• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

SalvaPot

If you are current with the manga be sure to visit the manga thread, we do have the Bakugou complain every one or two months, he just rubs people the wrong way.

TheFlow

Banned
of course people are going to complain about Baku whether you like him or not is irrelevant to his shitty personality. Complaints are valid.

Like someone else said he is a bad person but a good character for this series. good contrast to the protagonist and other upstarts.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There isn't much good in referencing your opinion on a specific character, ex. Bakugou, from a point of view knowing the present state of the manga.

Nothing that has been shown of Bakugou has shown any nuance besides being a prime level shit head, fear and an inferiority complex if he isn't number 1 which has been made worse when thrown into an environment where everyone's quirk game is at a high level, and the fear that the kid he bullied might be stronger than him and "lied" to him. If there is a good or more detailed side to Bakugou that happens in the future, the viewers will get to it.

Good job giving light spoilers to people, delete your comment, and stop acting like it isn't possible to defend characters or talk about things without needing to reveal the current manga, what I and others are saying is no different than what we were arguing when these chapters dropped initially.

First things first if All Might can admit that Baku was trying to kill Deku during the training exercise the least you guys can do is acknowledge that. Now if Baku got reprimanded, or suspended, or had to spend a day with Thirteen being educated on restraint and how dangerous and deadly quirks can be that would actually help make sense.

Instead Baku tries to kill Deku in plain view of a teacher and all anyone has to say about it is All Might giving him a pep talk about pushing forward past losses.

Heck All Might was reprimanded more for letting the fight get to that point than Baku usimg deadly force against Deku.

It's not that Baku is a bully and a shit head. Its that he's one to such an insane degree . If attempted murder isn't a punishable offense in this world what is?

daffy

Banned
Good job giving light spoilers to people, delete your comment, and stop acting like it isn't possible to defend characters or talk about things without needing to reveal the current manga, what I and others are saying is no different than what we were arguing when these chapters dropped initially.
Yeah. Why do posters keep pulling this shit? No one cares about your shit tier foreshadowing

I don't even like popping up in here anymore. even when the episode is really good and i want to hear impressions

Yeah. Why do posters keep pulling this shit? No one cares about your shit tier foreshadowing

I don't even like popping up in here anymore. even when the episode is really good and i want to hear impressions
Things had been pretty good about teasing so far and the first time it happened it was quickly corrected. Sadly people don't seem to get it and it kills the conversation. Which is super sad considering how good everything is.

Tace

Geez guys, should I grab the noose or did you already bring one? I wasn't trying to spoil anything, Bakugo's my favorite character and I was perhaps too hasty to come to his defense. I was intentionally not trying to spoil, but I see now I shouldn't have said anything.

I'll be sure to check out the manga thread.

Unbounded

Cool thing about opinions on characters in an extended story is that they're malleable and change over time as the story progresses. That's sort of how stories work.

It's way more fun to watch these opinions develop when someone isn't jumping in hinting at things like Snape Killing Dumbledore but actually being a good guy all along.

Geez guys, should I grab the noose or did you already bring one? I wasn't trying to spoil anything, Bakugo's my favorite character and I was perhaps too hasty to come to his defense. I was intentionally not trying to spoil, but I see now I shouldn't have said anything.

I'll be sure to check out the manga thread.
Then you should go and edit that comment out. Don't leave it there for other to go and quote you again.

Basically Salva, Puruzi and Asheroth should also edit their comment.

Tace

My comments on the episode are up, I took out the rest. I don't know how to delete it completely but if you guys want me to someone explain it and I'll do that.

As you can probably tell, I do like this series quite a bit. I'm sorry for referencing anything that can be seen as a spoiler. But if you guys could not jump down my throat and perhaps give a poster the benefit of the doubt every once in a while, it'd help me not feel like shit.

SalvaPot

Bakugou always brings the most heated arguments.

Also I don't agree that he was trying to kill Deku, he was totally expecting Deku to dodge it, and wanted him to dodge to put him in a bad position and beat him.

If anything, All Might is the crazy one for not stopping Bakugou when he had the chance, because he wanted Deku to prove himself.

caliph95

Regardless of what was Bakugo intention All might did decide to let it keep going because Deku IIRC even though Baku could have killed him

Bakugou always brings the most heated arguments.

Also I don't agree that he was trying to kill Deku, he was totally expecting Deku to dodge it, and wanted him to dodge to put him in a bad position and beat him.

If anything, All Might is the crazy one for not stopping Bakugou when he had the chance, because he wanted Deku to prove himself.
By thst logic, it's not a crime for me to point a gun at someone and shoot at them so long as they manage to get out of the way. He still knowingly used lethal force on Deku during a training exercise. Doing that in the military or police will get you immediately thrown out and prosecuted.

