is a thing and it's coming for PC too. Too bad about the delayed release but at this point that's to be expected from a Sony money hatted game. Can't wait for actual gameplay. Seems to be amazing going by hands on reports.

The salt about an extended version of a rehash game not being a priority when they have a worldwide (!) release of a brand new main series title coming up and the accusations of ”betrayal" and ”backstabbing" will hold me over until then.

Can't blame Sony when the XB version is coming out at the same time as PS4.

lyrick

When people drop in and try to drop all the inflammatory shit they can in a single post, it's okay to not quote them and ignore it entirely.

Vuze

Did you buy Generations?
Two copies actually as well as XX

Also yeah, simultaneous Xbox release is a valid point but it’s just weird how they wouldn’t reveal the simplest stuff about the PC version (just: “at a later date” with pre order options being unavailable for the platform too). Anyway, didn’t mean to derail the thread, it just seems a little fishy.

Has there been any confirmation for a date/time of gameplay reveal whatsoever?

Sane_Man

I really hope the shared carting penalty is removed. I don't mind if I'm removed if I die 2-3 times, but I used to feel so bad to fellow Gaffers when I caused us all to forfeit! Removing that shame potential would be nice.

Kinsei

Banned
Two copies actually as well as XX

Also yeah, simultaneous Xbox release is a valid point but it’s just weird how they wouldn’t reveal the simplest stuff about the PC version (just: “at a later date” with pre order options being unavailable for the platform too). Anyway, didn’t mean to derail the thread, it just seems a little fishy.

Has there been any confirmation for a date/time of gameplay reveal whatsoever?

We know for sure that there will be public demos at Gamescom. There may or may not be gameplay during the stream on the 20th.

Vuze

It has PS4 exclusive content? Why didn't anyone tell me about the exclusive Thunderjaw? That's the dream!
I just checked again and the press release indeed confirmed exclusive content:

Also for PlayStation fans, there will be special Monster Hunter: World game content that is unique for PlayStation 4 players. More details will be shared soon.

I just checked again and the press release indeed confirmed exclusive content:

Welp. Sucks for me, as I rock an Xbox+Switch. But exclusive content, as long as it isn't particularly egregious, won't really be a deal breaker for me getting the game.

Kind of a bummer anyway.

Camjo-Z

PS4 already seemed like the best version anyway since it's the only one that will let you play online with godlike Japanese hunters.

Kyoufu

PS4 already seemed like the best version anyway since it's the only one that will let you play online with godlike Japanese hunters.

That's one of the things I'm looking forward to. I've been begging for worldwide servers since forever. Really nice that we can play with people all over the world now.

I wonder if it's still P2P or if servers will be dedicated though?

Qurupeke

Kratos' blades or whatever seems like an easy thing to do, considering both of those games have the same release window.

However, I'd kill for another crazy Tetsuya Nomura armor.

Xane

I'd love to play the PC version as my main version but I'm worried about hacking seeing how the game will be client-side. Sure, I can stick to my friends only but the entire concept of the SOS flare becomes utterly useless in the PC version if you just get hackers joining in.

Oh well, I'll also get the PS4 version, so I'll still be able to decide what version I stick with.

Zeta Oni

I cannot say I am massively happy with locked content, so I hope MS have something in the works too.

Could you imagine a Halo themed DLC for MH?

Energy Sword + Kig Yar Point Defense Gauntlet (Jackel shield) would make an excellent Sword & Shield weapon, maybe with Arbiter-themed armor sets...

I won't get my hopes up, but it could be seriously awesome.

Kyoufu

How would Thunderjaw even fit in MH? It fires missiles...

The only thing I want from Horizon is the crafting wheel which actually sounds like it's being implemented.

Top Bottom