• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Indiana Jones to come to PS5 in the first half of 2025, timed console exclusive for Xbox

Elios83

Oh well....certainly the money spent on renegotiating the deal with Disney just to release the game again on PlayStation is a fuck up that rivals the RE4 Gamecube exclusive debacle and we didn't see in 20 years :messenger_grinning_sweat: šŸ¤­

About the game I hope it's good otherwise having a late port will kill sales.

Last edited:

Nydius

On the film side, no. It remains to be seen whether there's an appetite on the gaming side. Jedi Fallen and Survivor sold very well. So it's possible that the lack of interest on the film side doesn't impact the gaming side.

You may very well be right but I think thereā€™s a marked difference between Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Even with Disney fumbling the ball on it, Star Wars is an ā€œevergreenā€ franchise with trilogies that cater to three different generations, with a wide array of extended universe material including decades of critically acclaimed games (even if most of them are now considered outside of canon by Disney). ā€œBeingā€ a Jedi in video games has been a power fantasy for, well, as long as Star Wars games have been around. So it doesnā€™t surprise me that a game like Jedi Fallen Order would do well.

Meanwhile, Indiana Jones really only had a ten year heyday, for the first three movies. Spin-offs like TV shows and novels never really went anywhere. While Star Wars was a vehicle for kids and merchandise, Indiana Jones was a love letter to the Greatest Generation and Boomer radio and dime novel dramas. Most of the attempts at bringing Indiana Jones into video games have been middling, with other properties iterating on the Indiana Jones formula better than Indy himself (Tomb Raider, Uncharted).

Iā€™m not sure the audience is there anymore to make an Indiana Jones game successful. Star Wars will always appeal to kids and young adults. Indiana Jones is for their boomer grandparents. Not exactly a strong gamer demographic. šŸ¤·

Last edited:

ArcaneNLSC

Their services are no longer required. The war is over. Xbox is dead.

I hope they get severance pay :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Or maybe not since they were independent contractors. MS is smart.
Nah they'll just send them these Arnott's Shapes XBOX biscuits that aren't even selling at 50 cents a box
YHGLavr.jpeg

Astray

Oh well....certainly the money spent on renegotiating the deal with Disney just to release the game again on PlayStation is a fuck up that rivals the RE4 Gamecube exclusive debacle and we didn't see in 20 years :messenger_grinning_sweat: šŸ¤­

About the game I hope it's good otherwise having a late port will kill sales.
Tim Stuart was forecasting 10m in sales for both this and Starfield on PS5.

I think Starfield can't do that anymore, that title is way too exposed now and it's gonna come late.

Jury's out on Indiana Jones, but I don't think the IP will boost this game's sales tbh.

You may very well be right but I think thereā€™s a marked difference between Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Even with Disney fumbling the ball on it, Star Wars is an ā€œevergreenā€ franchise with trilogies that cater to three different generations, with a wide array of extended universe material including decades of critically acclaimed games (even if most of them are now considered outside of canon by Disney). ā€œBeingā€ a Jedi in video games has been a power fantasy for, well, as long as Star Wars games have been around. So it doesnā€™t surprise me that a game like Jedi Fallen Order would do well.

Meanwhile, Indiana Jones really only had a ten year heyday, for the first three movies. Spin-offs like TV shows and novels never really went anywhere. While Star Wars was a vehicle for kids and merchandise, Indiana Jones was a love letter to the Greatest Generation and Boomer radio and dime novel dramas. Most of the attempts at bringing Indiana Jones into video games have been middling, with other properties iterating on the Indiana Jones formula better than Indy himself (Tomb Raider, Uncharted).

Iā€™m not sure the audience is there anymore to make an Indiana Jones game successful. Star Wars will always appeal to kids and young adults. Indiana Jones is for their boomer grandparents. Not exactly a strong gamer demographic. šŸ¤·
The latest Indiana Jones film was a massive flop in cinemas.

I actually agree with you that it's a spent franchise.. This game will live and die by its gameplay.

Nydius

I actually agree with you that it's a spent franchise.. This game will live and die by its gameplay.

Agreed, which is why Iā€™ve been pretty disappointed that weā€™ve seen precious little gameplay beyond curated cutscenes so far. What bits of actual gameplay weā€™ve seen has looked pretty rough.

Iā€™m hoping we get to see a fair bit more at Gamescom.