All Might was also scolded by staff for how he handled the training exercise and told to not let his attachment to Deku cloud his judgement like that ever again.

Baku tried to kill Deku in front of All Might and everyone in class and he doesn't even get a stern talking to.

SalvaPot

By thst logic, it's not a crime for me to point a gun at someone and shoot at them so long as they manage to get out of the way. He still knowingly used lethal force on Deku during a training exercise. Doing that in the military or police will get you immediately thrown out and prosecuted.

All Might was also scolded by staff for how he handled the training exercise and told to not let his attachment to Deku cloud his judgement like that ever again.

Baku tried to kill Deku in front of All Might and everyone in class and he doesn't even get a stern talking to.

The guy did his worst and still lost, that must be a bigger punishment to Bakugou, personally.

NEO0MJ

My comments on the episode are up, I took out the rest. I don't know how to delete it completely but if you guys want me to someone explain it and I'll do that.

As you can probably tell, I do like this series quite a bit. I'm sorry for referencing anything that can be seen as a spoiler. But if you guys could not jump down my throat and perhaps give a poster the benefit of the doubt every once in a while, it'd help me not feel like shit.

You've been on Gaf for almost four years, you should know by now that spoilers are serious business.

Ascheroth

Your stuff wasn't really that spoilerish, but the thing is, it's better to nip those things in the bud or it will inevitably spiral out of control and people arguing about future events with and without spoilerbars will happen and then the OT will go to shit for anime-only folks.
We were there during S1.

SalvaPot

Ok, I made a few amendments to Rule 1 of the thread:

Now all anime spoiler discussion should go directly to the manga thread. Manga viewers are allowed to comment, of course, but always within the knowledge of the anime. Relevant additional info, like extra pages or sketches or interviews are allowed as long as they don't directly spoil the story. If in doubt, don't post it here and post it on the manga thread instead, we love discussion there. Here we go:

Rules and Suggestions

1) Manga Spoilers should go to the Manga Thread and are not allowed in the Anime thread. If you have the need to discuss manga spoilers in relation to the anime, go to the Manga thread right here.. A good Hero is always mindful of others.

2) Everything aired is fair game and there is no need to spoiler tag it. If you haven't watched the most recent episode yet, avoid this thread until then. A good Hero is always well informed.

3) Avoid sexually explicit pictures, remember some of us are at work or with grandma. If its something you wouldn't show grandma, you really should consider not sharing it here. A good Hero is always looking out for his peers.

4) Do not link to any sites where you can watch the show unofficially and also do not discuss anything related to said sites. This is basic NeoGAF ToS, sames as scans. A good Hero always upholds the law.

Pejo

So I hadn't realized this was even back yet, caught all 3 episodes last night. I always hate the episode after a really big event in anime, you know it's going to be setup and kinda boring. The other two episodes were pretty good though. Can't wait to see how this next event goes with everyone vs. Deku.

Tace

You've been on Gaf for almost four years, you should know by now that spoilers are serious business.

I'm not on here all the time, and it'd be nice if people would stop acting like I spoiled anything. I get it, don't reference the manga, but the over reactions are a bit much.

SalvaPot

Its been noted, trust me

Sorry dude, I also believed my wording was not spoilery at all but I can get why people who are just watching the anime may think it is. After all we are rising expectations and that can take from the surprise when unexpected development happen.

If we seem so strict is because we are passionate about the show, its a damn good show.

im just one arc behind in the manga and i still don't like baku, he should have been expelled during the training sessions tbh, he only thinks of himself, is a bully, and tried to kill deku in front of everyone. how the kid didn't even get a slap on the wrist is beyond me

im just one arc behind in the manga and i still don't like baku, he should have been expelled during the training sessions tbh, he only thinks of himself, is a bully, and tried to kill deku in front of everyone. how the kid didn't even get a slap on the wrist is beyond me
I think you guys need to remember this is still a fictional world. A world were everyone has superpowers. A place were people casually watch heroes battle it out with villains. Of course it's not going to go 1:1 with our normal logic. Hell that entrance exam could have killed any student! When that 0 point robot came in, he could have just straight up wounded/killed? Ochako or Deku or any students. The festival right now. The students had to cross giant pits! and go over a landmine field. So lots of factors are to take in here and being 100% logical isn't the best way to take things. Does Bakugo acts like an ass? Sure. But this is the kind of characters that can exist and developp in MHA's universe.

