• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Indiana Jones to come to PS5 in the first half of 2025, timed console exclusive for Xbox

Killjoy-NL

of-course-thor-thor-of-course.gif
You're late....

F0zB2qRWYAAmIZn.jpg

Bond007

Already expected this.
This was to be the last hurrah for my XSX really- but even now, i'm just gonna wait for the best version and own the actual disc on PS5.
But first- lets hope the game is even good.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

If true. I wonder if this really is a timed exclusive, or just them needing more time to complete the PS5 version. We dont know when development switched to include PS5. Especially when we consider overall development wasn't very long for this iirc. Just seems weird to only have it exclusive for a few months. And unfortunately I dont trust anything Xbox themselves say.

Anyway, I hope it turns out well. I have felling it might only be good, rather than great.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If true. I wonder if this really is a timed exclusive, or just them needing more time to complete the PS5 version. We dont know when development switched to include PS5. Especially when we consider overall development wasn't very long for this iirc. Just seems weird to only have it exclusive for a few months. And unfortunately I dont trust anything Xbox themselves say.

The game was first announced in 2021, it was most probably in development for some time before that.

Seems like a current standard 4~5 year dev cycle.

Anyway, I hope it turns out well. I have felling it might only be good, rather than great.

A good game will be great and a great game will be good, too. :messenger_beaming:

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
It is so weird to me that right when MS gets to be the biggest 3rd party publisher in the world, that's when they decide to just forget about their console and trying to bring people to their ecosystem and Gamepass and go for something completely different: sell their games everywhere.

They always seemed a bit all over the place and never really sure what to do. Never betting 100% on something but this...damn.

They probanly realized that whatever they earned from extra users was still not that much when compared to selling their games everywhere, but it's still something weird to see.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

The game was first announced in 2021, it was most probably in development for some time before that.

Seems like a current standard 4~5 year dev cycle.

A good game will be great and a great game will be good, too. :messenger_beaming:
Yeah I thought it had only had 3+ years... regardless, I'm a little nervous with machine games. I enjoyed Wolfenstein 2, but it wasn't for me top tier amazing. I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed though.

Hudo

If nothing else, he was being honest:

It looks better when they decide how they want to judge to put the brand they live and breathe for in the #1 spot

The celebration would look much more muted if that posters brand was actually in the #2 spot

But he has always been honest he bleeds blue
Huh. I wasn't aware that he was a combatant in the console wars. But that explains some things.

GHG

Gold Member
Cmon man, look at your post history. Look in the mirror.

Mate, your post history here goes back as far as your jaysimple account, some of us were still here back then as well. Let's not forget your admittance that you allow the way Xbox is treated to affect you on a deeper level after the CMA situation during the Activision saga.

Other people (thankfully) are not the same as you. This is very much a you problem that you ought to deal with.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Funny, I remember some of us saying something similar when MS acquired Bethesda and around the time Game Pass launched.

no-hello.gif

You were right. I think there were many saying gaming in the console space especially, will be wild over the next few years.

It's going to get crazier I think.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

NateTheHate: Indiana Jones to come to PS5 in the first half of 2025, timed console exclusive for Xbox​

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

AmuroChan

You may very well be right but I think there’s a marked difference between Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Even with Disney fumbling the ball on it, Star Wars is an “evergreen” franchise with trilogies that cater to three different generations, with a wide array of extended universe material including decades of critically acclaimed games (even if most of them are now considered outside of canon by Disney). “Being” a Jedi in video games has been a power fantasy for, well, as long as Star Wars games have been around. So it doesn’t surprise me that a game like Jedi Fallen Order would do well.

Meanwhile, Indiana Jones really only had a ten year heyday, for the first three movies. Spin-offs like TV shows and novels never really went anywhere. While Star Wars was a vehicle for kids and merchandise, Indiana Jones was a love letter to the Greatest Generation and Boomer radio and dime novel dramas. Most of the attempts at bringing Indiana Jones into video games have been middling, with other properties iterating on the Indiana Jones formula better than Indy himself (Tomb Raider, Uncharted).

I’m not sure the audience is there anymore to make an Indiana Jones game successful. Star Wars will always appeal to kids and young adults. Indiana Jones is for their boomer grandparents. Not exactly a strong gamer demographic. 🤷

I agree with your assessment about the brand itself, but I also think that what ultimately will decide the fate of this game is simply whether it's any good. Gaming is more flexible than film because filmgoers generally go watch a movie for the IP or the star power. Gamers are more willing to check out a game even if it's a new IP or weakened IP if the game is great and has really good gameplay. I'm with you that the Indy brand is damaged and the brand alone is not enough to get me to check out this game. However, if the game comes out and everyone says the game is awesome and super fun to play, then sure I'll check it out.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Why do they always need to bring PlayStation into this?
3vNBmCH.jpeg

Xbox knows they can no longer "win" the console war and now these memos have been sent out, marching orders, to start the campaign its all about the games now

Side note have been saying for awhile now Xbox next system will not be of the traditional type

The higher end "console" will likely cost much more than what we see now but will run Steam

Will their plan work?

I don't know

Before people jump in and say "Just buy a PC" you will still have console only games to play, even if only timed like GTA6

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
There are always those that are “console neutral” but end saying things like “But Nintendo is just better” at the end.
Exactly. Nothing wrong with a preference. Own it!

That said, I’m a little surprised to see a certain someone engage the way that they are. Puts things in perspective, though!

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Exactly. Nothing wrong with a preference. Own it!

That said, I’m a little surprised to see a certain someone engage the way that they are. Puts things in perspective, though!
Agreed nothing wrong with having a preference as I actually prefer the Xbox hardware especially the Elite controller over the Edge if nothing else I have gotten used to the 4 paddles on back and not limited to just 2

I hate ignoring people here because someday they might actually add something of value but when the same few people constantly take shots at one side or the other they earn that ignore

Top Bottom