The gameplay is going to have to be top notch (or the story is going to have to be Raiders or Last Crusade level of good) to make this stand out against the very game franchises Indiana Jones inspired.

Last edited:
It's what I love about these Sony guys that say things like. "thanks for beta testing it" "we get the complete edition"

Us PC guys are sat here looking at Sony console business and its games coming to PC like .....

Yes GIF by Your Happy Workplace
Today's PC guys, who were earlier XBros, who used to be Sega fans once upon a time. I hope you guys do not bring that juju to PC. I would not be shocked10 years down the line when I see a thread titled GTA 7 homebrew port running at 1 fps on XSX and the usual suspects gather and circlejerk about how the XSX was way ahead of its time and it was even better than the PS6.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
It's what I love about these Sony guys that say things like. "thanks for beta testing it" "we get the complete edition"

Us PC guys are sat here looking at Sony console business and its games coming to PC like .....

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

I hope you guys do not bring that juju to PC.

One thing I've noticed is that in their transition to PC gaming a lot of them seem to champion AMD GPU's.

They just love pain.

Last edited:

BlackTron

When there's a Disney Xbox game: Ha it's better to wait 6 months for finished version anyway

When there's a Disney Ubisoft game: DAY ONE I DONT NEED TO WAIT 4 REVIEWS

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Today's PC guys, who were earlier XBros, who used to be Sega fans once upon a time. I hope you guys do not bring that juju to PC. I would not be shocked10 years down the line when I see a thread titled GTA 7 homebrew port running at 1 fps on XSX and the usual suspects gather and circlejerk about how the XSX was way ahead of its time and it was even better than the PS6.

I was playing on PCs since the 386 days. I'm an old school graphic adventure player. Before that I was Atari ST and Amiga 500. Before xbox consoles even were a twinkle in Bill Gates eyes. Before PS1.

You? ā€œUs PC guysā€?

Your stages of grief have truly come full circle.

These takes are wild lol

These takes are wild lol

Theyā€™re catching feelings because none of the Xbox community here is losing their shit over this possibility. Itā€™s ok, the rumor is fairly new. Theyā€™ll have some clickbait drama queen reactions to siphon energy off of soon enough šŸ¤­

Maybe some of the other primary Xbox users here are different but Colt, jez, Destin, etc etc, Iā€™d never know their opinions on anything if it wasnā€™t for the Sony clown alley constantly posting their stuff.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Theyā€™re catching feelings because none of the Xbox community here is losing their shit over this possibility. Itā€™s ok, the rumor is fairly new. Theyā€™ll have some clickbait drama queen reactions to siphon energy off of soon enough šŸ¤­

Maybe some of the other primary Xbox users here are different but Colt, jez, Destin, etc etc, Iā€™d never know their opinions on anything if it wasnā€™t for the Sony clown alley constantly posting their stuff.

I must admit, I only ever see posts from those weird Xbox psychopaths when its the Sony guys posting them. I had never even heard of them before the last few years of constant Sony leaning users pointing their posts, and probably giving them clicks and engagement. Which probably made these people think that someone wanted to read their mental takes.

I don't think the Xbox posters on this forum have really expressed any upset over games going to PS. Not what I have seen anyway.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I must admit, I only ever see posts from those weird Xbox psychopaths when its the Sony guys posting them. I had never even heard of them before the last few years of constant Sony leaning users pointing their posts, and probably giving them clicks and engagement. Which probably made these people think that someone wanted to read their mental takes.

I don't think the Xbox posters on this forum have really expressed any upset over games going to PS. Not what I have seen anyway.
Didn't you have a major meltdown during a discussion with me right after the Xbox Business Update back in january?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What about my post history? I donā€™t run around claiming one thing while showing another. You are a literal walking contradiction and Iā€™m but one of MANY that have called you out on it.

What that I like all platforms, and I dare to enjoy Xbox on neogaf?

I'll post negatively about every platform, and you guys cant take anything but shits on Xbox. But someone, who dares to admit they enjoy the Xbox platform is ostracized. Users like yourself are worse than flipping resetera with someone who says they don't follow their ideology.

I would say I am more open to all platforms than you guys are.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
What that I like all platforms, and I dare to enjoy Xbox on neogaf?

I'll post negatively about every platform, and you guys cant take anything but shits on Xbox. But someone, who dares to admit they enjoy the Xbox platform is ostracized. Users like yourself are worse than flipping resetera with someone who says they don't follow their ideology.