Also no need to mention where you are in the manga. We already had plenty of talk about foreshadowing things.
tumblr_oduar0becf1ti2ggbo2_r2_500.gif

Tace

Whatever else, at least Bakugo is effective at generating discussion. Curious what you guys are expecting out of the Sports Festival. What would make it a good arc in your eyes?

caliph95

I know i already read the manga but heres me hoping it gives more characters an opportunity to shine and show some skills to repeat what i would say if i haven't read it

Whatever else, at least Bakugo is effective at generating discussion. Curious what you guys are expecting out of the Sports Festival. What would make it a good arc in your eyes?
I want it to be a sakugafest for my eyes and so far episode 1,2 and 3 delievered.

N7.Angel

Honestly, if Bakugo goes vilain in the future arc, it'll make more sense than anything Sasuke in Naruto but in the other hand, I don't think he's a bad person, and from what we've seen ( anime wise ) I think he'll be a better person than he was in S01.

caliph95

Honestly, if Bakugo goes vilain in the future arc, it'll make more sense than anything Sasuke in Naruto but in the other hand, I don't think he's a bad person, and from what we've seen ( anime wise ) I think he'll be a better person than he was in S01.
Bakugo though legitimately wants to be a hero from what we have seen and tries hard to do so though likely for the glory and to win. I doubt he can accomplish the same as villain even if he doesn't care about being hated.

Squalor

I mean, it would be great if they didn't actually make him a villain. By all anime tropes, it's the obvious path for him, so it would be refreshing to have him remain a hero, but still be a foil for the protagonist.

He's a dick, but I'm actually enjoying his character because I believe he truly wants to be a great hero. He has learning and growing to do, but that doesn't mean he needs to become a bad guy just to turn good again like every other similar character in every other shonen.

Started watching this on the recommendation of a student and man, I'm hooked. This show is just pure hype, especially that last episode. It's so exciting I'm tempted to start reading the manga. Will the show take a break between cours?

N7.Angel

Bakugo though legitimately wants to be a hero from what we have seen and tries hard to do so though likely for the glory and to win. I doubt he can accomplish the same as villain even if he doesn't care about being hated.

But he has characteristic of vilains, he's power hungry, don't care about hurting people or people feelings, he's violent,lunatic and he's a bully, he want to be more powerful than All Might, it's not impossible for him to go rogue when he'll understand than All Might is done and give his power to Deku.

I'm not saying that'll happen and honestly, I really like the character and I want him to stay on the good side, I'm just saying that he can go on both side ( hero/vilain ) and that can work, more than Sasuke non sense.

Ascheroth

I'm expecting lots of awesome animation and hype music. So far it delivered.

Started watching this on the recommendation of a student and man, I'm hooked. This show is just pure hype, especially that last episode. It's so exciting I'm tempted to start reading the manga. Will the show take a break between cours?
Nah, 2 cours straight. Then we'll have to wait for Season 3 :p

You have a good student! It's 2 continuous cour.

I think you guys need to remember this is still a fictional world. A world were everyone has superpowers. A place were people casually watch heroes battle it out with villains. Of course it's not going to go 1:1 with our normal logic. Hell that entrance exam could have killed any student! When that 0 point robot came in, he could have just straight up wounded/killed? Ochako or Deku or any students. The festival right now. The students had to cross giant pits! and go over a landmine field. So lots of factors are to take in here and being 100% logical isn't the best way to take things. Does Bakugo acts like an ass? Sure. But this is the kind of characters that can exist and developp in MHA's universe.

Also no need to mention where you are in the manga. We already had plenty of talk about foreshadowing things.
tumblr_oduar0becf1ti2ggbo2_r2_500.gif

It's a fictional world where people have super powers. Powers that have been very clearly established as being immensely dangerous and lethal if used recklessly and carelessly. That was very explained with villains like the sludge villain, and Thirteen. If anyone in this series has ever been shown using their powers recklessly and carelessly, it's Bakugo.

Unless further character development actually addresses and recontectualizes what has happened in the story, nothing is going to make up for the fact that Bakugo is a person who recklessly and carelessly abuses his quirk that is very capable of maiming and harming anyone effected by it. It also will not address the fact that Bakugo very clearly tried to kill Deku during training exercises.

I don't care what happens later, whether he turns out to be a Tsundere and secretly was inlove with Deku, whether he's a super deep cover secret agent or whatever. Unless it's directly addressing it, Bakugo will always be that guy who tried to murder Deku during a training exercise and ignited nitroglycerin in his face for kicks growing up. That never just goes away because he has an interesting fight in the future or whatever.

These kinds of characters can exist and develop within MHA's universe though. They're called villains.

Sasuke isn't really like Bakugou.
Sasuke wasn't a bully at all, had a mutually antagonistic relationship with Naruto and an actual friendship with him (though I don't believe Kishi developed it enough), plus he defended Naruto from Sakuras mean comments in like the second or third chapter, they're pretty different people.

Hypron

This episode felt pretty dragged out and the animation wasn't really anything special either. Hopefully next week's one makes up for it.

Top Bottom