I would say I am more open to all platforms than you guys are.
Keep this up! The comedy is doing better than the ā˜•ļø I thought I needed!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Didn't you have a major meltdown during a discussion with me right after the Xbox Business Update back in january?

You may have perceived anything that is different than your point of view a meltdown. Isn't it you who is the new resident Sony shill, or am I getting mixed up with someone else?

I'm sure I saw you getting absolutely reemed over the last few weeks, was it concord or something. Might have been someone else. You hide your post history so I can't be sure.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Keep this up! The comedy is doing better than the ā˜•ļø I thought I needed!

Hahaha, trust me man. I get just as much entertainment from seeing posts like yours in every Xbox thread.

I mean, lets look at whats happened here once again. I havent called you out, I dont quote you. But guys like you and others only real contribution when you see someone that gives you feelings is to quote them and try and tear them down.

It's weird, then you try and make the person you are attacking, because they've said something you cant emotionally handle, look bad.

Proper weird.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Hahaha, trust me man. I get just as much entertainment from seeing posts like yours in every Xbox thread.
ā€œEvery Xbox threadā€.

See, I work better with this. At least youā€™re not hiding behind a kumbaya wall with this type of exposure. šŸ˜œ

In reality, I engage discussions and do have preferences. And then thereā€™s you - with pretentious bullshit stuck up your ass claiming some neutrality with a documented history of otherwise.

To the point of the thread - Iā€™m from the 80s, grew up with Indy, and am interested in the game. ā€œUs PC guysā€ know that they donā€™t need an Xbox to enjoy it, with or without PlayStation.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

You may have perceived anything that is different than your point of view a meltdown. Isn't it you who is the new resident Sony shill, or am I getting mixed up with someone else?

I'm sure I saw you getting absolutely reemed over the last few weeks, was it concord or something. Might have been someone else. You hide your post history so I can't be sure.
Reemed over?

All I did was keep saying that anti-Woke was taking it a bit too far and that they act exactly like Woke.
You consider that shilling? Lol

But I don't mind being considered a PS fanboy.

You're trying to deflect though.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Well, if MS knew how to manage their 30+ studios, knew how to manage a timeline for releases, and maybe crunched (like Japan) and released games, then maybe they wouldn't be so concerned about Xbox' bottom line. If they had bangers coming out regularly...they would definitely sell many more Xboxes and add Game Pass subscribers (they have not plateaued). But they shit the bed over the last 10 or so years and still cannot figure out how to run studios and make games.....so they need the Sony fanboys money.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
ā€œEvery Xbox threadā€.

See, I work better with this. At least youā€™re not hiding behind a kumbaya wall with this type of exposure. šŸ˜œ

In reality, I engage discussions and do have preferences. And then thereā€™s you - with pretentious bullshit stuck up your ass claiming some neutrality with a documented history of otherwise.

If you want to trawl through my post history, you will be able to clearly see that I share that I play on everything and have my preferences. Ive always said I prefer PC and Xbox as the platform I play on. Ive never even hidden that.

What are we actually doing here?

Nintendo is the best anyway.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
If you want to trawl through my post history, you will be able to clearly see that I share that I play on everything and have my preferences. Ive always said I prefer PC and Xbox as the platform I play on. Ive never even hidden that.

What are we actually doing here?

Nintendo is the best anyway.
ā€œNintendo is the bestā€ - cool. Irrelevant, but cool.

ā€œWhat are we doingā€? Typing in a forum.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
ā€œNintendo is the bestā€ - cool. Irrelevant, but cool.

ā€œWhat are we doingā€? Typing in a forum.

All im going to say is. Let's just make all this as silly as it is.

Indiana jones is coming to PS5 and thats great news for everyone.

Here havea gif!

I Love You Dnc GIF by PBS News

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
When PlayStation starts releasing games on xbox you might have a point. Until then this is purely a desperation move from MS to compete.

Yeah, but we shouldn't take some dude from resetera as a source, right ? šŸ«¢

tqi7qrG.jpeg

Reemed over?

All I did was keep saying that anti-Woke was taking it a bit too far and that they act exactly like Woke.
You consider that shilling? Lol

But I don't mind being considered a PS fanboy.

of-course-thor-thor-of-course.gif

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
The next 10 years is going to be wild.
Funny, I remember some of us saying something similar when MS acquired Bethesda and around the time Game Pass launched.

no-hello.gif

Top Bottom